Talion My brand new talions rear tires have stopped spinning only the front will spin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talion newbie 248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Yeah so I'm brand new to this hobby and just bought my self a Arma talion. Within in a week I noticed that the rear tires aren't spinning anymore. Why is this happening I just dropped 700 bucks on this hobby and already I'm having problems like this and I'm regretting my purchase. I hope someone here can help me with my issue to get my car ripping again.

Check the cup connecting the rear dog bone to the rear gearbox case. The grub screws can back out from time to time. If it did come loose remove it clean it really good with some brake cleaner apply some blue medium strength loctite and reapply the grub screw ensuring that it sits on the flat part of the shaft.

Welcome and trust me the smiles and fun this car will bring you far outweigh this minor snafoo! That may not be a word...but lets go with it.

When you say they aren't spinning anymore does that mean they are locked up or they are not being powered by the motor? What happens when you push it with your hands? Can you see if there are any rocks or anything binding the wheels or drivetrain?

You have to do some further inspection, it may be something simple like binding as stated above. A video of what's it's doing would also be helpful.

Welcome and trust me the smiles and fun this car will bring you far outweigh this minor snafoo! That may not be a word...but lets go with it.

When you say they aren't spinning anymore does that mean they are locked up or they are not being powered by the motor? What happens when you push it with your hands? Can you see if there are any rocks or anything binding the wheels or drivetrain?
No the wheels aren't locked up but they aren't receiving any power the four wheel drive isn't working.
You have to do some further inspection, it may be something simple like binding as stated above. A video of what's it's doing would also be helpful.
I will try to do a video after work tonight.

If you can make some video, upload to youtube and post the link here, I guarantee you'll have it fixed in no time. The Talion is by far a favorite vehicle here and I'm sure it's a simple fix and you'll be back in business.

It's simple, put it on some kind of stand so all fours are in the air, give it throttle and follow the drivetrain to see where GO becomes NO GO :)
Getting into this hobby can be expensive and comes with a steep learning curve, no matter if you get a 50$ or 1000$ RC as your first one. Poop happens. At least Arrmas are mechanically pretty simple and easy to fix compared to most RCs.

I couldn't see/tell if the rear shaft was spinning.

Looks like you are missing the rear drive shaft. See the gear under the plastic hoop. That’s your center diff. There’s a shaft going to the front but the rear is missing.

Looks like you are missing the rear drive shaft. See the gear under the plastic hoop. That’s your center diff. There’s a shaft going to the front but the rear is missing.
Yes I just noticed that it's completely gone how much for one of those.

Yes I just noticed that it's completely gone how much for one of those.
$12: https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR310472-Dog-Bone-116mm/dp/B00NE0F3H8

I didn't watch the video, but odds are, if you lost the bone, you also either broke the cup on the diff or lost the rear input cup/set screw as well.

Input cup $15: https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR310432-Input-Shaft-7x18mm/dp/B00NE0FJSQ

Both are cheaper on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Arrma-In...-Outcast-Notorious-Typhon-Senton/382897832953
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-AR310472-AR310472-Dogbone-116mm/132771407583

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back