MPI TOOLS SET

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Best tool set for Arrma Kraton. MIP #9502

5S 729.JPG

Those are pretty much the best drivers you can get in that size. Tips are not replaceable as far as I know.

If you don't have a nice set of drivers, get yourself one. You can thank me later...

Not replaceable but from what I understand, MIP will regrind a tip for you should you break it or wear it down to a nub but there is a point where they can grind no more and have to replace it, for a fee. I have the set pictured above plus a 3mm driver and they are the best dang drivers... in the world. They are the only drivers that will ever touch my pinion gear set screws until the end of time. I bought a set of 3 drill drivers too.

If you strip a hex screw with one of these, it's all on you buddy. ;)

My best friend is getting his first RC car for X-mas so I got him the 3 piece metric set.

Seems pricey for only three drivers. Must be top shelf stuff.

Very top shelf. I only have 2 so far - 1.5 and 2.5 (ball) - both are the bits for a electric screw driver. This is the only hex tool I have ever owned that the hex corners feel like knife blades. After my first kit build with the 1.5, it still feels "sharp".

I just used mine for the first time last night. Beyond my expectations. Strength and precision are the best words I can use.

Don't overlook the black part of the handle on these. Once your fastener is loose you can quickly spin the driver with this section between your index finger and thumb.

These look really nice. Love the look and handle, and look very well made. Shafts look a little short though, prefer slightly longer myself.

Can't justify the price myself really when you can get PB Swiss which are the same if not better quality for half the price - lifetime warranty, individually serial numbered and Swiss made precision/attention to detail.

Each to their own though. Really just comparing Ferrari with Lambo - both great cars, but just personal preference which you go with.

http://www.shop.pbtools.us/PB-8205-Hex-Key-Screwdrivers_c95.htm

These look really nice. Love the look and handle, and look very well made. Shafts look a little short though, prefer slightly longer myself.

Can't justify the price myself really when you can get PB Swiss which are the same if not better quality for half the price - lifetime warranty, individually serial numbered and Swiss made precision/attention to detail.

Each to their own though. Really just comparing Ferrari with Lambo - both great cars, but just personal preference which you go with.

Those PB Swiss tools do look really nice. I would love to try a set of them. It's just too bad that they don't make the hex 1/4" power bits in the longs and they only make them in the shorts.

Those PB Swiss tools do look really nice. I would love to try a set of them. It's just too bad that they don't make the hex 1/4" power bits in the longs and they only make them in the shorts.

Exactly what I was going to say. My MIP work n a handle and in the electric drivers. and are long enough so the electric driver doesn't get in the way.

Exactly what I was going to say. My MIP work n a handle and in the electric drivers. and are long enough so the electric driver doesn't get in the way.
The reason that I probably won't be going with MIP for my power tips is that I can't get 4.0mm and 5.0mm from them. That is why I would love to try these PB Swiss ones, but they don't make them in longs.

I can see that, but I only ever have trouble with the small ones. I know I have regular hex keys that will handle the larger size screws. I would like complete matching sets, but since I am building a tool set just for the RC cars, I can handle some mix matching here and there.

I can see that, but I only ever have trouble with the small ones. I know I have regular hex keys that will handle the larger size screws. I would like complete matching sets, but since I am building a tool set just for the RC cars, I can handle some mix matching here and there.
I still am thinking about getting the MIP set and then whatever I can find for 4.0 and 5.0mm ones as that large of screw/bolt I have never stripped out. So the quality on the larger ones isn't as important. Would be nice to have a complete matching set though.

I'm trying to order some PB Swiss tools from their US website and I originally had items in my cart and went to go checkout. I then added some other tools and went to go check out and now I cannot get the checkout to include all of the tools that I added. I tried clearing my cart and adding again, closing the internet browser and nothing seems to work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back