Motor voltage power query

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Just asking for a friend ;)

My question is this,
If I have a motor that's rated to run a maximum voltage of 8s with a max rpm of 60,000 will that motor still run at 60,000rpm at a lower voltage say 4s or 6s ??

Let's say the motor is 1580kv for example..
Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 6.57.26 PM.png

As the other user said looking at the kv x volts. I just threw in some numbers I do not know your tire size, spur, pinion, internal gear and I guessed on the numbers for a GPS device speed to compare in the formula speed to see voltage per cell....your RPM goes down but most as I go gear up on 4S, etc to add more speed back to that lower motor RPM.

I was just shown this so still learning the table but it helps to play with numbers...

Last edited:
So lower voltage on a higher voltage motor = lower rpm and I'm guessing less heat also.
Thanks for the lesson guys(y) ( as I said, just asking for a friend ;) )

So lower voltage on a higher voltage motor = lower rpm and I'm guessing less heat also.
Thanks for the lesson guys(y) ( as I said, just asking for a friend ;) )

What I am going for...

When I came in the hobby I was all over the place. Now I am really studying my rigs like the Big Rock, Losi, Infraction, TLT to see what I can do by changing the motor dropping the KV but up the pinion even if I come out the same as what I gain is less RPM and less heat for cooler electronics. That is my goal. Why in another post my I said my best friend has a stock Typhon 6S v5 and I have the Typhon TLR-T we have the same electronics 2050kv and Firma 150A. He is fast but he also runs hot and he can get well over 60-65+. I have 4S with the same motor, etc but 19T pinion so I run less rpm and much cooler and can get about 54+. I did bump my punch as well a little....but he cannot leave me. Off the line, we are neck and neck and it then comes down to driving skill. Yes in a straight line he has the advantage but we bash on a dirt track so that never happens. Love how the TLR runs.

Same thing I am going for all my other rigs like the Losi DB Pro comes with a 3150kv motor I put a 2650kv and upped the pinion to 18T and I have the same speed as before but far less RPM and cooler electronics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back