Vendetta My 4s 142mph setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Figured I'd share my setup an what helped me get to 120/3s an 140/4s this last season...excited for next session with car an my plans are to push it on 2 cnhl 70c 5s packs next session.expecting 155/5s with this car,but 160/5 wouldn't surprise me..hopefully this can help others go faster an enjoy speedrunning the vendetta as I've had..glad to answer any questions on setup..

142...Dam, You are on your game no doubt. I never thought the Vendetta 4x4 platform had that potential. I was fooled. And all you basically did was changed out the tires, No shocks and a TP setup. (y)
You have a nice stretch of road there also. I am jealous. :LOL:
I see you have a young one there learning the ropes. When my son was young he was all over my RC's. He absorbed so much. Now he is 13 and speed runs his own 6s Infr. Stock electrics. Hitting 98MPH passes with ease.:) I have more fun being his Pit man.:giggle: I have limited space where I am.

Electronics,HR spool with mod1 34t,grps,an that's about it.ran 100% stock plastic parts till 135mph yhen I blew rear diff hot rodding it,so metal rear diff..stock axles,center shaft front plastic diff.qlog shows 6600watts or about 9hp on a 141/4s pass through drivetrain....I've got 3& 5 ur old boys an they love the speedcars,I'll build them some cars when times right...they are in a couple of my youtube videos that'll be on there forever so they'll watch the videos years from now so that's cool to think about
At my best 124/3s an 142/4s passes I was a the max with the mmx8s esc an it's 400a max output..went to xlx2 for a couple runs but then had maxed my 4s packs out...with better packs I could got 150mph on 4s with car I believe.wife said no more big rc purchases till after Christmas so that ended my season with car..top-teir packs an xlx2 an there's much better #'s there...I just ran outa good wheather an had my rc allowance taken away😆😅🤣😂

Last edited:
That's Amazing to witness the plastic 3S chassis cranking out those kinds of speeds!
Congratulations, Well done sir!!

I've thought about running the (currently 8S) Limitless on 2P4S but I'm running the Castle 1717 1650 motor. I'm assuming the KV is too low to get any great numbers from it?

Or would I be able to swap the pinion/spur to gear up and use the torque from the lower KV?

With the Lim spool you have many gearing options for 4s. Many run good numbers with 4s. Use a speed gear calculator to get an approximate set of gears needed. Always need gears on hand. Sets of pinions.... a few spur gears etc, for speed running.

I've thought about running the (currently 8S) Limitless on 2P4S but I'm running the Castle 1717 1650 motor. I'm assuming the KV is too low to get any great numbers from it?

Or would I be able to swap the pinion/spur to gear up and use the torque from the lower KV?
From my experience kv doesn't make much of difference for low voltage running..long as gearing is capable of working..guys like are own @Diem Turner running 123mph on 3s with 1721-2400kv with 1/7.with the blx 3s power module gearing options are not as easy so for good low-voltage numbers ya need 3200-4000kv for best #'s cause gearing options..I've ran high as 55/23 gearing with tp5670-1270kv on 3 an 4s with metal chassis cars

Here's some 4s speedrunning gearing with a 1270kv motor.lol

Screenshot_20221211-011109_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Electronics,HR spool with mod1 34t,grps,an that's about it.ran 100% stock plastic parts till 135mph yhen I blew rear diff hot rodding it,so metal rear diff..stock axles,center shaft front plastic diff.qlog shows 6600watts or about 9hp on a 141/4s pass through drivetrain....I've got 3& 5 ur old boys an they love the speedcars,I'll build them some cars when times right...they are in a couple of my youtube videos that'll be on there forever so they'll watch the videos years from now so that's cool to think about
At my best 124/3s an 142/4s passes I was a the max with the mmx8s esc an it's 400a max output..went to xlx2 for a couple runs but then had maxed my 4s packs out...with better packs I could got 150mph on 4s with car I believe.wife said no more big rc purchases till after Christmas so that ended my season with car..top-teir packs an xlx2 an there's much better #'s there...I just ran outa good wheather an had my rc allowance taken away😆😅🤣😂
I know you are running the rear metal diff, but still plastic in the front. Your sir are a great example of when I tell people that those plastic gears can still take lots of power as long as you aren't being a bone head.

I know you are running the rear metal diff, but still plastic in the front. Your sir are a great example of when I tell people that those plastic gears can still take lots of power as long as you aren't being a bone head.
I've blown probly 10-15 rear diffs from multiple cars over last 3 years..only blew 1 front diff an that was from brakes being turned up to high..got on brakes hard an stripped that 1 front..big tires an hard holeshots killed all mine...this car woulda ran 140s with all plastic diffs I'm sure of it..speedrunning with the slow throttle buildup an slow brakes an they will handle a 9 HORSEPOWER 141mph run..that's amazing..here's a 129/4s log with car

20221022_183342.jpg

Here's fastest 3s pass I did with this car.

Last edited:

The 1717 is good for 150-160mph depending on how well your car is set up and whether or not your particular motor has the optional Kevlar "grenade" wrapped rotor. They're quite capable as a motor and, to my mind, a little underrated.

Here's some good 4s gearing to start at with 1717 1650kv if you have the v2 with 2.8 diffs..good 4s parallel packs an 130s are fairly easy with good setup an road..

Screenshot_20221211-020856.jpg

Wow! Not my thing but, very impressed. That is cool.

Crazy how far RCs have come. Kudos!!
Yup,In last 2 yrs of speedrunning its crazy how far lipo batteries have come in just pack technology.much improvements with lipos really over just last 12 months..next season will see some crazy fast #'s for sure

That's Amazing to witness the plastic 3S chassis cranking out those kinds of speeds!
Congratulations, Well done sir!!
Honestly, you,or any others on here could do the same with the few mods needed an a good road...the detta doesn't really need much an that's why I wanted to share setup hoping others would push this platform an enjoy speedrunning on a far less budget than the bigger cars...I should do a vendetta budget build useing mm2 an cheap Chinese motor an I bet could rip a 120ish on 6s with spending under 600$🤔anyways this platform is very capable of great speeds with little funds..very low maintenance 120mph car.also very easy to modify with most everything plastic. Lol..

The 1717 is good for 150-160mph depending on how well your car is set up and whether or not your particular motor has the optional Kevlar "grenade" wrapped rotor. They're quite capable as a motor and, to my mind, a little underrated.
Are there visible differences between the good and bad 1717 rotors? Can you tell by looking at them?

Are there visible differences between the good and bad 1717 rotors? Can you tell by looking at them?
No idea. I only have one 1717 and I have yet to open it up. And even if I did/when I do, I have nothing to compare it to or would know what to look for. I assume the rotors passed a basic visual inspection before being mated to the can and they definitely spin the rotors up to balance them. Probably not at high RPM but, again, they must go through at least two pairs of hands and, at minimum, a cursory look-see. Ok, sure. If there's something grossly obvious like visible epoxy delamination or other physical defects, that I could spot. But that should have been caught somewhere along the production line.

You have one right? Like said, I haven't opened mine up as of yet but I've been running it in my KEXB, primarily in rain, snow & ice and was gonna service the bearings here shortly. If you show me yours I'll show you mine. Deal?

If you show me yours I'll show you mine. Deal?
I feel like I’m back in middle school!

If you wouldn’t mind taking a pic that could be interesting. I have a handful of 1717s that are all pretty new with less than five runs each. No need to open them up soon but I’ll share once I do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back