Granite My ‘4s’ Granite voltage! ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMA King

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Sharing with the community my latest creation and love for the 2wd simplicity.

.... I just recently upgraded my Granite voltage to ‘4s’ power!

- 3660 2600kv motor; added trimmed heat sink+fan on chassis ‘cutout’

- Hobbywing sc8 mounted way up front on top of steering servo to help calm down ‘some’ unwanted wheelies with weight distribution

- Shaved the top under ‘rails’ to squeeze in a ~4500mah soft pack 32mm brick!

- Filled and sealed rear diff with 1M plus bits of silicone ear plugs (very solid LSD)

- Stock tires balding like crazy now on the streets; still need more grip!! Not sure how modify out the excessive rear toe-in?

- Need throttle fitness during turns unless you want to go into a drift you can NOT save; added gyro GYC300 and it still has it’s limits at full opposite-lock!

- stock plastic diff drives still intact probably due to babying it. Punch level softest-1 and tire slip probably reliving stresses.

- Vented body to stop lifting at 40 mph when hammering the throttle!

- GPS 54 mph so far on biggest 25T pinion; I think the trans is now making horrible plastic gear noise synonymous with wear, soon to fail ?

Next steps: bigger 3665 3500kv motor, 6s esc and strap down the other battery half on top of chassis (gotta make room some how ?)

Attachments

• C4C3F258-ECEF-4992-9BAC-A67F45A5FD6B.jpeg
    C4C3F258-ECEF-4992-9BAC-A67F45A5FD6B.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DBADC91C-097D-4CB0-9A9F-62DE97BB730E.jpeg
    DBADC91C-097D-4CB0-9A9F-62DE97BB730E.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 88
Tranny lasting as long as it’s doing is probably a combination of just being sensible about the powaahhh!!!

No really, don’t be ham fisted ‘walk’ the throttle, don’t be sending it, don’t be landing on hard throttle, run it on streets/ light gravel (grass strains it harder), bald dusty tires slipping also provides slight load release (although it can still sometimes wheelie so...)

Original trans has had a lot of miles too going from original 550 can to 19 turn double to castle 3650 4300kv then 6900kv, 2 & 3s Lipo and now these longer cans on 4s.

When I split the chassis while I’m there I’ve used Super lube, Lucas red & tacky but that quickly just flings offs. Now I use a Teflon spray-on dry lube on all the gear teeth, even pinions. Keeps some of the noise down too but stretching this thing out will still belt out that screaming top end whine we all love to hear! ?

... oh yeah, don’t crash /drive clean! LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back