Senton MUST. HAVE. SHIMS!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
So my build is nearing completion, and I'm almost ready to do my build thread. But dammit, I want to add videos of the results. Last two items are shims for bulletproofing and a HW Max6. Any day now...
16145585729652331792489362820096.jpg
20210228_191010.jpg
20210228_190944.jpg
20210228_190924.jpg
20210228_190912.jpg
20210228_190901.jpg
20210228_190741.jpg

Cool,have you ran it yet.not sure if you have had one before.compared to blx185 esc power is night & day especially on 8s.8s an its an absolute monster
8s is my end goal. By then, it won't be a Senton as I mean to change it up with a Monte Carlo or Firebird with rear fatties.
Worst case scenario, I take the max 6 and put into a roller EXB Mojave in spring/summer. Can always put the BLX 185 back in there. For now, I'm treating this Senton as a "learner". First major build, and I am learning alot. Once I get the electronics right, gonna read up on gearing ratios.

BTW, the LHS LOVED your 8s version. He was concerned I was reaching too high(told him I wanna try and hit 100mph with the 6s) and I would only get frustrated and quit. He's seen that many times and usually wouldn't recommend anyone without at least a few years under their belt do major upgraded builds. But also said if I'm smart enough to listen to you guys, I just might pull it off.
He doesn't realize.. Im Newf. I'm stubborn. I will MAKE this Senton do 100MPH even if it means towing it behind my truck on 401.....

8s is my end goal. By then, it won't be a Senton as I mean to change it up with a Monte Carlo or Firebird with rear fatties.
Worst case scenario, I take the max 6 and put into a roller EXB Mojave in spring/summer. Can always put the BLX 185 back in there. For now, I'm treating this Senton as a "learner". First major build, and I am learning alot. Once I get the electronics right, gonna read up on gearing ratios.

BTW, the LHS LOVED your 8s version. He was concerned I was reaching too high(told him I wanna try and hit 100mph with the 6s) and I would only get frustrated and quit. He's seen that many times and usually wouldn't recommend anyone without at least a few years under their belt do major upgraded builds. But also said if I'm smart enough to listen to you guys, I just might pull it off.
He doesn't realize.. Im Newf. I'm stubborn. I will MAKE this Senton do 100MPH even if it means towing it behind my truck on 401.....
😅🤣😂I think you got bitten by the same damn bug as me,lol.i got my first rc last April 13th,(brushed slash)lol then arrma senton an so on.i less than a year ive done alot of stupid sh$t.hell ya if you want any of my advice on accomplishing your goal I'd be glad to help you try an get there.stock senton body will be hard.i just did 98 on 6s an 103mph on 8s not even close to full power in notorious.sure you seen the 79mph senton vid.that was with quikrun 150a. To get to 100ish body needs to be similar to a Nascar truck to stay on the ground.u got questions pm me

Screenshot_20210303-192229_Google.jpg

😅🤣😂I think you got bitten by the same damn bug as me,lol.i got my first rc last April 13th,(brushed slash)lol then arrma senton an so on.i less than a year ive done alot of stupid sh$t.hell ya if you want any of my advice on accomplishing your goal I'd be glad to help you try an get there.stock senton body will be hard.i just did 98 on 6s an 103mph on 8s not even close to full power.sure you seen the 79mph senton vid.that was with quikrun 150a. To get to 100ish body needs to be similar to a Nascar truck to stay on the ground.u got questions pm me

View attachment 129893
Thanks. I was inspired when you did that post about trying for 100mph with stock Notorious body.
I've been thinking about the body. Might fashion some skirts to attach to stock body. But ONE idea I have might allow me to go lighter on truck and keep it down on all 4 tires. A canard mounted to fenders(those short narrow wings on planes, usually fighter class). I only wonder if it would work at 1 inch(at the most, more than that would look stupid.
Screenshot_20210303-205424_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210303-205349_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's the beauty here. I don't care if it works or not. There are obvious problems with my goal. The fun is in trying to overcome the problems. Taking theory and proven science and seeing if it can be applied elsewhere.
*those who don't know what im talking about, here it is..Obviously my canards won't produce lift. Just the opposite, I'm going for downward push. Think spoiler or wing on front to keep front down.

I’ve got mine screwed to the m2c esc plate. 4screws on bottom. Fits like a glove
62219E6A-E149-484D-A654-9109B54CE4F5.jpeg

Go for it. You are determined. You can do it. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back