Mud guards for Typhon v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
made my own from 1/16" nylon sheet

Attachments

• DSCF0640.JPG
    DSCF0640.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 93
I hit that area with a hose when I'm done bashing. I just don't like the look of the guards and you have to clean them anyway :)

The MORE dirt mud and debris hitting the drive shaft dog bone & cvd FASTER THEY WEAR OUT !!
keep the entirety of the lower a arms and drives from getting a direct hit from the roost from front tires is IMO a VERY SMART way to reduce your Cost as well Time in maintaining your vehicle.

As to WASHING .... say GOOD BYE to a set of wheel bearings every time you do !

Lets see ...
8 jacked up wheel bearings = $8
2 center diff bearings = $2
8 differential bearings = $8
4 Steering post bearings = $4

AND A WHOLE LOT OF LABOR ! because you were worried about dirt and mud deciding to take a hose to your rig and wash it.

Now it one runs and runs some more and in knowing it's time to do a full tear down and service ... sure wash it !
But too make the argument of i don't need rear a-arm debris deflectors because i'll just wash it and there only a Buck each ... that is just a very weak argument.

Just sayin .... do as you wish beings it's your money & time

The MORE dirt mud and debris hitting the drive shaft dog bone & cvd FASTER THEY WEAR OUT !!
keep the entirety of the lower a arms and drives from getting a direct hit from the roost from front tires is IMO a VERY SMART way to reduce your Cost as well Time in maintaining your vehicle.

As to WASHING .... say GOOD BYE to a set of wheel bearings every time you do !
I have not once lost a set of rubber sealed bearings doing this, the stock metal shielded bearings oh yeah tons.

No biggie. They are only $1 each @ Avid. :)

https://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearings/

Yeah, I've never had to replace my bearings after a hosing.
Lets see ...
8 jacked up wheel bearings = $8
2 center diff bearings = $2
8 differential bearings = $8
4 Steering post bearings = $4

AND A WHOLE LOT OF LABOR ! because you were worried about dirt and mud deciding to take a hose to your rig and wash it.

Now it one runs and runs some more and in knowing it's time to do a full tear down and service ... sure wash it !
But too make the argument of i don't need rear a-arm debris deflectors because i'll just wash it and there only a Buck each ... that is just a very weak argument.

Just sayin .... do as you wish beings it's your money & time

Riiiight, lol

You must be reading this different then ? I read No guard & wash ... lol

He said he doesn't like how they look, which is a personal opinion. He's also completely right, you do still have to clean them, specially when coming home from a heavy bashing outing in a dirt/mud area or a clay or dirt track environment where they wet down the track between runs and that stuff cakes right on. (Air compressors don't do the job at all).

So again, his stating personal preference of how they look is a far cry from "arguing" with you or telling you "you don't need them." I guess you just read it wrong. Also I'm done debating with you as well now as it's just silly at this point.

Well getting it done slowly this what I'm gonna use only cost four bucks but he'll I can make at least three sets

Attachments

• 15444819050068234989345989708345.jpg
    15444819050068234989345989708345.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 52
I like em because they keep grass clippings from wrapping around my dog bones like a million times. let us know how that lexan works out. havnt tried that yet.

That's the whole reason I did it and all other reasons but will let u guys know how it works and durability well does say virtually unbreakable we shall see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back