Musical preferences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Just sitting here listening to one of my favorite bands and wondered what kind of music everyone listens to. I am mostly into Progressive Rock. Bands like Rush, Marillion, Riverside etc. I know there are a lot of people on here from European Countries where a lot of my faves are from.

Just sitting here listening to one of my favorite bands and wondered what kind of music everyone listens to. I am mostly into Progressive Rock. Bands like Rush, Marillion, Riverside etc. I know there are a lot of people on here from European Countries where a lot of my faves are from.

I grew up in the 80's but with older brothers 70's influence. When push comes to shove, Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. But I can go all over, from Boston, Styx, Beatles, to Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC. Recently discovered this band called Volbeat on YouTube. don't know much about them other than they are from Denmark, and they sound pretty dam cool.

There's also a bit of Parrothead in me. Love the Buffet/ Zak brown/ reggae out in the backyard in summertime.

Back to Zeppelin.... I think you said your from PA. There's an awesome LED Zep band out of philly called Get the Led Out. I've seen em three times recently here on Long Island. They play all over, but pretty much up and down the east coast.

I grew up in the 80's but with older brothers 70's influence. When push comes to shove, Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. But I can go all over, from Boston, Styx, Beatles, to Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC. Recently discovered this band called Volbeat on YouTube. don't know much about them other than they are from Denmark, and they sound pretty dam cool.

There's also a bit of Parrothead in me. Love the Buffet/ Zak brown/ reggae out in the backyard in summertime.

Back to Zeppelin.... I think you said your from PA. There's an awesome LED Zep band out of philly called Get the Led Out. I've seen em three times recently here on Long Island. They play all over, but pretty much up and down the east coast.
I've heard of Get The Led Out, but never saw them Live. More into Yes, Genesis type stuff. I was always one of the outcasts of my generation when it came to music. Older Brother and his friends introduced me to a lot of that type of music.

I like the 80´s most. (Frankie goes to Hollywood were my favourite)
Today it´s more Placebo, Volbeat and of course DM.

So what was it you were listening to as you wrote this?

So what was it you were listening to as you wrote this?
A band called Marillion from the UK. Love this guys voice! My favorite vocalist. They did a tribute song to Donald Campbell who died during an attempt to break the speed record on water. Wasn't until 35 years or so when they finally located his remains. This Singer attended his Funeral and performed the song solo. There was also a Movie about Donald Campbell's attempt called "Across The Lake" and Anthony Hopkins played the roll of Campbell. Pretty interesting stuff...

Last edited:
A band called Marillion from the UK. Love this guys voice! My favorite vocalist. They did a tribute song to Donald Campbell who died during an attempt to break the speed record on water. Wasn't until 35 years or so when they finally located his remains. This Singer attended his Funeral and performed the song solo. There was also a Movie about Donald Campbell's attempt called "Across The Lake" and Anthony Hopkins played the roll of Campbell. Pretty interesting stuff...

Very cool!!! I love finding new bands and music to listen to. You mentioned progressive rock...... have you listened to any Dream Theater. They all grew up on Long Island. My buddy was good friends with those guys growing up!

Saw Volbeat in concert a couple years ago. They are one of my favorite current artists, along with avenged sevenfold. All time favorite band is probably Nine Inch Nails.

FB_IMG_1487301586993.jpg
Photo from Volbeat concert

Last edited:
I like Evenged Sevenfold!
These guys are good also. Saw them in Philly and got to hang out with them. They're from Warsaw Poland. So many good bands coming out of Europe that you never get to hear. I found these guys on an internet radio station by accident and liked their stuff alot.

I really can't think of anything else to listen to but just this all day long...

Now THaT"S funny right there!

Last edited:
@72Z15SS that's a good song for sure. It reminds me of Tool a little. Thanks for sharing.
Tool are awesome as well. I have a wide range of musical taste that goes WAY back. My Wife grew up during the hair band era so a lot of that I dig now also.

Just saw a post on Facebook that "Get The Led Out" is playing tonight and Saturday not far from me... Funny coincidence!
https://www.facebook.com/events/683056971843236/

Just saw a post on Facebook that "Get The Led Out" is playing tonight and Saturday not far from me... Funny coincidence!
https://www.facebook.com/events/683056971843236/

They put on a good show!!! Their not an "impersonator" show. They try to recreate the music as it sounds on the record. Many songs they have three or four guitars playing all the parts that Jimmy overdubbed on the records. Cool stuff.

My Wife grew up with the drummer, Their parents were close friends way back.

Sevendust is my favorite band. I've seen them 11 times live now.
Motley Crue
Nothingmore
Chevelle
Killswitch Engage
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Pantera
Soilwork
Trivium
Periphery
The Plot In You
In Flames
Megadeth
Static-X
etc.

I'm also an author, so my musical preference changes when I'm writing:
Normand Corbiel
Petri Alanko
Chopin
Henry Jackman
Steven Price
etc.

But the sweetest song of all...that of my Mustang.

Love the sound of a hot rod with a big cam! Always like watching this one.

Last edited:
Sevendust is my favorite band. I've seen them 11 times live now.
Motley Crue
Nothingmore
Chevelle
Killswitch Engage
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Pantera
Soilwork
Trivium
Periphery
The Plot In You
In Flames
Megadeth
Static-X
etc.

I'm also an author, so my musical preference changes when I'm writing:
Normand Corbiel
Petri Alanko
Chopin
Henry Jackman
Steven Price
etc.

But the sweetest song of all...that of my Mustang.

Very nice my friend!! Had this '86 back in the day. Not quite the motor you got there, but I had a ton of fun nonetheless!! Spent more money on it, in bolt on's and paint..... but like Dad used to say "you could be spending it on worse things". Lol. Keep motoring!!

IMG_2446.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back