Senton Mud guards / dust cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trob

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello every one new to the forum.

I have a Arrma senton 3s BLX which I’m really enjoying. I have a few upgrades on the way, body/wheels.

mostly using this beast on my local fields and it’s just gets caked in mud, I have no issue cleaning the internals out but it just hoovers up rocks etc and they just bounce off the electronics, I’ve seen a few people talk about the dusty motors dust cover, but can’t seem to find one for the 3s. Has any one made wheel arches/mud guards etc to limit the amount of mess.

trob.

Before I sold my 3s senton I had a dust cover from Amazon that fit pretty well. The description said it was made for the E-Revo 2.0 but one of the reviews said it fit the 4s Kraton perfectly which is the same chassis as the senton so that's why I ended up trying it. I had to cut a couple small holes in the mesh in order to still mount the nerf bars but that's it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNPG9BV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cVv8EbHPHPSHQ
20200403_000857.jpg

Before I sold my 3s senton I had a dust cover from Amazon that fit pretty well. The description said it was made for the E-Revo 2.0 but one of the reviews said it fit the 4s Kraton perfectly which is the same chassis as the senton so that's why I ended up trying it. I had to cut a couple small holes in the mesh in order to still mount the nerf bars but that's it.

View attachment 86761
Superstar I will have a look ?

You can get a box of 100 for $10-20.

Attachments

• 3CE5AF75-3EA3-4D88-B834-C85DA564DC9E.png
    3CE5AF75-3EA3-4D88-B834-C85DA564DC9E.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 128

View attachment 86761
Seriously thinking about ordering this dust cover. Does it still have the raised guards underneath the cover at the front wheels? its hard to see in the pics. thanks for posting this info
You can get a box of 100 for $10-20.
This has really got me wondering how well these work. Are these hairnets? Is using these really a thing?

Seriously thinking about ordering this dust cover. Does it still have the raised guards underneath the cover at the front wheels? its hard to see in the pics. thanks for posting this info

This has really got me wondering how well these work. Are these hairnets? Is using these really a thing?
The actual name of them is “bouffant cap” and they’re meant for blocking hair, dust, dandruff etc. So I think they’d work just as well if not better than overpriced “rc brand” dust covers and I’m sure someone has thought of or used them at one time. I even found a cheaper kind that’s under $5cad for a box of 100.

Attachments

• FCC953C5-C856-4277-97A4-B4F057C64EB9.jpeg
    FCC953C5-C856-4277-97A4-B4F057C64EB9.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 75

Those pics didn't have them on because they no longer were needed, but I did have them on previously. They just made the zippers a little less annoying with them off.

Ordered the same cover from Amazon on Saturday and just received it today. Install is pretty easy, just need to make a little cut to install the side bar. Initially I wasn't going to use the side bar, but after seeing "suchtragedy" pictures, I decided to install it. The side bar actually make the cover sits more secure than not using it. Here are some pictures:
20200706_155424.jpg
20200706_155437.jpg

View attachment 86761
Does the cover make the ESC and motor overheat? I just installed it today and haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I am mostly only using 2s lipo.

I ran my Senton 3S on a recently-mowed play field over the weekend. It was my second time running the truck, which I just got last week. I have now ordered that Raiden Racing dust cover so that I hopefully don't have to try to unclog grass clippings from my ESC fan again anytime soon...

Here's the US Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNPG9BV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The #1 thing about the 4x4s that makes me insane is how much crap gets thrown into the chassis coming off the front wheels. I did what you did basically with a 4x4 slash and immediately bought a dust bag. We opened our 4x4 blx senton earlier this week and my son and I agreed to not drive it anywhere dirty until the dust bag comes in. The dust cover on the slash was a game changer. The other thing that I came to realize is that the dust covers like the one we ordered for the sentons (which is same brand and material as what om using on slash) is really really water repellent. We were our bashing around after some heavy rainfall running through fairly large puddles etc. I was worried about my cooling fans on the esc and motor but when I took off the body to look after about 30 mins of driving, the interior chassis area under the cover was 95% dry. It seems the water just sort of beads off it. Qas super happy to see that too.

I ran my Senton 3S on a recently-mowed play field over the weekend. It was my second time running the truck, which I just got last week. I have now ordered that Raiden Racing dust cover so that I hopefully don't have to try to unclog grass clippings from my ESC fan again anytime soon...

Here's the US Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNPG9BV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thats what I bought. It helps tremendously in keeping the chassis tray clean.
The #1 thing about the 4x4s that makes me insane is how much crap gets thrown into the chassis coming off the front wheels. I did what you did basically with a 4x4 slash and immediately bought a dust bag. We opened our 4x4 blx senton earlier this week and my son and I agreed to not drive it anywhere dirty until the dust bag comes in. The dust cover on the slash was a game changer. The other thing that I came to realize is that the dust covers like the one we ordered for the sentons (which is same brand and material as what om using on slash) is really really water repellent. We were our bashing around after some heavy rainfall running through fairly large puddles etc. I was worried about my cooling fans on the esc and motor but when I took off the body to look after about 30 mins of driving, the interior chassis area under the cover was 95% dry. It seems the water just sort of beads off it. Qas super happy to see that too.
Yea the senton is like a vacuum cleaner for all the dirt and grass lol. I have the typhon mega and it doesn't get dirty as my senton while playing on the same terrain.
Today I cut vent holes on my senton body and it helps with the vacuuming effect. I also plasti dip it.
20200707_193743.jpg

Last edited:
I had read that it might keep heat inside and act as
Thats what I bought. It helps tremendously in keeping the chassis tray clean.

Yea the senton is like a vacuum cleaner for all the dirt and grass lol. I have the typhon mega and it doesn't get dirty as my senton while playing on the same terrain.
I saw that it also acts as a container for heat, if I recall the video showed the heat difference between ambient temperature and inside the bag. I'm sure it only matters if you are running on a hot day, but still wonder if this is an issue. I think I'm forced to try it out since I'm experiencing the same as others with a huge amount of dirt collecting in the chassis. I'm tempted to design something different but not sure where to start. Maybe it's a half bag for the front only or vents near the rear.

I had read that it might keep heat inside and act as

I saw that it also acts as a container for heat, if I recall the video showed the heat difference between ambient temperature and inside the bag. I'm sure it only matters if you are running on a hot day, but still wonder if this is an issue. I think I'm forced to try it out since I'm experiencing the same as others with a huge amount of dirt collecting in the chassis. I'm tempted to design something different but not sure where to start. Maybe it's a half bag for the front only or vents near the rear.
Installing a motor fan helps I guess. You can also use a mesh like fabric like pantyhose, mosquito net or those tutu fabric as a cover. ??

Installing a motor fan helps I guess. You can also use a mesh like fabric like pantyhose, mosquito net or those tutu fabric as a cover. ??
Yep, a motor fan would solve the heat issue. I like the idea of different fabrics, researching now. I'm designing my own and I'll post once I have the first prototype. Or, I'll simply pay the $25 and be done with it. :)

I have a Arrma senton 3s BLX which I’m really enjoying. I have a few upgrades on the way, body/wheels.

mostly using this beast on my local fields and it’s just gets caked in mud, I have no issue cleaning the internals out but it just hoovers up rocks etc and they just bounce off the electronics, I’ve seen a few people talk about the dusty motors dust cover, but can’t seem to find one for the 3s. Has any one made wheel arches/mud guards etc to limit the amount of mess.

trob.
Dusty motors

trob.
Dusty motors I have 2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back