Muh build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wenander

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So its about to begin. Big teardown and rebuild. New front diffhousing, after brutal head-on flight to a lamppost haha. All bearings switch to rubbers. New servo. tower tower brace, but this is were it grinds to a halt... My local shop who has 15x15mm alu square pipe is all out, and no new even though they said 16jan at first. I can get one from the same dealer but one hour away, and they wont send it, they just wont do it. Any tips for what i could use instead?

The Home depot has it the cheapest. Round tube appears weaker that square tube. Round can twist and bend easier. Some who experimented with round stated this. One Inch is the beefiest that will fit. This size fits best like Bicketybam said above. The only manfr. upgrade tower to tower by a vendor appears from Tbone. I feel it may be lighter but not necessarily stronger. Some have used Tbone's design and created theirs. Square alum. tube is easier to work with if you want to save money, have the simple tools needed and enjoy fabricating parts. Using a Tower to tower brace will prevent tweaking the chassis and prevent body hole damage, but will transfer impact energy to the rear shock tower. Which is a known weak OE part because it is stamped, not hardened and machined, like the upgrades that are available. In general the rear tower will even bend without a brace out of the box if you are a hard driver landing on your lid most of the time. So perhaps its a moot point?

Last edited:
For the price of upgraded shock towers and a homeade T2T you can get the Markhor top plate. This won't stress your towers and it looks sharp. It will make routine maintenance a pain though, as you have to remove it for just about anything.

For the price of upgraded shock towers and a homeade T2T you can get the Markhor top plate. This won't stress your towers and it looks sharp. It will make routine maintenance a pain though, as you have to remove it for just about anything.
I haven't looked since Monday, but the last time I checked, that top plate wasn't showing on the Amped website. You think this will still be necessary with that M2C chassis?

I haven't looked since Monday, but the last time I checked, that top plate wasn't showing on the Amped website. You think this will still be necessary with that M2C chassis?
Just checked again, it's there.

No. I'm removing it when I transfer everything to the M2C.

M2C may have a brace in the works. I asked if they had any other plans for 6s Arrmas and was told a motor mount and some kind of tower brace that supports the bulkhead tower connection and ties the towers together. Who knows when they will get it done. I plan to wait and see. Looking at their other parts for Tekno, Mugen it will be worth it.

Well yeah but... Our nation has a taxation fixation.. And our customs aren’t very fun to deal with ether

Oh, I completely understand. I'm in Canada and the pain my customs often causes me, is agonizing. But if I really need something, US sellers always seem to have it. Grin and bare it they say.

so a little update...my kraton is disassembled and waiting for the m2c chassie. maybe could arrive today...it´s been held hostage by the customs for 10 days, thats when i payed the import taxes, monday last week. all diffs are gone trough and some rubbersealed bearings put in the hubs. new servo is going to be mounted. alu braces and alu brackets for a-arm pins front and rear. i did get a dusty motors shroudcover...anyone had problems with overheating with original gearing and motor/esc ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back