Mounting my ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadFury

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
Does anybody know a good alternative to the double-sided foam tape, for holding down the ESC?

Thanks woodie. I have been using the foam style double sick tape. It held up for a couple months until it gave out today. It was pretty hot today so I'm not sure if that factored in, maybe the glue melted. I then tried Command strips made for hanging picture frames. They didn't work so well. I went for a bash session at my local skatepark and the command strip did not stay together. Maybe I will try velcro next.

I gently sand where I'm going to stick the ESC and then add some hot glue or shoe goo to the double sided foam tape. I've never had my Max6 come loose. If possible, put a zip tie around it as well.

Are you guys cleaning the surfaces with alcohol first? That grey 3m extra duty double sided mounting tape is incredible stuff. If anything I have to be careful I don’t use too much because it sticks too good!

I use Velcro too and I make sure I get the outdoor kind. Think it says it holds 15lbs on the pack. I have never had mine separate yet during bashing. The hooks and loops on the outdoor kind are much bigger and stronger than the regular kind.

Thanks for the tips! I'm using the 3M outdoor double sided stuff, but there have been times I wanted to remove the ESC, so I'll give this a go.

I use velcro and a ziptie on 1/10th scale, double sided tape and zipties on 1/8th scale. I've had both come loose without zipties on bad lawn dart crashes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back