Granite My buddies looking to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich8692

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
a truck to mess around with me with my notorious and other bash trucks he wants to get a granit 4x4 but I'm not a huge fan of it I'm trying to talk him into a 3s model of some sort or even a 6s but he don't want to spend a ton as he's just getting into the hobby and has to invest in batterys and charger as well does anyone have recommendations for price range around 350ish or less and why you would go with the option we would be bashing he knows he won't be able to go big like I have been starting to do but but would still like to bash a little and race around

I have the granite blx 3s and it’s very fast for its size. Very durable. I’ve broken my Kraton a few times, have yet to break the Granite blx.

Granite BLX on sale now thru September 2 15% off (Amain, Horizon Hobby etc.).

Don't get the Mega 4X4 anything (unless you like a project) you will be sorely disappointed when you get bored of the brushed speed (go brushless) and want to go faster and bash harder. The Mega drivetrain has weaker parts 48p spur single pad slipper, plastic shaft input gears and smaller teeth on the diff ring gear and input gears than the BLX.

Granite BLX on sale now thru September 2 15% off (Amain, Horizon Hobby etc.).

Don't get the Mega 4X4 anything (unless you like a project) you will be sorely disappointed when you get bored of the brushed speed (go brushless) and want to go faster and bash harder. The Mega drivetrain has weaker parts 48p spur single pad slipper, plastic shaft input gears and smaller teeth on the diff ring gear and input gears than the BLX.
Thank you for the input @Cheapbastard

3s Typhon gets the vote from me.
6s Typhon if he can swing the jump in price

Senton 3s gets my vote, my Typhon 3s has been nothing but headaches.
Other than longer arms and different tires, they’re the same truck ?

The differences of the 2 rigs are minimal but from my personal experience I've had an extensive list of broken parts on the Typhon vs my Senton, and they both get run hard.
The body on the Senton may be saving you as well. I didn’t think about that at first, but an SCT body is like a big bubble wrap around the vehicle. The Typhon has very little body that will ever touch anything. It also doesn’t have a bumper. I put a TBone on the front and a Granite bumper/wheelie bar on the back.

The body on the Senton may be saving you as well. I didn’t think about that at first, but an SCT body is like a big bubble wrap around the vehicle. The Typhon has very little body that will ever touch anything.
I don't think a "bubble wrap" SCT body is going to save you from a broken driveshaft, warped motor mount, and broken a-arms. ?

I don't think a "bubble wrap" SCT body is going to save you from a broken driveshaft, warped motor mount, and broken a-arms. ?
Oh I don't think the body totally prevents these things, but smaller tires does help the driveshafts, less torque. As for the motor mount and arms, I could make an argument there. The Senton also has bumpers too. Don't forget all of that absorbs energy that would normally get transferred to the chassis on a Typhon.

Opinions vary most certainly yet here is another.
I like my Typhons, just for bashing around the farm here my truggied 6s is my go to buggy, just having fun with the family or blowing off steam the 3s is my huckleberry.
Probably not helpful but there ya go.

He did end up getting one @Ant1215 he had a few day one issues I helped him finally get sorted out today thermal shutdown, bugged stx2 receiver bugged out and missing a pin for the rear axle hex but he loving it as his first rc so welcome to the family @Ant1215

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back