Notorious My Baby took on water weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So about a month ago we had a week long dumping of rain. During a brief window of Sun I went bashing on a long gravel road. Well you know gravel is slippery, and I puddle sharked my way thru a Semi tire rut.

No biggie, already rebuilt the bearings, regressed the diffs, and I had my tires taped & vented. Since then my painted dboots Backflips have not recovered. Despite there being 4 vent holes per tire?, yeah drilled with a brass tube, and repeatedly drying them in the oven (set to 200° let preheat, click off, put ties in).? They have a severe balance issue that has me worried it will start to eat bearings. ? Time for the backups:
20191112_162736.jpg

I'm probably going to get another set of Backflips, maybe even the LP version. I mean the MX38 do what they were designed for, gripping like hell & huge mass that rotates you faster in the air. They also take all the fun out ?. Can't do doughnuts (and I'm running the Max6/4985 combo on a 21t tekno pinion), they balloon so big doing backflips that they hit my body, and constant flipping on my lid wheelies. Bummer, what would you get?

Yeah, but they weren't drilled as well. I'm also wondering if the foams broke down.?‍♂️
That's probably what happened and why the tires fell out of balance. If you're good with tire gluing I'd just replace the foams and save the tires.

Bake them and pull the tires and evaluate. I just baked one of mine today due to a busted wheel. About to glue it on the new wheel in a few mins.

Bake them and pull the tires and evaluate. I just baked one of mine today due to a busted wheel. About to glue it on the new wheel in a few mins.
Rocking a busted wheel as well man. Thankfully I ordered my trenchers on F-11 rims which are a lot more heavy duty than the other standard 5 spoke wheel, so it still drives fine.

Rocking a busted wheel as well man. Thankfully I ordered my trenchers on F-11 rims which are a lot more heavy duty than the other standard 5 spoke wheel, so it still drives fine.
They are beefy. But really crap hubs, I have broke two Proline hubs, but never an Arrma.? They really engineered some awesome tires. What about Copperhead 2's on a short wheelbase.

If you think you need to buy more, Backflip LP on my Noto is solid good fun. I even have fine enough full-size BF but don't need em right now for anything. LP is my new go to across the board..
Imo, if we bake tires we're looking for evaporation and not sure how efficiently water can exit the vents stationary in an oven. A rig on a bench grinder where we could attach and spin tires after each run could be pretty neat.

If you think you need to buy more, Backflip LP on my Noto is solid good fun. I even have fine enough full-size BF but don't need em right now for anything. LP is my new go to across the board..
Imo, if we bake tires we're looking for evaporation and not sure how efficiently water can exit the vents stationary in an oven. A rig on a bench grinder where we could attach and spin tires after each run could be pretty neat.
You just gave me an idea for an invention for bashers. You know how Hudy has that shock vacuum pump. Well what about one big enough for tires!? It could have a center pole with hubs, that you attach to each other to form a pole that holds a full set. Then a dome large enough. Maybe I can experiment with a fish pump and bucket

You just gave me an idea for an invention for bashers. You know how Hudy has that shock vacuum pump. Well what about one big enough for tires!? It could have a center pole with hubs, that you attach to each other to form a pole that holds a full set. Then a dome large enough. Maybe I can experiment with a fish pump and bucket

Just don't get on my centrifugal solution where I create 17mm hubs / adapters and variations to sell for bench grinder owners so they can attach wheels and spin out water. I'll need to sell adapters eventually but first order is the deflector that's prolly already available so yuk water doesn't fly everywhere.

You could try these... https://www.prolineracing.com/tires...on-desperado-black-1-2-offset-17mm-wheels.asp

Personally I've had bad luck with the prolines..?

I would just replace yours with another set of Backflips or LP's..??
Yeah shopping last night and noticed Horizon sells the LPs as just tires & foams. Why won't they sell the regular Backflips as that is beyond me. I would buy them, but I do have some pretty gnarly curb scrapes on mine and would like to have new rims. Has anybody tried putting Arrma tires on Proline rims? Cause that set of LPs on F-11 rims would be pretty. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back