Mojave Mud guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidmarkus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Just recently purchased a mojave. I've been itching for one almost 6 months now. It was consuming me lol. Anyway its my first truck bigger than 1/10 scale. Im loving it. I need to find a way to stop so much snow from getting into the chassis at the moment though. its not that i don't want snow and water in there to protect the electronics, ive had 12+ years of luck washing my trucks with a garden hose and have never had any issue with electronics. The issue that i am having is that i live in eastern canada and the snow is very wet and packy by the coast. The mojave allready weights so much that when the chassis fills with this heavy snow, it runs basically bottomed out. You go to lift the truck and it feels like its 40 lbs. I need to find a way for next winter to stop all the snow from getting into this tub chassis, im sure ill face the same issue when i take it mudding. I have also read on here the review of the tbone mud guards and have they are apparently garbage. Is there anything out there designed to extend the entire chassis tub right up to match up with the body, or anything that can help with my problem?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have the TBone guards and they're ok for keeping out rocks and bigger stuff but that's about it. @Mr.Duke suggested a mod to cover the space between the nerf bars on the side to help improve the design.
Yesterday I received a xxxl Dusty Motors "net" thing but haven't installed yet. I plan to run both.
I don't get any snow where I live so can't comment on how effective this combination would be.
Those are the only two things I know of to help keep stuff out. Others have done these mods here and should be able to offer insite soon.

Tbone is as good as it gets. I would not say its garbage. If you added some more panels underneath the Tbone guards it may be more functional IMO. One member felt it should have been the be all end all to solve dirt and grass/mud form trashing the chassis. He was pretty disappointed. Its not 100%. Nor is any mud guard going to be. It will help for sure. Closed SC type bodies will ALWAYS collect crap.
Nature of the beast that it is. I have a SC rig. It once collected so much mud it came to a crawl and fried the ESC from the heavy weight. I get it. My only closed body off road rig. I rarely drive it in the dirt. I hardly drive it at all. Don't like to be a slave to cleaning my RC's every 5 min while bashing. Its not a street ride, but that's all I use it for. You can trying modding inner wheel wells to attach to the body's inner wheel wells. Like Crawler guys do. I think that would be more functional for your intended purpose.
I don't hose my rigs down. Not that I never have, just not my practice as of late. I don't mind snow and all for my Crawlers (snow is fun)with my inner fenders, just not my fast bashers. Been there. BLX Motors are not water proof as most think. ESC and Servos can be, but not always 100% WP or WR. Water ruined much of mine. Even grass dew fried my supposedly WP ESC in my Kraton 6s rig
We all drive and bash different. Been doing this for 30+ years. Others may chime in hopefully with their ideas. Good luck. :cool:
Welcome to AF. (y)

I will try to fab something up myself when i am home from carbon. If i can make it work well ill post pics.

Water ruined much of mine.
Yeah. Water wrecked my BLX 100 ESC in my Big Rock and it wasn't even plugged in. The chassis was absolutely CAKED bad with mud and grime so I "rinsed it down" in the bath tub. Last time I'll ever do that to any of my RCs. Clearly water proof doesn't mean water proof. The first and last time I ever intentionally douse my chassis with water. Horizon still took care of me though, obviously!

Yeah. Water wrecked my BLX 100 ESC in my Big Rock and it wasn't even plugged in. The chassis was absolutely CAKED bad with mud and grime so I "rinsed it down" in the bath tub. Last time I'll ever do that to any of my RCs. Clearly water proof doesn't mean water proof. The first and last time I ever intentionally douse my chassis with water. Horizon still took care of me though, obviously!
These are not meant to be submarines.:p

Unless you want a squeaky clean shelf queen.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I am confused, was the battery still in the car? I've been manufacturing computer chips aka wafers or PCB for years and unless there is power to the board you wouldn't damage it even if you washed it in the dishwasher. Matter of fact that is one of the final stages of the manufacturing process to remove the chemicals from the previous baths or soldering wave.

Your biggest problem with water should be rust not electrical but did I miss something?
Must have been after you "dried" it you missed some before plugging it back in? I dunno sorry to hear that it fired. Horizon has always been great for me to deal with as well just don't feel like passing information that isn't really accurate. Your PC could even get wet as long as no water is present when power is restored it is fine to wash it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back