Kraton My 1/8 Kraton build: The Potato

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
  3. Voltage
*Current update: more lil goodies keep rollin in, still no truck. Been on back order since January 😢

Figured I would start here, and edit/update as it goes. In the beginning, there were parts:

3/3 Update: just ordered an esc mount from 4th dimension, and had a thought. Hope it fits with the pps motor mount/diff cover. Really feel I need something a lil more stable than tape. Though I plan to add a layer for shock absorbency too
🤣

4674B749-02A1-42A1-9542-66096B83FC76.jpeg

557A5E9A-B7A7-4DB5-878F-86DDEB02F1BB.jpeg

234E06A4-1EDC-414F-951D-F89B754CF68E.jpeg

50823D0D-7A4A-4626-8A9B-7CA3678B583D.jpeg

A8324305-57D7-4178-A82F-878CA6D8F4C0.jpeg

3/10 Update: more lil goodies keep rollin in, still no truck. Been on back order since January 😢

A2A4CE06-1921-4B98-BB73-829F627F372A.jpeg

F885FC6B-DA04-498C-A960-C1C8C8E3240D.jpeg

5A1435B6-34EC-4E75-B552-FDA97B5970C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno how to do that unfortunately. Thing says the only thing I got left to do is to verify my email, which makes 0 sense. How can I post without it? I got no idea how to redo it, but I’m pretty sure I had to do that to post at all :-(
No need to repost. Just continue with this thread.
Use this link to add to your home page and you'll get the badge.
contact @WoodiE He's the man with the plan.
If you need to pay fro a membership its well worth it and doesn't cost anything at all.:)
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/claim-your-build-thread-badge.14738/
Yeah, I dunno how to do that unfortunately. Thing says the only thing I got left to do is to verify my email, which makes 0 sense. How can I post without it? I got no idea how to redo it, but I’m pretty sure I had to do that to post at all :-(
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/claim-your-build-thread-badge.14738/

Last edited:
No need to repost. Just continue with this thread.
Use this link to add to your home page and you'll get the badge.
contact @WoodiE He's the man with the plan.
If you need to pay fro a membership its well worth it and doesn't cost anything at all.:)
Yeah, I plan on it. This will be a build log kinda thing. I tried to add the link, says invalid link. I dunno, not forum saavy in the least. And I plan on just getting the lifetime membership thing once I get done buying parts and actually start building, but I’m in no hurry. I don’t even have the truck yet… damnit. Bet it’s somewhere out in the pacific 🤣

Yeah, I plan on it. This will be a build log kinda thing. I tried to add the link, says invalid link. I dunno, not forum saavy in the least. And I plan on just getting the lifetime membership thing once I get done buying parts and actually start building, but I’m in no hurry. I don’t even have the truck yet… damnit. Bet it’s somewhere out in the pacific 🤣
Minus the main ingredient, looks like you're off to a good start!(y)

Click on your name at the top of the page and go to account details. Copy the link of your build thread page in the area I've circled below
Untitled.png

So I asked a moment ago in your member intro, and now I'll ask again. Have you decided on what brand of chassis you'll be building off? The reason I ask is the chassis will make a huge difference depending on your style of bashing. The standard EXB chassis is good, but it does flex when pushed harder than average. An M2C Racing Goliath chassis is a big investment up front, but it saves on wear and tear of other parts in the long run. I'll be following along as you go to see how it plays out.

I had a few glitches to get my build thread up and going......you'll get there...

Good to have ya aboard!

Click on your name at the top of the page and go to account details. Copy the link of your build thread page in the area I've circled belowView attachment 204036

So I asked a moment ago in your member intro, and now I'll ask again. Have you decided on what brand of chassis you'll be building off? The reason I ask is the chassis will make a huge difference depending on your style of bashing. The standard EXB chassis is good, but it does flex when pushed harder than average. An M2C Racing Goliath chassis is a big investment up front, but it saves on wear and tear of other parts in the long run. I'll be following along as you go to see how it plays out.
I do that and it doesn’t let me save it. Says invalid arrma forums link.

And really? Chassis first? I plan on the m2c, but I figured I’d just roll with what I got while learning to fly. Pretty much gonna be an airplane as far as my plans go, thought it would be smarter to wait and replace as I go. Wasn’t going to touch anything suspension or chassis right off the rip. Had to have the beating heart though 🤣

I do that and it doesn’t let me save it. Says invalid arrma forums link.

And really? Chassis first? I plan on the m2c, but I figured I’d just roll with what I got while learning to fly. Pretty much gonna be an airplane as far as my plans go, thought it would be smarter to wait and replace as I go. Wasn’t going to touch anything suspension or chassis right off the rip. Had to have the beating heart though 🤣
As for the build log, maybe you could pm @WoodiE for some help. As for the chassis, I ran with the stock chassis for about 9 months and came to the realization that my rear dif was taking an uneccesary beating because of the flex in the EXB chassis. Switched to M2C and that problem all but disappeared. The longer wheelbase of the Kraton leaves a lot of room for flaxing on hard landings. I even added the M2C rear tower supports for more over all stiffness. I'm running an MMX8S now too with a 1717/1650 motor, so plenty of power on demand. This pic is from just before switching to the bigger motor and esc. Voltage Hobbies rear suspension mounts too, front are still Arrma EXB.

20210710_141609.jpg

As for the build log, maybe you could pm @WoodiE for some help. As for the chassis, I ran with the stock chassis for about 9 months and came to the realization that my rear dif was taking an uneccesary beating because of the flex in the EXB chassis. Switched to M2C and that problem all but disappeared. The longer wheelbase of the Kraton leaves a lot of room for flaxing on hard landings. I even added the M2C rear tower supports for more over all stiffness. I'm running an MMX8S now too with a 1717/1650 motor, so plenty of power on demand. This pic is from just before switching to the bigger motor and esc. Voltage Hobbies rear suspension mounts too, front are still Arrma EXB.

View attachment 204040
Ahhh yeah, that’s what I was thinking, kind of obsessive so I’ve already figure on some rear diff wear and tear. But I’m thinkin 3months tops. Or whenever the first total tear down/maintenance I’ll go with the new chassis and do some suspension too. Appreciate the tips bro! 😁

Looks.like you got it done......good job!

Oof. Yeah I’m terrible at updates. After much ado about nothing (turns out I was completely skipping receiver calibration) thing is a monster. This is the current iteration, after adding switchable fans and castle b-link into the receiver box.

E1C05BB3-022F-48E3-A0E4-CAC70C1D4671.jpeg

Ain’t sure if it’s me or just not possible, but I can’t upload a video, so I’ll just drop a link instead. This is 10/100/10 17T on 6S 100c.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRkTQETN/?k=1
Well crap. Spent 2 days trying to get this thing to bind/calibrate right and stumbled onto this. Any idears on a fix or is this a warranty claim?

This was a poor connection on the harness inside the esc cover. Pulled the cover off (once finding out it wouldn’t void any warranty) and pressed it back onto the pins. Works a champ 👍

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back