MTKraton BuildBreakReBuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTK4355

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Happy Mail Day.
20191026_171930.jpg

More on the (re)build status later tonight,
I just figured this was as good a place as any to start.

OK. Well I obviously did not get to follow up on this the other day as intended. Sorry for the delay!
VideoCapture_20191014-144253.jpg

Here goes:
First, I have to say I am floored by how tough this machine is. It is so fast and powerful and solid that it doesn't even feel like the same activity as driving another popular brand of RC car that shall remain nameless. Sort of like Call of Duty and Rainbow 6 are both competitive First Person Shooters but not at all similar in experience.
20191017_191838 (2).jpg
20191013_232147.jpg

I put this thing through more in the first day than my Revo could get through in weeks with multiple repairs.. I went about a week in with my only changes being a new radio and new wheels. While I was waiting for the inevitable first break, I stockpiled some upgrades and tried to pretend they weren't sitting there waiting to be installed. I caved and put them in a few days later.
20191018_232047.jpg

20191019_024456 (1).jpg
20191020_172434.jpg

That break did come, but it took a hell of a crash to do significant damage. I found out that the controllers used to fly DJI drones seem to cause major interference if it gets between your car and transmitter. Lost all control and accelerated straight into a concrete piling at 100% throttle. The damage was definitely significant....it meant that I got to install the remaining upgrades I had on hand so at least there was some consolation.
20191024_213628.jpg

This prompted another round of parts on order, some of which you saw in my first pic in this thread. I ran out of time but I'll leave you with a few pics of current status and circle back with a full parts list. I also have some cool video to share from my first few weeks but it needs some pruning to be worth posting. Lots of learning going on but it isn't all that fun to watch. lol.
20191030_040130.jpg
20191030_040313.jpg
20191030_040756.jpg

Here's my list of upgrades so far:
HR chassis brace (front)
HR chassis brace (rear)
HR Servo mount
HR Servo horn
HR Stainless Skid plates (damaged quickly
M2C front skid plate
M2C rear skid plate
M2C chassis
M2C front shock tower
M2C rear shock tower
M2C standoffs
M2C shock cap bushings
M2C tool steel hinge pins x4
RPM a-arms top/bottom front/ back
RPM rear arm mud guards
TBR front bumper
TBR rear bumper
Generic all metal 25kg servo
Fast Eddy Sealed Bearing Kit
Powerhobby Scorpion belted tires (and back to stock tires, oh well)
(Replacement stock front diff)
(Replacement stock bellcrank assy)

I think I nuked my upgrades budget.. lol.

Still haven't made time to get any content ready to share because the weather has been too good. All my free time had been devoted to getting this thing back to bash-worthy and enjoying the (much more difficult now) process of attempting to undo the same work. :)
15728474532738268142225259343676.jpg

15728474969625347041581429057385.jpg

Attachments

• 15728475477682428071313424104791.jpg
    15728475477682428071313424104791.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 54
One question guys... how much would it cost to rebuild a kraton from spare parts? for example ... I am going to upgrade my Kraton with a lot of Just bash it parts so all the parts that i will take out like ( chassis , baces etc... waiting the shipment) could be reused.. with an other engine, and servo and arms and suspension... how much would cost it?

One question guys... how much would it cost to rebuild a kraton from spare parts? for example ... I am going to upgrade my Kraton with a lot of Just bash it parts so all the parts that i will take out like ( chassis , baces etc... waiting the shipment) could be reused.. with an other engine, and servo and arms and suspension... how much would cost it?
Go to https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-kraton-v4 where you can put what you need into the cart, and just add it up. If you're not aware, they are a kit breaker, so all parts are new, but sold in groups or already assembled.

thanks not... but I thought to buy all used parts from guys that upgraded their kraton with cooler parts...so they would sell these parts as used ...

thanks not... but I thought to buy all used parts from guys that upgraded their kraton with cooler parts...so they would sell these parts as used ...
I upgraded my Notorious, but never sold the parts I took off. Except for the stock chassis and chassis braces, the rest of the parts are kept as spares.

looks like every single part m2c sells. lol
Not quite! I just ordered the last of it though. Shock seals, shock tower brace, steering arm and ball joint bushings will leave me missing only the front and rear chassis supports.. I had already ordered the Hot Racing Chassis Supports before I received the beastly chassis that convinced me to go all in on M2C.

I wanna see the video of you throwing your rig off a skyscraper in order to inflict this damage ????
Hahaha! Yeah, I could hardly believe it. I have video of me beating the crap out of it all day before this happened but I had already stopped filming and was headed back to the car when I did this. That'll teach me to turn the camera off!

No skyscraper! Whole thing happened without going over 5-6" away from the ground! I had the Kraton running at full tilt toward the street where I was parked and as I went over the sidewalk on my way into the road I caught a random rock with a weird bounce that flung the rear end up and over. The way I caromed off of the rock means I had flipped forward a 1/2 turn without slowing down even a little so when the shock tower bit asphalt it had the entire mass of the car levering on it at 50mph.... :'(

Hahaha! Yeah, I could hardly believe it. I have video of me beating the crap out of it all day before this happened but I had already stopped filming and was headed back to the car when I did this. That'll teach me to turn the camera off!

No skyscraper! Whole thing happened without going over 5-6" away from the ground! I had the Kraton running at full tilt toward the street where I was parked and as I went over the sidewalk on my way into the road I caught a random rock with a weird bounce that flung the rear end up and over. The way I caromed off of the rock means I had flipped forward a 1/2 turn without slowing down even a little so when the shock tower bit asphalt it had the entire mass of the car levering on it at 50mph.... :'(
Well buy a lottery ticket man cuz you’re special. First person to break an M2C product that I know of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back