MTKraton BuildBreakReBuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Johnny! ???
What? It was just a little bend. Buffed right out. I'll say it again, and every manufacturer can take notice, "nothing is Notorious J proof". Just wish I could get on the product testing program like Eric and Rich. Then the manufacturers would get real results from those who "can't" drive properly, and the data would be more realistic. Bulletproof is good, Notorious J proof would be better.

So, I'm guessing there's no fixing this thing is there? If it were just the broken tip I'd consider trying to weld it back on but I noticed once I pulled it off that it's got a couple fractures down the center that warped the whole thing.
20191117_222449.jpg
20191117_222244.jpg

20191117_201332_1.gif

Trying to decide if I should replace it or try the 8mm one from Just Bash It.

You don't want the 8mm ones, they're 6061 aluminum and will bend much faster. Just ask @Notorious J.

Thanks!

I'm gathering that M2C is the best stuff out there.

As it happens, they're splitting the cost of the replacement, so I'd be giving it another go regardless!

Very cool of him to do that, by the way. I bought the thing with no expectation of warranty and then beat the ever-living snot out of it. Lol.

Looks like I'm going to be occupying a bench for a while this time. Glad I tore her down in the garage.
20191118_102705.jpg

Anybody know of another good source for stock replacements? Need the differential housing that tower sat on and jennyrc has been out of stock on most Kraton stuff for a while. I'm hesitant to throw an aluminum one on there but that's what would have me running again the soonest, as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

I'm gathering that M2C is the best stuff out there.

As it happens, they're splitting the cost of the replacement, so I'd be giving it another go regardless!

Very cool of him to do that, by the way. I bought the thing with no expectation of warranty and then beat the ever-living snot out of it. Lol.

Looks like I'm going to be occupying a bench for a while this time. Glad I tore her down in the garage.
View attachment 54241
Anybody know of another good source for stock replacements? Need the differential housing that tower sat on and jennyrc has been out of stock on most Kraton stuff for a while. I'm hesitant to throw an aluminum one on there but that's what would have me running again the soonest, as far as I can tell.
The hr housing is very nice ?

The hr housing is very nice ?

Thank you Sir, HR diff case now on order!

Taking advantage of the shipping downtime, this should be the most thorough rebuild yet! I'll be swapping out most of the heavily abused stock plastics, replacing both TBR bumpers (painlessly replaced under warranty as you guys said) popping in the M2C steering arm I've had waiting for a convenient time to install, and replacing any screw I have to remove with a stainless one.

Also just recently received some stuff in the mail from Just Bash It that will be going on as part of this rebuild:

17mm Wheel Nuts (Dees new nuts are so sweet.. Wayyy easier to install/remove than the dinky stock nuts)
Arrma V4 6s Aluminum Rear & Center Brace Support (a little overpriced imo but a nice hefty chunk of aluminum anyway)
Arrma 6s Aluminum Wing Support/Brace Stop (Not even sure how this bit is intended to be installed, anyone else have this one?)

If I wind up with any extra time on my hands I will be looking for a clever way to mount a twin motor server fan to boost esc cooling and an LED Lightbar that won't be demolished with the first send..

Believe it or not, that's what I just broke.

Guess I'm asking if it's the best that's out there or if there's another contender I should try to break.
Mitch wrote to me after I sent him that pic. I was able to straighten it out, and that's exactly what he intended. They are made of stainless steel, not aluminum. Here"s his note:
"That's one reason I used the softer stainless steel. It can be straightened without the issue of breakage.
We all know that nothing is bullit proof on RC cars. but these standoffs surely take a beating and don't end your day of bashing if the do bend."
mitch
M2C RACING

Thank you Sir, HR diff case now on order!

Taking advantage of the shipping downtime, this should be the most thorough rebuild yet! I'll be swapping out most of the heavily abused stock plastics, replacing both TBR bumpers (painlessly replaced under warranty as you guys said) popping in the M2C steering arm I've had waiting for a convenient time to install, and replacing any screw I have to remove with a stainless one.

Also just recently received some stuff in the mail from Just Bash It that will be going on as part of this rebuild:

17mm Wheel Nuts (Dees new nuts are so sweet.. Wayyy easier to install/remove than the dinky stock nuts)
Arrma V4 6s Aluminum Rear & Center Brace Support (a little overpriced imo but a nice hefty chunk of aluminum anyway)
Arrma 6s Aluminum Wing Support/Brace Stop (Not even sure how this bit is intended to be installed, anyone else have this one?)

If I wind up with any extra time on my hands I will be looking for a clever way to mount a twin motor server fan to boost esc cooling and an LED Lightbar that won't be demolished with the first send..
You're very welcome ?did you order both diff pieces as well as the swaybar holding plate? As far as the aluminum wing mount... Remember you want some give/ flex?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back