Limitless Mr.Duke’s Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Let the fun being 😀
FB9391C0-8D1E-4CF9-8519-DC6C4A029A59.jpeg
A5CE5E90-0B6C-45D8-BD32-40A5C51B99AF.jpeg
03401989-884A-4501-91A2-E2F7D92ECF50.jpeg

Ran into my first issue out of the box.

Rear driveshaft is bowed/bent to the point where I don’t feel comfortable trying to thrash all evening to get some runs in tomorrow.
I bought the v2 Infraction high speed support bearing hoping to not have this issue but the rear driveshaft is already making contact with the bearings and rocking the support piece back n forth with each revolution.
Excellent! Any goals for this build or is that hush-hush?
The Typhon I’ve been running will be my 127mph 6s car and the Limitless will be my 140+mph 8s car.

MMX8S ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv motor
S3 GRPs
New CNHL 4s 6000mah 70c lipos should be arriving Monday or Tuesday.

Was going to throw my CNHL 6s 5000mah 70c pack in to make some initial shakedown runs and make sure the alignment and suspension were dialed in tomorrow, but I’ll wait until I have a better rear driveshaft setup.

Last edited:
Nah.
New spool and driveshafts should be here on Thursday.

Made a lot of progress today.
View attachment 143402

If you won't throw it away, I may have to start getting out more often than once every other weekend if I have any chance of catching up!

Nah.
New spool and driveshafts should be here on Thursday.

Made a lot of progress today.
View attachment 143402
DUKE, Glad you got the spool, as that was the weak spot. And that bearing hotfix, by Arrma? They just still want you to buy Arrma parts. Lose the bearing. If the shafts are built right, you don't need more friction from a couple of steel bearings.

Went over the entire car today and got the suspension, alignment, and all of the electronics setup the way I want it.

waiting on parts and fresh lipos to show up in the mailbox while I tidy up some of the wiring, find a home for the gps and mount the on/off switch.
9A142443-1140-40D1-AC8C-7A6EF71D4A09.jpeg
3758E556-9929-41A8-BB45-B6A20FADAA3A.jpeg
C30B2E84-0A71-4DBF-B4AC-23A73F268304.jpeg
100820C0-3AED-4794-8E27-2149B00FA10E.jpeg
B297F105-C0FE-4FB5-87A4-C8DD530D8A3A.jpeg

Went over the entire car today and got the suspension, alignment, and all of the electronics setup the way I want it.

waiting on parts and fresh lipos to show up in the mailbox while I tidy up some of the wiring, find a home for the gps and mount the on/off switch.
Mr. Duke,

I see most of us are using the Garmin Forerunner as the GPS. Well, I happened to have one too and the mounts that came with it. The standard mount can be double-stick taped to the underside of the body, Which is what I did. Us the good double-stick tape, not the cheap stuff. I good roll is about $25.

I always see people strapping the GPS to the rear of the car which doesn't really make sense to me, a non-expert. under the roof, will see no air draft problems, and fairly safe since the mounting clamps this thing on pretty tight. But if another type of GPS is owned the same idea can be applied. It just doesn't make sense strapped to the back like a cooler of beer, 1/7 scale of course. -Dave

Mr. Duke,

I see most of us are using the Garmin Forerunner as the GPS. Well, I happened to have one too and the mounts that came with it. The standard mount can be double-stick taped to the underside of the body, Which is what I did. Us the good double-stick tape, not the cheap stuff. I good roll is about $25.

I always see people strapping the GPS to the rear of the car which doesn't really make sense to me, a non-expert. under the roof, will see no air draft problems, and fairly safe since the mounting clamps this thing on pretty tight. But if another type of GPS is owned the same idea can be applied. It just doesn't make sense strapped to the back like a cooler of beer, 1/7 scale of course. -Dave
Ppl just like to access it easily without taking the body off ;)

View attachment 143567View attachment 143568View attachment 143569View attachment 143629View attachment 143631
Wondering if you plan on installing the sensor wire? Makes take offs so smooth. Also low speed turn arounds are much more manageable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back