Motor wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
Heads up family...So only about 10 minutes into a bash and my Kr8ton starts making this awful clicking noise... much like the one we’ve all heard on the 6s model but I new it was something different. After a minute of looking at the diffs I spotted the problem, the motor wire to esc had Broken its solder from the connection and was just making a connection. When the connection broke the car would click. Dam lucky to spot this as the connection end is burnt and the esc housing has a small bit of plastic melted. Lucky it didn’t cost me my rig!!!! I checked the other 2 wires and one looks as if the same problem is about to happen.
so bash cut short quick trip home for the soldering kit and back at it.
max5 combo goes in next week.
2BF7141B-B47E-423C-BE6F-D310DF91B595.jpeg

Attachments

• AB008EA5-3514-48D1-BA9C-D33C0B116E41.jpeg
    AB008EA5-3514-48D1-BA9C-D33C0B116E41.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 44
Heads up family...So only about 10 minutes into a bash and my Kr8ton starts making this awful clicking noise... much like the one we’ve all heard on the 6s model but I new it was something different. After a minute of looking at the diffs I spotted the problem, the motor wire to esc had Broken its solder from the connection and was just making a connection. When the connection broke the car would click. Dam lucky to spot this as the connection end is burnt and the esc housing has a small bit of plastic melted. Lucky it didn’t cost me my rig!!!! I checked the other 2 wires and one looks as if the same problem is about to happen.
so bash cut short quick trip home for the soldering kit and back at it.
max5 combo goes in next week.View attachment 67492

Cold joints happen, even with robot assisted soldering stations in mass production. This exists in all forms of manufacturing from aviation (ask me how I know) to medical devices.

Good catch and I’m glad it didn’t cause any other damage. I’ll be checking mine this evening, even though it’s swapped into my Infraction.

I had a couple CSJ's on some brand spanking new JR9100s servo boards about 10+ years ago. Back then they were $199 each. It happens.

If I were you I'd contact Arrma anyway. You might get a new motor/esc combo for back up out of their CSJ problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back