Infraction Mounting K8S ESC in Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed, regarding upping the pinion more than 27. You may have to spool it and use a 29T spooled spur. I would have a spool setup and a diff at the ready. Just swap them out as needed based on how and where you want to run at any given time. Best of both worlds. I have been contemplating that for my Limitless. But running with the BLX185 stock elect.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310950
I think it will be very very popular when the weather gets better, Jenny's will be out of stock of the parts soon just like Typhon 6s shocks and Backflip LP's..???
Im struggling with getting those BF Lp's. Don't rub it in please.:ROFLMAO:
Hoons are going to get even harder to find at a decent price.
Better stock up on them now. I have 3 sets of Hoons disks and another 3 sets of different brands. Even 1 set of Foamies in there. Fooams are hard to find and cost much. My guess they are the best. I could be wrong. Will find out.

Last edited:
No records to break.(y) But nice to know you can push the Infr. to its advertised speed once in a while. 60MPH seems to be attainable with the out of box pinion.
Why the kraton 8s setup? Isn't the max5 combo the same price but 200A instead of the firma 160A?
@bicketybam is taking his K8S Firma ESC that he swapped out already to put into the Infraction. He has it already. He is not looking for speed records.
Hoons are going to get even harder to find at a decent price.
You know there is a problem with the parts train when the Hoons are selling well over $SRP$.

Last edited:
Anyone know the fan size of this ESC? I want to upgrade the fan before I run this in my Infraction.

I'm not looking to break any speed records. I'm going to parking lot bash it and maybe do some dirt track racing.
If it can help with any math/calculations, BLX 2050kv with a 20T Pinion and 46t Spur will hit 65 mph. That is what my Infraction is geared for at the moment, top speed for that gearing on stock, running GRP's. Again, if that can help break down any numbers to obtain that speed with your switched out setup!

How do you work that poop out?
Figuring out what gearing setup for certain speeds? This is used the most often, https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

I just happen to know top speed for that gearing setup, I stated, as that is the max speed I could get. Based on the GPS it could be a couple more or couple less MPH's when I ran it personally. I also know the bump up in the spur to a 50T will knock the speed down to about 8 - 10 mphs as well.

If that helps at all, bro!!

Figuring out what gearing setup for certain speeds? This is used the most often, https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

I just happen to know top speed for that gearing setup, I stated, as that is the max speed I could get. Based on the GPS it could be a couple more or couple less MPH's when I ran it personally. I also know the bump up in the spur to a 50T will knock the speed down to about 8 - 10 mphs as well.

If that helps at all, bro!!

yeah that guesstimate of top speed

ok that’s too complicated for me. I only know my spur and pinion ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back