Typhon Move the ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicky Slang

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi I'm new to this hobby; however, I noticed my BLX100 BRUSHLESS 3S ESC
Keeps getting knocked now and then, and the cable to the EC5 connector is taking some strain every time I place the body back on.

I've decided to move the ESC and On/Off switch to the middle of the chassis behind the motor. The ESC and On/Off switch fit easily into the pre-existing holes too; I think it looks much better, they're lower and out of the way and there's less strain on the cables.

I can't help, but wonder is this a bad idea to place the ESC so close to the motor? Is there a fundamental reason why Arrma have placed the ESC on top of the receiver box?

Attachments

• IMG_9123.jpg
    IMG_9123.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_9121.jpg
    IMG_9121.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9124.jpg
    IMG_9124.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 110
Us 4s guys have a brace through the middle which the cables rest on reducing the strain, maybe that's an option for you and it will make your chassis stronger in the process.

I've also moved my ESC to the middle too, where the shorter wheelbase cars (Granite, 4s Outcast) have theirs. I hated having it on the receiver box! There's no reason to keep it on the receiver box other than cooling, but after moving it it's not affected the temps and if it did it would be marginal.

Us 4s guys have a brace through the middle which the cables rest on reducing the strain, maybe that's an option for you and it will make your chassis stronger in the process.
Doesn't fit with the Typhon body I tried.

Ah my bad, should have read properly before replying!

i guess the only problem I can see is if you want to remove the motor, you may have to remove the ESC too.
You can remove the motor/power module without removing the ESC ?

Ah my bad, should have read properly before replying!

i guess the only problem I can see is if you want to remove the motor, you may have to remove the ESC too.
Nope like @Yas stated no need to move the esc, but if you run a longer motor it can become an issue.

I had the granite but converted it to a typhon, i had to move the ESC lower down next to the motor because the body wouldnt fit on with the esc ontop of the receiver box, the cappack on the battery wires was too chunky and would stop the body from fitting.

I had the granite but converted it to a typhon, i had to move the ESC lower down next to the motor because the body wouldnt fit on with the esc ontop of the receiver box, the cappack on the battery wires was too chunky and would stop the body from fitting.
Yeah the cap pack was really an afterthought, I don't even think it is needed to be honest. My Typhon 3s is an older model that doesn't have the cap pack and I haven't noticed a difference between it and the esc that came on my Senton 3s.

Yeah the cap pack was really an afterthought, I don't even think it is needed to be honest. My Typhon 3s is an older model that doesn't have the cap pack and I haven't noticed a difference between it and the esc that came on my Senton 3s.
Just another terrible decision by those hacks at Arrma ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back