My amazing Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TzuTzu77

Reaction score
Not exactly a build yet, but I do have plans for it. I wanted a Nero since Arrma first revealed it, and finally got it at the end of last summer as my birthday present.
So far I've only ran it on 4s and had no breaks/problems. The only issue was when I wanted to access the center diff, screws on one side of the TVP had waaay too much loctite. Conntacted Arrma support, they reffered me to the European distributor. They wanted me to send the whole truck in so I just bought myself some new screws, not worth to bother and pay very expensive shipping for the whole thing.

I wanted the brainless version because I do not see the point of drift and crawl mode, but I did buy one servo for the center diff.
I installed that on channel 3 paired with a Turnigy GTX3. After some adjusting I got it to work right. I also added a wheelie bar , the narrow Tbone front Bumper, a Dusty Motors shroud ( it is the M+ and is a bit too small, I might get a larger one) and still waiting for my dirt guards that just shipped after 3 months on backorder.
Also, i just gor a pair of 3s to take step things up a bit.
I do plan to get another body and wheels in the future, still looking for options, but right now I just irdered a Talion, so I have to give that some love first.

Attachments

• IMG_20160916_034729.jpg
    IMG_20160916_034729.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20160923_203648.jpg
    IMG_20160923_203648.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20170113_124802.jpg
    20170113_124802.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20170226_154212.jpg
    20170226_154212.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 101
I got my Talion a few months ago and have been using that mostly on a track me and my RC buddies put togheter, but this weekend I took the Nero with me on a hike, did trail runs, a lot of "crawling" and it was soo much fun!
I had this thought in my head for a while now, in the video it's how I normaly run it and I went over a lot of big rocks with no issues. I think I will lift it as much as possible, go down a tooth or 2 on the pinion and use it for this kind of stuff more.
I've used it for every type of bashing until now, including racing, speed runs, you name it, to this day nothing broke, except 1/4 of a rear tire that unglued itself this weekend.
Still amazed with this truck and it is my most versatile RC so far.

I got my Talion a few months ago and have been using that mostly on a track me and my RC buddies put togheter, but this weekend I took the Nero with me on a hike, did trail runs, a lot of "crawling" and it was soo much fun!
I had this thought in my head for a while now, in the video it's how I normaly run it and I went over a lot of big rocks with no issues. I think I will lift it as much as possible, go down a tooth or 2 on the pinion and use it for this kind of stuff more.
I've used it for every type of bashing until now, including racing, speed runs, you name it, to this day nothing broke, except 1/4 of a rear tire that unglued itself this weekend.
Still amazed with this truck and it is my most versatile RC so far.

This is the exact things I like to do with my kraton and modified senton. I like to see what it can and can't do. They both amaze me at the versatility they have. Only thing that I'm not real fond of is running mine thru water even though they're advertised as waterproof. I run both of mine at a state park with lots of hiking trails, hills, rocks, dead trees, tall grass/weeds and more, they are unstoppable in most places. Really love these rigs and can run them anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back