Kraton My Build, Kraton 12s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, after being schooled on connectors I did some more reading and ordered proper stuff.

Where did you order the new ones from? I couldn't find anyone with it in stock. Had to order from my old pals in China who seem to be back ordered too. Not getting mine anytime soon which is fine by me, weather is still bad anyway.
Banggood for the ZTW or rcjuice for the Hobbystar. Both have them in stock

Banggood for the ZTW or rcjuice for the Hobbystar. Both have them in stock

Banggood is where I ordered from 8 days ago. Still hasn't shipped. Here's what they said yesterday..

Dear Nitro,

Thank you for your order 10000000 and we kindly inform you that its estimated shipment deadline is 2020/2/13 23:56:25.

Please don't worry. Your order is still in our shipment period and we are stocking up on goods now. If the order does not ship on time, we will send an email notification to you. Would you mind waiting for it?

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Banggood Team

I'd like to know where Megasty got 2 of them from?

Hmm ok. I just had a look at Banggood and it says shipping 6-13 days. I had one on order from Banggood before Christmas, but i cancelled it and got a refund. I've since bought the Hobbystar from rcjuice

I was looking at that thing before clicking BUY on the BP. Still might order one to play with. The way I keep clicking BUY on shyt I'm sure to have enough parts to build another one soon. I need help....

Just wanted to throw in a update.

Running a 30T with the M2C (the largest pinion you can use and mount properly on that mount) puts a big motor 700-800KV (in my case, the HW 56113) too close and your steering drag link will hit the back of the can when you turn it right. 2 fixes. 1, you can Dremel down the drag link or 2, buy a fast lane mount in which I did a few days ago and should be here today. The fast lane mount will allow for larger pinions (as everyone already knows) and will kick the motor out allowing drag link clearance. I'll have some pics to post up later today.

As it turns out I wont be needing this M2C mount after all. If any of you viewed my other thread I'm sure you know I'm in my glory lol! Looks like I'll have a M2C mount for sale cheap that WILL fit the stock chassis. It will fit on a M2C chassis but you will need a few shims. It will come with both MM brackets.

Just wanted to throw in a update.

Running a 30T with the M2C (the largest pinion you can use and mount properly on that mount) puts a big motor 700-800KV (in my case, the HW 56113) too close and your steering drag link will hit the back of the can when you turn it right. 2 fixes. 1, you can Dremel down the drag link or 2, buy a fast lane mount in which I did a few days ago and should be here today. The fast lane mount will allow for larger pinions (as everyone already knows) and will kick the motor out allowing drag link clearance. I'll have some pics to post up later today.

As it turns out I wont be needing this M2C mount after all. If any of you viewed my other thread I'm sure you know I'm in my glory lol! Looks like I'll have a M2C mount for sale cheap that WILL fit the stock chassis. It will fit on a M2C chassis but you will need a few shims. It will come with both MM brackets.
Yeah you need a much bigger pinion with an 800kv to get the speed anyway. Probably at least a 40t. I run the Hobbystar 56112 980kv with a 34t pinion and m2c mount. I get 58mph which is nice and quick, and motor only gets warm

I'll be able to park it on the shelf after I get a few more pinions, my ESC's (ordered a MAX-5 too) and a few 4s packs. Went with the JBI and started installing the SS screw kit. Very nice hardware as usual, used them a few times many moons ago. It converts all the 4mm to 3. Still waiting on the FL mount.

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG

I'll be able to park it on the shelf after I get a few more pinions, my ESC's (ordered a MAX-5 too) and a few 4s packs. Went with the JBI and started installing the SS screw kit. Very nice hardware as usual, used them a few times many moons ago. It converts all the 4mm to 3. Still waiting on the FL mount.
Looking good mate. I swapped out to SS screws also, i always do with every RC. I didn't have to buy any though as i had just enough to do the whole truck from leftover screw kits from Losi 1/5's. Looks great with the JBI chassis, i wish mine would hurry up though, it arrived in Australia on the 21st at Sydney airport but that's the last i've seen of it :(

Looking good mate. I swapped out to SS screws also, i always do with every RC. I didn't have to buy any though as i had just enough to do the whole truck from leftover screw kits from Losi 1/5's. Looks great with the JBI chassis, i wish mine would hurry up though, it arrived in Australia on the 21st at Sydney airport but that's the last i've seen of it :(

Thanks! Maybe yours is being held in customs cuz it shipped outa my home state. Weed is legal here now :ROFLMAO:

Thanks! Maybe yours is being held in customs cuz it shipped outa my home state. Weed is legal here now :ROFLMAO:
As it should be everywhere

Love the finish on that chassis :D

What kind of pinions did you order to experiment with? I assume anything between 35t and 50t? I'm also about to switch to a big can (800kv) motor, will probably start off with a 41t then and work my way up / down...

Love the finish on that chassis :D

What kind of pinions did you order to experiment with? I assume anything between 35t and 50t? I'm also about to switch to a big can (800kv) motor, will probably start off with a 41t then and work my way up / down...

Ordered a 38-39-42-44-46 couple days ago, quick C-note gone!.. Few hundred in pinions racks up fartin quickly!.. I saw a few guys vids in here running 800kv mills and 50t+ pinions haulin' ball'zz on 8s. 12s/46t should jump it over the sun.

Ordered a 38-39-42-44-46 couple days ago, quick C-note gone!.. Few hundred in pinions racks up fartin quickly!.. I saw a few guys vids in here running 800kv mills and 50t+ pinions haulin' ball'zz on 8s. 12s/46t should jump it over the sun.
Yeah I tend to go overboard too sometimes...
I saw the 52t and 44t so far running in vids, I have a 39t spool to try as pinion, a 41t and a 44t coming to further see what I like. 12s on a 46t seems to be a little overkill, yet I keep on looking at that 300A ztw esc almost daily :D

Yeah I tend to go overboard too sometimes...
I saw the 52t and 44t so far running in vids, I have a 39t spool to try as pinion, a 41t and a 44t coming to further see what I like. 12s on a 46t seems to be a little overkill, yet I keep on looking at that 300A ztw esc almost daily :D

I ordered the HS300A from Rcjuice yesterday, see how that one does. Should be here before the ZTW.. :rolleyes: Overkill, great 80's thrash hair band!!

tenor.gif

I wish, at least i would know where it is. Normally when something arrives by USPS it's handed over to Australia Post within a day. Then it would show on Australia Post tracking "international arrival, awaiting clearance", but it hasn't even got that far yet, still says it's in Chicago lol

I wish, at least i would know where it is. Normally when something arrives by USPS it's handed over to Australia Post within a day. Then it would show on Australia Post tracking "international arrival, awaiting clearance", but it hasn't even got that far yet, still says it's in Chicago lol
If it’s the south side... it’s a goner.

Couple more shots for the thread. You can see the HUGE difference in the FL vs. the M2C. Glad I went this route.
IMG_0935.jpg

The FL mount being thicker put the back of the motor even closer to the drag link. That is how much room in pinion I need to fill to clear the drag link. I have a few large ones on the way. Thats a 30T on there.

IMG_0936.jpg

Just a mock up with the MAX5, still waiting on the other ESC's. I'm not a fan of the center red baseball bat or the great black walls of Aarma that go around the chassis. Might leave like this. 8mm bullet direct series, cant get any cleaner than that IMO.

IMG_0938.jpg

Smallest pinion I could fit on there was a 46T to clear the drag link. I finally drove it today! Front wheel pizza cutters as expected. I have 2M on the way. I set the brakes too high on the programmer thingy, rode the front wheels for a bit :cool:

Got the HS300! I'll start that project next!

5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back