Big Rock My Big Rock rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a used Big Rock that I am planning on doing a complete tear down and rebuilt over the winter, BUT I'm new to the hobby and I haven't got a clue where to start. I cant find any good videos of anyone else doing this, did you happen to video your tear down and rebuild? I'm desperately looking for some guidance. My local hobby shop is no use as they are mostly train guys and carry very little RC goods.

What I usually do is rip and tear my way to disassembly, lol.

Although I found a video that follows the manual in removing certain items. Its super easy after following this. Ive been using it to rebuild a Fazon. This Big Rock has been shelved while I waited for the carbon fiber parts. I suggest going with the carbon fiber frame plates. So much lighter and only $100 for the pair. This guy also sells the a arm mud guards in cf.

ebay user from Germany: maxspeedpartsde

I'll look for the video.

I'm going a slight route change with this rig.
I received those carbon fiber pieces and they've really threw a wrench in everything, lol.

So, with that said.

Are these small metal bits ok for powder coating?
Like the bulkhead tiebar thingie plates and small cvd or other pieces shocks, cvd sliders?

Well I promised myself I couldn't restart this project until the Fazon was done.
About 10 minutes worth of work to finish it so hopefully SOON.

I’m gonna get started. I think I have just about everything?

I’m gonna use a new Neu motor 1860kv that I was gonna double up and run ina boat. Also be using the Max5 so there will be some rearranging.

I’m keeping a close eye on this build as I have a NIB Big Rock which I want to modify.

FYI: I emailed the seller on eBay concerning this CF plates and he said that he’s in the process of making an extended set for a client. I asked him to get back to me with pics, pricing and BOM. Still waiting...

I’m keeping a close eye on this build as I have a NIB Big Rock which I want to modify.

FYI: I emailed the seller on eBay concerning this CF plates and he said that he’s in the process of making an extended set for a client. I asked him to get back to me with pics, pricing and BOM. Still waiting...

I don’t know if it’s the time zones but it seemed like he was a day or so getting back.

The push rods showed today.

Well crap, I need to get going on this. No one seemed interested so it went to the back of the line, lol.

Better get crackin’ yo ??

If you need any guidance, we’re here for you.

Lol. Well fudge. 2 pages of hot air. That, I’m good at. No rebuild necessary, lol.

I should have the blue Nero done tonight, woohoo. Omg, this thing was spent. Every arm but 1 had a WOW in it and then one of them that didn’t was gouged like crazy, lol. Probably why it had new tires, lol. Probably why just one arm was gouged bad.
Let’s just say it’s like new now, even the lid is like new. Little over $500 is breaking even, smh. But I’m learning so much.

I always said that the best way to learn how some thing works is to take it apart and put it back together. Except for humans.. I wouldn’t recommend doing that...

Here we go.
It’s not much but it’s a start. It’s more visual symbolic than anything. Sort of why I held off since I knew this was delay me. Once each end section piece is built, it doesn’t take long at all to button end up

I currently have a rigs-worth of aluminum blasted and then I rattle canned it all gloss black with a couple coats of clear. I don’t want to use them. I’d rather find a place that will powder coat an extra set

Attachments

• 52DD67EA-F283-48D6-A4CF-1AFC7B6A5CB2.jpeg
    52DD67EA-F283-48D6-A4CF-1AFC7B6A5CB2.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 83
So, opinions please. Not, what should I do, lol?

Bolts? Stainless? Factory?
Yes to stainless? Which bolt head? The beer cans or mushrooms?

I did a combination of stainless kit and strip and polish of the stock screws and items on my senton build.

For screws that are not seen externally like diff cup screws I just used the stock ones as-is. For others i just secured the screw or part in a drill and used scotch brite pad to strip the black off and then used mother’s aluminum metal polish to shine them up pretty (thanx @Thomas P ).

If using stainless screws pick yourself up an easy out extractor kit if you don’t have one because you most likely will need it ;)

If you haven’t checked out my senton build I deanodized a lot of Aluminium, and stripped and polished a lot of other parts:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-leopard-4092-1730kv-on-6s.7869/

The only thing I’ve broke so far is a bit. O my goodness. I give up on it. Luckily I could just leave it be, lol. But I have 2 remover kits and found ad on fb for a kit that’s fast and easy. It couldn’t penetrate/cut the/bit either?

I have no issue polishing. If you only knew, lol.

I have yet to own a sct. Almost picked up a roller local.
Too many others currently. I’m in a selling state.

I’m off to your Senton thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back