Limitless Mr.Duke’s Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that regard, my TP4060 is also sensored. But as soon as i add the sensor wire it gets the smooth take off, but when it switches to sensorless-mode as the XLX2/MMX8S do, it runs terrible on mid/high rpms.
Assume this does work properly on the sensored castle motors, right?

Heck yeah. Jumping straight into the build I see. Mind if I ask your gearing on the 1717?
That’s probably going to be the one piece of the puzzle that I’ll keep quiet on.

The maiden pass will be geared soft for 1-teens just to give me some good baseline data and fine tune the suspension/alignment. I prefer to analyze the wear pattern on a brand new set of tires after 1 or 2 good full throttle passes to see what it needs and fine tune from there. Usually scuff up 2 to 3 new sets before it’s dialed in and what I consider “perfect”.
I see most of us are using the Garmin Forerunner as the GPS. Well, I happened to have one too and the mounts that came with it. The standard mount can be double-stick taped to the underside of the body, Which is what I did. Us the good double-stick tape, not the cheap stuff. I good roll is about $25.

I always see people strapping the GPS to the rear of the car which doesn't really make sense to me, a non-expert. under the roof, will see no air draft problems, and fairly safe since the mounting clamps this thing on pretty tight. But if another type of GPS is owned the same idea can be applied. It just doesn't make sense strapped to the back like a cooler of beer, 1/7 scale of course. -Dave
I started off running a Garmin Forerunner 201 and gave it away to another member here on the forum after switching to the smaller and more accurate GSM020 gps.
87D773C6-5C66-4520-8A08-2CCD7CDAE9BE.jpeg

the dual-lock type tape from 3M or Scotch work great for swapping it between cars.
Wondering if you plan on installing the sensor wire? Makes take offs so smooth. Also low speed turn arounds are much more manageable.
Not initially, but that’s why I clocked the 1717 on the motor mount the way I did. That steering post blocks the sensor port off with the motor clocked in the standard position and it would only take a few minutes to go sensored in its current orientation.

That’s probably going to be the one piece of the puzzle that I’ll keep quiet on.

The maiden pass will be geared soft for 1-teens just to give me some good baseline data and fine tune the suspension/alignment.

That's fair.

I'm finally feeling confident enough in my setup to start playing with gearing. I've got about 18 passes on the car, and wear patterns are looking good, aero seems dialed in. Managed to pull six passes with an ES of 1mph yesterday. FWIW "stock" drive gearing on gp5 diffs pulls mid 1-teens with the hobbywing 1650 KV system. Obviously not the same animal, but might at least be a good starting point.

Lipos have arrived.
9EA01678-408B-490F-8840-DD9EB2B8AB2D.jpeg

Now that I have them in hand, I can start working on dual custom aluminum battery trays specifically for these.
As generous as the stock tray dimensions are, these low center of gravity pancake style lipos don’t come close to fitting inside the stock trays.
EC3BDC78-3B74-4C6E-B64D-BEC8C75BA2FE.jpeg

I knew they wouldn’t fit when I bought them but, looking down the road to future plans to run the 1100kv 2028 motor, these lipos stack perfectly on one side together. While I’m in the fab shop I may go ahead and make a twin fan mount for the 1717 and incorporate a plate to mount the gps to.

Lipos have arrived.
View attachment 143720
Now that I have them in hand, I can start working on dual custom aluminum battery trays specifically for these.
As generous as the stock tray dimensions are, these low center of gravity pancake style lipos don’t come close to fitting inside the stock trays.
View attachment 143721
I knew they wouldn’t fit when I bought them but, looking down the road to future plans to run the 1100kv 2028 motor, these lipos stack perfectly on one side together. While I’m in the fab shop I may go ahead and make a twin fan mount for the 1717 and incorporate a plate to mount the gps to.
Make two sets 😉😉

We may be starting with different 1650kv setups now, but we are both working towards the same end goal 🤔 it may ultimately come down to who is the better driver, and I think we all know the answer already. It's Phil.

I’m not competing against anyone other than myself on this adventure.

1) Chase a number

2) Gain knowledge and valuable data

3) Make changes

4) Achieve goal

5) Chase a higher number

6) Repeat steps 2 through 5 util out of money, no more cars to crash, divorced or dead. 😎👍

I’m not competing against anyone other than myself on this adventure.

1) Chase a number

2) Gain knowledge and valuable data

3) Make changes

4) Achieve goal

5) Chase a higher number

6) Repeat steps 2 through 5 util out of money, no more cars to crash, divorced or dead. 😎👍
I hope you have a long and promising life ahead of you @Mr.Duke !

Ppl just like to access it easily without taking the body off ;)
That, in lawyer's terms, is called "plausible denial". I have seen many R/C videos and you are correct in that the first thing they do after a run, is look at the tail to check the speed. But, funny, I can't recall a time that I saw someone check for speed and then not pull the body off next.

Just messing with ya buddy, Dave

That, in lawyer's terms, is called "plausible denial". I have seen many R/C videos and you are correct in that the first thing they do after a run, is look at the tail to check the speed. But, funny, I can't recall a time that I saw someone check for speed and then not pull the body off next.

Just messing with ya buddy, Dave
I think the term "instant gratification" applies here. Something more common at younger generations ;)

I think the term "instant gratification" applies here. Something more common at younger generations ;)
Well, the fact is that I'm 60 and still a hippie. Imagine that? Missed the sixties by a couple but I caught most of the madness, especially growing up in the New York area.
You know, up there, we really kill people.

But your term applies too. I need a bump every so often. :cool:

-Peace

I agree.
Yea, he could dremel away 1/4" and have plenty of room.
It is close, but I don't necessarily see it needing to be farther away. If there is enough wiggle in the rear axle/carrier that the wheel will contact it, there are larger problems.

There’s plenty of room there. I can torque the wheel inward by hand with moderate force and still have clearance.
If for some reason it’s ever an issue I can always revise the program and cut new trays within minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back