Mojave My Arrma Mojave EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered one too, limited research but seemed like good reviews and wanted try something nicer without getting crazy with the budget

What made you go with the Futaba 4PM? I ask as I'm on the lookout for a new transmitter and want to try something outside of Spektrum.

Because the new receiver I received as part of this build (Futaba R304SB-E) isn't compatible with my current Futaba 4PL radio system I have. The Futaba 4PM is compatible with the new receiver along with several other newer receivers AND all my older receivers.

I just ordered one too, limited research but seemed like good reviews and wanted try something nicer without getting crazy with the budget

What did you order, a Mojave EXB?

Because the new receiver I received as part of this build (Futaba R304SB-E) isn't compatible with my current Futaba 4PL radio system I have. The Futaba 4PM is compatible with the new receiver along with several other newer receivers AND all my older receivers.

What did you order, a Mojave EXB?
Correct, Mojave exb, max 6 combo, futaba, inspired by you!

WOW!

I probably should have stuck with 4s. OH MY GOODNESS this thing is insane on 6s. On the road it's pretty much uncontrollable it just wants to fly. :love::oops::cool:

Fantastic RC indeed!!

The wife did get a couple videos for me, now I just gotta work on getting them off her phone and on the forum somehow. :D

Seriously this thing is incredible. We have a bunch of construction going on just down the street from me. I'm going to try to take it over there tomorrow and see what kind of trouble I can get into with it.

WOW!

I probably should have stuck with 4s. OH MY GOODNESS this thing is insane on 6s. On the road it's pretty much uncontrollable it just wants to fly. :love::oops::cool:

Fantastic RC indeed!!

The wife did get a couple videos for me, now I just gotta work on getting them off her phone and on the forum somehow. :D

Seriously this thing is incredible. We have a bunch of construction going on just down the street from me. I'm going to try to take it over there tomorrow and see what kind of trouble I can get into with it.
That's awesome @WoodiE glad to hear you had a BLAST on the maiden run!!! Can't wait to see it ripping!!

This is my first roller build... is it smart to incorporate a BEC these days or has modern technology overcome the need for them? BEC ensures receiver gets power even if the esc fails I believe.

Thanks, how do you know how power hungry the servo is and whether that crosses the threshold of needing a BEC? No other reason to have one besides servo getting starved for power, such as safety in the event of esc failure. Assuming the modern cars have auto shut off safety feature so the car doesn’t go full throttle out of control

Look at the spec for the servo ;)
The typical ones out there are in the 2.5-3A range. The more powerful ones have specs posted.

There is no auto-shutoff on BEC, only thing that will happen is that the output voltage will go down causing brownouts. That is what you need to avoid as you will loose control. Capacitors do not help with that issue.

My new fenders from Scorched RC just came in today. As soon as I get some time I'll be installing these right away to keep my chassis cleaner... I hope.
We need pics and more pics😂 stoked your loving the new rig @WoodiE!!

Finally got around to trimming and installing my Scorched RC fenders on my EXB Mojave.

mojave-exb-fenders.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back