Typhon My Arrma Typhon 6s build...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shwacker8S

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ok so my buddy got me into rc cars and I really liked the arrmas so I ended up buying a talion and a typhon and I like the length of the talion More than the typhon but I liked the width of the typhon more than the talion so I Ordered parts... here what the typhoons got on it
Yes it’s dirty right now.... I was testing it out and accidentally went in some dirt gotta take it apart and scrub it with a toothbrush and simple green now lol

M2C motor mount

M2C Talion chassis

M2C front and rear chassis braces

M2C F&R hinge pin holders

Hot racing gearbox’s

Hot Racing bulkheads

Hot Racing battery tray-(not installed, rubs on diff)

Hot Racing low pro rear wing mount

Hot racing steering blocks

Hot Racing rear hubs

Hot Racing center,front and rear diff

Hot Racing center diff cover-

Hot racing closed end nuts-

Carbon fiber front shock tower-

Carbon fiber rear shock tower-
limitless shocks with typhon shock shafts and kraton springs(really nice setup)-
INTEGY SERVO MOUNT-

INTEGY Top plate-

Hot racing bell crank-

SPEKTRUM SR6100AT receiver

Tekin RX8 gen 3 esc and T8 1550kv motor

Spektrum 6s

REEFS 565oz/in servo

TBONE FRONT BUMPER( not installed)

infraction wheels

Proline custom body

this thing is crazy fast and handles very well has a lot of grip also I used kraton axles because they’re longer tweeting blocks are for a kraton too because they help the car sit at a wider stance this build costed me over $2000 and for awhile it was making this super loud grinding noise in one of the diffs it took me forever to figure out that it was a defective rear gearbox so I changed the gearbox rear ring and pinion gears and bulkhead out and it runs smoother than ever now.
Also, I’m running a 29t pinion and 45t spur this thing is insane, let me know what you think about it or what else I should do to it I also have the castle 800kv motor and castle xlx that I was thinking about throwing in it for a speed run lol I was gonna make some plates to widen the chassis for the battery fitment if I do that tho

94A6AD49-47F0-4C2C-A282-A7960B42D07F.jpeg

BBA056CB-76BD-4197-BF35-76CF16E126A9.jpeg

B3802FDA-6E54-4ABA-B7A3-F6C8296F7813.jpeg

E46330D2-CAF5-4AEB-AAD0-70E4426AC1FF.jpeg

C3BC8075-060B-492C-86FD-F6C794AFB992.jpeg

5D6E62E7-240A-435F-B78A-09DCF9C8223B.jpeg

7281F16F-67B3-471A-90E7-D4122B431304.jpeg

EF4103A5-6A3C-4EA5-BA37-3E1CA01E1EC8.jpeg

6C0DBE9B-A94B-47FB-B675-21A4946297CB.jpeg

44B90B2E-BA88-40BB-A4D5-3C5B00119075.jpeg

84F14858-EDDE-48E4-9215-5C415ADBDA71.jpeg

0A16FB80-56BC-4AC8-89E1-BE6FD85D20C0.jpeg

4E9C11A0-6628-4CA2-93F4-BC5BA9F3311B.jpeg

You'd have to gear to the moon with an 800kv motor, and it's going to add some serious weight over all. I don't know Curt's plans but we have been working on a stretched dual battery tray Mojave chassis I'd snag if he sells them if I were you for that build. you'll have a good spot for dual battery trays and a good layout. Mine runs kraton rpm arms and senton towers. I'm going to swap the front to a kraton tower probably so I can mount the body a little easier on it. the senton posts line up with the crease in the body and it's a little messy. I'd recommend the gold hot racing nero shocks as well, super stiff or all the added weight. I'm just waiting on my hobbywing 5687 to show up to put in my build. It's running the max5 and belted badland 3.8's. We'll see how the diffs hold up hahahaha. I have a second prototype chassis I may try to run on the street with typhon arms and 1/5 grp tires. I kinda want a Losi Lasernut and DBXLE 2.0 before I start that build though hahahaha.

fat bastard6.jpg

fat bastard8.jpg

fat bastard9.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is shwackers thread....not calebgilmore's thread.......

Anyways nice set up shwackers......nice seein ya put all those upgrades to use instead of just looking shiny up on a shelf. Or coffee table.. LMAO

I'm pretty sure this is shwackers thread....not calebgilmore's thread.......

Anyways nice set up shwackers......nice seein ya put all those upgrades to use instead of just looking shiny up on a shelf. Or coffee table.. LMAO
I'm just showing him options for a dual battery tray setup, or curt even has some dual battery tray talion chassis for racing that would work well. He's done a lot more work than you with your LED's hahahaha. kinda hard to get mine dirty til the motor gets here too. But sick burn :rolleyes:

My Bros and I like to go bashin in the afternoon after work. And before you know it the sun is down. When others go home , I'm just getting started.

( Some people walk their dogs around the neighborhood....... I prefer to chase their dogs through the neighborhood)

My Bros and I like to go bashin in the afternoon after work. And before you know it the sun is down. When others go home , I'm just getting started.

( Some people walk their dogs around the neighborhood....... I prefer to chase their dogs through the neighborhood)
Congrats on that. I think? Not sure what you are trying to say. If it's some odd ball flex then awesome for you.

Lol yea I need a good dual battery try idea I got my xlx and 2028 in my 8s kraton but I also have the spektrum 8s setup and it’s a beast with that in it but I need to get the extended (widener) chassis battery trays... my rx8 just went out last night out of nowhere
And kratonking hell yea why upgrade a car to be bulletproof and not take it of road I live in the mountains in San Diego CA and me and my buddy are about 1/4 way done with a small Dirt track in my back yard I just can’t decide what I wanna do with this setup because this thing sits so perfect with limitless shocks plus I swapped out the rear shock shafts to front talion shock shafts. And if I make a couple adjustments and change out shocks and wheels i have an off road car lol

I’ve been searching everywhere for a good dual battery setup I even made a mount in the center on top of the diff mount for other another battery or esc and rx so I have the whole right side for 2 4s battery’s... if you guys have any pics of some 8s setups on a talion chassis I would really appreciate the help

EMP makes GT style trays for the 6S rigs. Also JBI makes a dual tray GT chassis for a stretched Typhon (Kraton).

Lol yea I need a good dual battery try idea I got my xlx and 2028 in my 8s kraton but I also have the spektrum 8s setup and it’s a beast with that in it but I need to get the extended (widener) chassis battery trays... my rx8 just went out last night out of nowhere
And kratonking hell yea why upgrade a car to be bulletproof and not take it of road I live in the mountains in San Diego CA and me and my buddy are about 1/4 way done with a small Dirt track in my back yard I just can’t decide what I wanna do with this setup because this thing sits so perfect with limitless shocks plus I swapped out the rear shock shafts to front talion shock shafts. And if I make a couple adjustments and change out shocks and wheels i have an off road car lol

I’ve been searching everywhere for a good dual battery setup I even made a mount in the center on top of the diff mount for other another battery or esc and rx so I have the whole right side for 2 4s battery’s... if you guys have any pics of some 8s setups on a talion chassis I would really appreciate the help
Check out the jbi talion chassis. he has some for drag racing with dual battery trays. They aren't made to be bashed all night with your bros though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: First run with this setup I smoked a diff. Swapping the front shock tower to a kraton tower so it'll sit higher and body posts will be in a little and work better with the reeper body. I am waiting for it to get here to swap to mugen diff internals and pull the m2c parts out of the front shocks to add to a set of kraton fronts all at once.

So I was messin around while I had my 1/5 kraton all apart for repairs and I ended up putting the 2028 and xlx in my typhon.... this thing is crazy I have 20mm extensions coming so I can put my wide sweep wheels on. I’m gonna test this setup out today with these dboots hoons but they’re kinda old so I need to find some good wheels not too wide and not too big or small. I’ll try and take a vid of This thing in action later I just hope I don’t crash it lol...
I have about $2600 invested in this thing just about everything is either M2C or hot racing I have many hours/nights of work into this thing I hope it’s as fast as I think it’s gonna be I have the xlx set to 8.4v so hopefully I don’t blow anything up either lol

198B6994-B025-420F-AF80-64DA556E387A.jpeg

7AF73A7E-8542-4F35-BC58-86CC5FB0E067.jpeg

5975E714-1E34-4AEA-A14A-F547DB51C032.jpeg

74BDE744-5205-47E9-AC47-FA2092AF2F64.jpeg

20318501-B3D7-4747-B1C3-DC6BD8EA061F.jpeg

0FEF7B30-68F9-4DE3-8573-D43CD624CB3B.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back