Musical preferences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Baby... She sits in the garage most of the time. Need to give her some TLC when the weather breaks.
Chevelle.jpg

Very cool!!! I love finding new bands and music to listen to. You mentioned progressive rock...... have you listened to any Dream Theater. They all grew up on Long Island. My buddy was good friends with those guys growing up!
Funny you mentioned Dream Theater. These two had a gig together...

How about some Winger along with some EYE CANDY?

Who here remembers seeing this video on MTV when MTV actually played videos 24/7?

Last edited:
I just heard the new DM Album, Spirit.
Well, I think I have to get used to it....
I've been listening to this one lately and it only took me 3 spins to really like it. This came out in 2016 and I just found it.

LOVE me some Winger!
Katatonia is pretty badass, too! Thanks!
Thanks Fahd! I've been listening to a lot of Katatonia lately since the release of this new CD last year. I hate the radio so new stuff appeals to me a lot.

Thanks Fahd! I've been listening to a lot of Katatonia lately since the release of this new CD last year. I hate the radio so new stuff appeals to me a lot.
I also hate the radio and mainstream music in general. Once bands I enjoy go mainstream, I tend to dislike them afterward, too.

I also hate the radio and mainstream music in general. Once bands I enjoy go mainstream, I tend to dislike them afterward, too.
Same here Fahd, I just heard enough of the top 20 to make me sick, so I troll YouTube and Internet radio for new stuff. A lot of what I like doesn't even get airplay!! At least not in the U.S.

I grew up in the 80's but with older brothers 70's influence. When push comes to shove, Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. But I can go all over, from Boston, Styx, Beatles, to Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC. Recently discovered this band called Volbeat on YouTube. don't know much about them other than they are from Denmark, and they sound pretty dam cool.

There's also a bit of Parrothead in me. Love the Buffet/ Zak brown/ reggae out in the backyard in summertime.

Back to Zeppelin.... I think you said your from PA. There's an awesome LED Zep band out of philly called Get the Led Out. I've seen em three times recently here on Long Island. They play all over, but pretty much up and down the east coast.

In March, we went to a Led Zeppelin concert hosted by the Phoenix Philharmonic Orchestra.
There were some accomplished rock & rollers performing with the orchestra, along with a gal on the electric violin.
Cashmere was amazing!
On Black Dog, the singer who was like a cross between Sammy Hagar and Robert Plant, tipped the mike out for the audience to finish the last line of each stanza.
Like you list of bands!

My wife and I got into swing dancing some time back.
We had a great time cutting up the rug in NOLA!
Also, the millennials are big into this, lots of 20's and 30's crowd.
So, swing dancing Friday nights and RCing Saturday nights, yeah.
My tastes have gone to:
Glen Miller,
Brian Setzer Orchestra
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy [concert last month]
Frank,
Dino,
And more.
My fav Pandora station is Swing Radio.
Looking forward to a Hanger Dance, held in a plane hanger, filled with WW2 planes, jeep and most everyone dressed from the day.

In March, we went to a Led Zeppelin concert hosted by the Phoenix Philharmonic Orchestra.
There were some accomplished rock & rollers performing with the orchestra, along with a gal on the electric violin.
Cashmere was amazing!
On Black Dog, the singer who was like a cross between Sammy Hagar and Robert Plant, tipped the mike out for the audience to finish the last line of each stanza.
Like you list of bands!

My wife and I got into swing dancing some time back.
We had a great time cutting up the rug in NOLA!
Also, the millennials are big into this, lots of 20's and 30's crowd.
So, swing dancing Friday nights and RCing Saturday nights, yeah.
My tastes have gone to:
Glen Miller,
Brian Setzer Orchestra
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy [concert last month]
Frank,
Dino,
And more.
My fav Pandora station is Swing Radio.
Looking forward to a Hanger Dance, held in a plane hanger, filled with WW2 planes, jeep and most everyone dressed from the day.
l I'm not that far from the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum and every year they have the WW2 Weekend Playing all the old music from that era. Love that kinda stuff. Here's a video from some years ago and the music they play is in the background.... Really takes you back to that time

l I'm not that far from the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum and every year they have the WW2 Weekend Playing all the old music from that era. Love that kinda stuff. Here's a video from some years ago and the music they play is in the background.... Really takes you back to that time

Those old warbirds come to Long Island for Memorial Day most years. Caught them a few years ago at Republic Airport. Real fun day watching those things take off and land!!

Those old warbirds come to Long Island for Memorial Day most years. Caught them a few years ago at Republic Airport. Real fun day watching those things take off and land!!
Oh yeah! I'm a radial engine guy myself. I LOVE the sound of those flying over my home the day before the airshow. The F4U Corsair is my Favorite Radial powered Warbird! Of course the Mustang would be my favorite with the inline engines.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back