Limitless Mr.Duke’s Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s plenty of room there. I can torque the wheel inward by hand with moderate force and still have clearance.
If for some reason it’s ever an issue I can always revise the program and cut new trays within minutes.
No disrespect was ever intended @Mr.Duke. I know you would have taken all considerations when making the design. I was just remarking of how tight the area was in my own ridiculous Notorious J way. Less angles equals smoother air flow. I'm not worthy.

No disrespect was ever intended @Mr.Duke. I know you would have taken all considerations when making the design. I was just remarking of how tight the area was in my own ridiculous Notorious J way. Less angles equals smoother air flow. I'm not worthy.

Oh quit kissing a$$ 🤣

I didn’t take any comments in a negative way. 😂

I appreciate y’all’s feedback good or bad.

B9C66F30-64CF-464B-9AF4-364637DFF0B5.jpeg

83F1C616-1A8A-40F6-978D-483DF0BDA6ED.jpeg

Why is it, that once this is up and running, I envision half way through its run, one of those shock rings like you see on a fighter jet appearing! (y)

Finished the battery trays and got the spool installed. I had to rob 2 Velcro straps from my 6s rigs while I wait on 2 new ones to come in the mail.
Very pleased with how the trays came out and the quality of the FP Pinocchio spool and driveshaft. Spins so smooth and the tolerances are absolutely perfect. Zero wobble in the driveline now, but you will have to clearance around the rear chassis brace ever so slightly to fit.
6DF3B71D-BE64-4831-B89C-119A7B19467B.jpeg

01C324C7-649A-40C4-9A37-C3B1189C06F5.jpeg

E2AA17E5-6D97-4440-88CB-CDAD6A9DB846.jpeg
B73E949A-11BA-4C1D-B1DA-72C73ED6707B.jpeg
9A6811AB-3C28-4E14-BD9F-D8D16C1AFE65.jpeg
A08FD12F-FB92-4696-8E4B-9C0FD8E627EA.jpeg

2EE1C7A5-DB2A-4098-8254-E6DE26DF0C25.jpeg

A2830342-BF42-4FF9-8444-99CF5B7B2285.jpeg
8E47D4D4-8715-46B4-BC66-7DD3EE655EF7.jpeg

Next on the list is to solder on XT150 connectors for the looks and switching out the stock droop screws for some longer smooth domes as I’ve maxed out the length on the front end

I'm a bit confused how these long spools work..🤔 surely having all that amount of shaft hanging out back with no support is just as bad as having an extra long driveshaft just like stock..!! or am I missing something ?? surely it must oscillate like crazy 🤔

I'm a bit confused how these long spools work..🤔 surely having all that amount of shaft hanging out back with no support is just as bad as having an extra long driveshaft just like stock..!! or am I missing something ?? surely it must oscillate like crazy 🤔
The custom spools have a 8mm shaft, guessing the thought is that you aren’t bending that!🤷🏻‍♂️

The custom spools have a 8mm shaft, guessing the thought is that you aren’t bending that!🤷🏻‍♂️
But the Scorched center drive shafts are 8mm, ( have them in my Infraction ) so I still don't see what the benefit of the Pinocchio shaft is 🤔

But the Scorched center drive shafts are 8mm, ( have them in my Infraction ) so I still don't see what the benefit of the Pinocchio shaft is 🤔
3 medium length shafts, instead of 2 short, and 1 really long one!

Also, the center (Pinocchio) is a fixed point(fixed withing bearings) that can only rotate. The dogbones are only held up in the air by 2 (a-sync/torsion creating) cup's. The longer the dogbone the more difficulty it has dealing with the torsion, that's what causes the wobble.

I don’t know how to really answer this without going geek mode.....

Any rotating solid shaft has what’s called a “critical speed” where the shaft will deflect at a given rpm and cause the shaft to bend away from the axial centerline in a harmful way to power transfer. The load, diameter, length, balance and stiffness of the material the shaft is made from, will ultimately determine the rpm that this critical speed takes place and we get harmful vibrations and wobble or complete shaft failure. Increasing the diameter of the shaft, stiffness or reducing its length will almost always increase the shafts rpm where this harmful deflection takes place.
By lengthening the spool, the stiffest part of the assembly, it also shortens the driveshaft at the rear which raises the rpm at which that shaft reaches critical speed.

sorry, cooking Mother’s Day breakfast and replying at the same time

*edit to add more in depth info on this topic
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_speed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotordynamics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsional_vibration

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back