Motors and esc can I??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubLRRLIFE!8887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
I want to run a
Xlx2 with a 1717 1650kv motor ?
Mmxs with a 2050kv blx or spektrum motor ?
If yes what’s the downside ?
If no what’s the risk ?
Thanks guys I’m looking to do this because I don’t want to spend too much on the builds and if no what motors that are cheap cab I run with those esc’ s

Sure those combos would work just fine. Those ESCs can easily handle the motors you listed.

The motor pulls current rather than the ESC pushing current. So there’s no risk in having an ESC that is too powerful.

Problems arise when you run a motor that is too powerful for the ESC.

I want to run a
Xlx2 with a 1717 1650kv motor ?
Mmxs with a 2050kv blx or spektrum motor ?
If yes what’s the downside ?
If no what’s the risk ?
Thanks guys I’m looking to do this because I don’t want to spend too much on the builds and if no what motors that are cheap cab I run with those esc’ s

Is that a MMX8s or MMX6s esc with the spectrum motor?
I'll note the MMX6s esc overheats very easily on our Arrma 6s rigs. The MMX8s would be fine with that setup.
The small 3-4mm connectors off the spectrum motor have amperage limits and will melt if you are gearing for speed running, but if just bashing they will survive just fine.

I'll note the MMX6s esc overheats very easily on our Arrma 6s rigs. The MMX8s would be fine with that setup.
The small 3-4mm connectors off the spectrum motor have amperage limits and will melt if you are gearing for speed running, but if just bashing they will survive just fine.
8s and it’s for the kraton for bashing should be good but the xlx2 might try some passes is that cool ?
Sure it’s no MMX8S but in my experience, the MMX6S manages heat much better than the stock Firma 150.
Thank you I learned something new.
I thought it was the other way around now I know that cool same some money.

8s and it’s for the kraton for bashing should be good but the xlx2 might try some passes is that cool ?

Thank you I learned something new.
I thought it was the other way around now I know that cool same some money.

The XLX2 does not really fit the K6s well. If you are just bashing I wouldn't think you need or want the xlx2 in there on a 6s rig.
The MMX8s fits like a glove.
A max 6 from hobby wing is another good option.

I assume running cool is the goal so either would do well in there.

You mentioned trying some passes...... The Max6 can run the Kraton up to around 100mph with the right tires and gearing on there.
the MMX8s could take it further into the 120-140 range.

I have had both of these in my 'saved for later' for a while now and I just noticed the MMX8s is on sale, and I get 5% more back in rewards bringing my out-of-pocket cost down to about $310 minus sales tax. I don't need it right this minute, and I am trying to pay off my dang Amazon card not add to it, but I may have to just grab this now while it's on sale.

Heck, I am not even sure which car I want to put it in. Maybe I just go in for a pound and order a new K6s EXB Roller for it ass well? :LOL:

2023-02-07_16h40_59.png

I have had both of these in my 'saved for later' for a while now and I just noticed the MMX8s is on sale, and I get 5% more back in rewards bringing my out of pocket cost down to about $310 minus sales tax. I don't need it right this minute, and I am trying to pay off my dang Amazon card not add to it, but I may have to just grab this now while it's on sale.

View attachment 276434

Gotta love our money pit hobby....

money GIF

The motor overheats which in turn causes the esc to overheat I ran the MM2 with the Hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor for like 9 months and never had heat issues. I only switched to the Max6 because it was easier and more secure to mount with an aftermarket esc mount. The Rpm esc cage blows a bag of Richards and needs modifications to fit.

The XLX2 does not really fit the K6s well. If you are just bashing I wouldn't think you need or want the xlx2 in there on a 6s rig.

I assume running cool is the goal so either would do well in there.

You mentioned trying some passes...... The Max6 can run the Kraton up to around 100mph with the right tires and gearing on there.
the MMX8s could take it further into the 120-140 range.
Xlx2 in the infraction for the passes I hope I can get up to Al least 120 ?
Mmxs in the kraton sorry I didn’t clarify just bashing on that one.
I have had both of these in my 'saved for later' for a while now and I just noticed the MMX8s is on sale, and I get 5% more back in rewards bringing my out-of-pocket cost down to about $310 minus sales tax. I don't need it right this minute, and I am trying to pay off my dang Amazon card not add to it, but I may have to just grab this now while it's on sale.

Heck, I am not even sure which car I want to put it in. Maybe I just go in for a pound and order a new K6s EXB Roller for it ass well? :LOL:

View attachment 276434
Go for it !
Why not cut the bullets off the motor 2050kv one and use the castle ones that fit the Mmxs?

Last edited:
If my guesstimation and calipers are correct, the MMX8s W / 1520-1650KV will fit in a stock chassis SWB Typhon also?
Never tried that motor, but it should fit.
I was able to fit this Leopard 5692 (1340kv) on a Typhon....

wiring Capture.PNG

Xlx2 in the infraction for the passes I hope I can get up to Al least 120 ?
Mmxs in the kraton sorry I didn’t clarify just bashing on that one.

Yeah man the XLX2 is the go-to for speed uses.
Just take your time and build up to that speed. Start with 60 then work towards 80. Then try for 90 etc.

That’s ridiculous. Bet it was awesome. 6S or 8S?
8s setup but only drove it 1 time up and down my street then ended up selling it all to fund a different project.
It was shockingly smooth and very linear. I think it would have been a solid setup to try.

8s setup but only drove it 1 time up and down my street then ended up selling it all to fund a different project.
It was shockingly smooth and very linear. I think it would have been a solid setup to try.
How much for the motor?

Go for it !
Why not cut the bullets off the motor 2050kv one and use the castle ones that fit the Mmxs?

Do not cut motor wires. Simply de-solder / melt the solder and remove the bullet. Some motor wire strands are enamel coated and only the ends are able to be soldered. If you cut this end off, you may not be able to solder a new bullet onto the wire.

Do not cut motor wires. Simply de-solder / melt the solder and remove the bullet. Some motor wire strands are enamel coated and only the ends are able to be soldered. If you cut this end off, you may not be able to solder a new bullet onto the wire.
Good to I almost then I used old esc connectors I didn’t even know that lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back