Typhon My 6s problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I just got a typhoon and when I put my two 7200MAH 90c SMC 11.1v in the tray - the cover simply doesn't fit at all.... Is there something Im missing? These fit in my nero and fazon cage....don't get it

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 100
I just got a typhoon and when I put my two 7200MAH 90c SMC 11.1v in the tray - the cover simply doesn't fit at all.... Is there something Im missing? These fit in my nero and fazon cage....don't get it
In my Typhon I've only ran two 5200mah lectron pro 3s and two 5000mah gensacearespammers 2s and the paint is wearing off where the batteries are rubbing the body. I'm thinking that it's just such a form fitting tight body that there isn't that much room. Is the battery tray able to be moved forward at all? Would that maybe help if it is able to be moved forward?

In my Typhon I've only ran two 5200mah lectron pro 3s and two 5000mah gensacearespammers 2s and the paint is wearing off where the batteries are rubbing the body. I'm thinking that it's just such a form fitting tight body that there isn't that much room. Is the battery tray able to be moved forward at all? Would that maybe help if it is able to be moved forward?
My 2x3s bricks are also rubbing the paint off the body and also causing the servo to chew up the body on the other side too :( ive touched it back up with acrylic paint but gonna have to look for a more robust solution as its bloody tight under there!.. foam or duck tape on the underside perhaps?!

My 2x3s bricks are also rubbing the paint off the body and also causing the servo to chew up the body on the other side too :( ive touched it back up with acrylic paint but gonna have to look for a more robust solution as its bloody tight under there!.. foam or duck tape on the underside perhaps?!
Yeah I noticed that my servo arm was making marks in my body too. I'm not worried about the body at all as my bodies normally get trashed pretty quick but I am wondering how much extra stress I am putting on the servo?

Yeah I noticed that my servo arm was making marks in my body too. I'm not worried about the body at all as my bodies normally get trashed pretty quick but I am wondering how much extra stress I am putting on the servo?
Yeah as it digs in deeper it must be causing more friction, i'm not sure if this is a 6s issue or if everyone is having the same problem with the servo arm? design shortfall? Think i'll look to glue a thin peice of metal under it to help it glide a little easier perhaps?

I've installed my outcast battery tray in my typhoon so I can use different batteries without any hassle,I also noticed marks on the shell from the servo,thought this might of been caused by my Gka servo mount but guess not. Should be an easy fix now I know what the problem is

try moving the rear body mounts up one hole and use only one bolt I run to 3s 5500 hard case lipos with norubbing problems. or try taking the batt tray out and use industrial streght Velcro. mine held the batts in place at a 90 mph crash into the curb

try moving the rear body mounts up one hole and use only one bolt I run to 3s 5500 hard case lipos with norubbing problems. or try taking the batt tray out and use industrial streght Velcro. mine held the batts in place at a 90 mph crash into the curb
Does the typhon have adjustable body mounts..? Mine don't look like they are

I have a 4s 6000mah, i put mine like in pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20170307_222111.jpg
    IMG_20170307_222111.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20170307_222124.jpg
    IMG_20170307_222124.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 64
Its a common problem with running 6s in 1/8th buggies, most simply will not fit in unless small mah......i have the new Hyper VS and i struggle to fit two 2s batteries.....its a real pain!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back