Kraton My Build, Kraton 12s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. A bit heavy, but with that setup, you should have no issues. I notice a big difference going to the MX43s, but I’m on 8s.

Has anyone replaced the steel beed lock hardware with titanium? That’s gotta be a huge weight savings.

I'd probably buy the set if someone made it. I'd do one side of each tire a day. Have to ration installing new parts these boring days :ROFLMAO:

Ran a couple packs on them, that's the front. Rears have lots more wear. Ran another couple packs and the difference is so huge after balancing, I should have bought these a long time ago. I'll likely re-balance them after another couple packs.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 70
With the badland shoes on now I'm showing very little ballooning in comparison to the stock tires. Very little if any wear too! I'm able to open it up now with the current 44T pinion, very stable. Didn't have the speed meter on it though. My china pinions are showing they will be here today or tomorrow. 50-55 60T pinons, I'll get some runs on vid with GPS'd speeds by end of the weekend hopefully.

SO.....

That's the MAX WOT it'll go.. I'll blame the rest of the speed I was never able to reach on this 44T pinion to the stock tires ballooning so much it was totally uncontrollable. These tires don't balloon what so ever in comparison.

IMG_1022.JPG

Got the china pinions, these things are so heavy it's ridiculous!

I took my motor off to do a pinion swap.. One of the grub screws came out on that last run, ground up the inside of the mount real good.. The other grub screw stripped out while I was torquing on it.. Fuging thing is stuck on that motor.. I'll probably end up waiting till the 2028's become available to try out these stupid pinions...

Here are some shots.. Never mind the gouge that's visible, tried to pry the fuggin thing off out of pistivity.. I need a pinion puller..

See mount:

IMG_1024.JPG

60T No see mount.. I just put it on top of the existing 44T pinion for reference. Fuggin thing......

IMG_1023.JPG

I am looking for electrical and mechanical help with my Outcast and Talion 6s. I can't seem to be able to solder a EC5 bullet onto the ESC wires on my Mamba Monster 2 for my Talion. I also have a very bad noise coming from my Outcast trying to diagnose a glitchy throttle problem on the Outcast. I have upgraded transmitter and receiver to FlySky GT5, swapped out a bad BLX 185 ESC out of the Outcast and replaced it with the working ESC out of the Talion. I then swapped motors between the 2 trucks. The glitchy throttle is still there and now there is a bad noise coming from somewhere. The only things I have not done is checked the Diffs. I only have about 10 runs on the Outcast. I did buy the Outcast off the shelf at my local hobby shop (maybe that was a mistake.) I live in Pleasantville, NJ and would love to find someone local to help. Thanks in advance.

I am looking for electrical and mechanical help with my Outcast and Talion 6s. I can't seem to be able to solder a EC5 bullet onto the ESC wires on my Mamba Monster 2 for my Talion. I also have a very bad noise coming from my Outcast trying to diagnose a glitchy throttle problem on the Outcast. I have upgraded transmitter and receiver to FlySky GT5, swapped out a bad BLX 185 ESC out of the Outcast and replaced it with the working ESC out of the Talion. I then swapped motors between the 2 trucks. The glitchy throttle is still there and now there is a bad noise coming from somewhere. The only things I have not done is checked the Diffs. I only have about 10 runs on the Outcast. I did buy the Outcast off the shelf at my local hobby shop (maybe that was a mistake.) I live in Pleasantville, NJ and would love to find someone local to help. Thanks in advance.

You'd be better off posting in the correct forum instead of spamming the forum with the same post.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-6s/

Just trying to get my question out to more eyes. It has been posted to the 6s thread.
When you post the same message more than once, people will ignore you, instead of being willing to help. It’s an etiquette thing.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Bwahahaha...

This thing is killin me over here, that or I'm going haywire.. I got the other pinion off finally, I drilled out the fuggin grub screw because I cant wait for a pinion puller to get here.

60T pinion :ROFLMAO: I know it didn't do anything without a video but this thing just went 76 while it was unloading on the front till I ran out of room on my street:ROFLMAO: It's still got more but I had no more room.

IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG

This thing is killin me over here, that or I'm going haywire.. I got the other pinion off finally, I drilled out the fuggin grub screw because I cant wait for a pinion puller to get here.

60T pinion :ROFLMAO: I know it didn't do anything without a video but this thing just went 76 while it was unloading on the front till I ran out of room on my street:ROFLMAO: It's still got more but I had no more room.

View attachment 71807View attachment 71808
Holy Hell thats a crazy setup. I’d love to see that thing run in person. I’d hate to be a stray cat or squirrel running across the street in your neighborhood ????

View attachment 71807View attachment 71808
You better start wearing that damn GoPro 24/7!!! I want to see videos of you eating your ceaeral in the morning or I won’t believe it!! ?

J/K. I would like to see some of this shenanigans on vid tho... ?

You better start wearing that damn GoPro 24/7!!! I want to see videos of you eating your ceaeral in the morning or I won’t believe it!! ?

J/K. I would like to see some of this shenanigans on vid tho... ?

I know I know... I got a spot I'm going to see If I can get to tomorrow, its a warehouse that's closed because of corona.. Huge flat new parking lot in the back. I'll wear one of my firefly's under my ball cap again. I'm planning on bringing my limitless too, just put a 55T on that biautch!

I know I know... I got a spot I'm going to see If I can get to tomorrow, its a warehouse that's closed because of corona.. Huge flat new parking lot in the back. I'll wear one of my firefly's under my ball cap again. I'm planning on bringing my limitless too, just put a 55T on that biautch!
Are you gonna ride it with a head mounted GoPro? ?

Just did a quick couple passes.. (no vid hamma!) :LOL: I have to find the sweet spot! She's going into LVC at about 3/4 throttle @69MPH with that 60T pinion.. That ESC is pulling, the motor is eating it up buy my batts cant supply. I've got some panthers on order, should be here this week. I'll try again.

Every pinion so far had to be pulled. If I didn't use enough loctite they would come loose, added a dab more and they wont come off... :rolleyes:Yesterday I broke a JR 2.5mm hex driver trying to torque out the grub, even heated up the pinion with a propane torch..:mad:

Finally got that 4lb 55T china pinion off yesterday, ran it on a SAGA 38T and it goes 65. 44T 68-69, 38T 65... It seems to me that running a shorter pinion she can spool up enough revs to get it moving faster while the longer pinions just bog it down. Worth the 3-4 MPH? Nah.. Then again, that HW motor wasn't made for 12s. I'm about ready to build a 10ft ramp and launch this thing over my house into the wetlands behind me.. Time to "just bash it".. I have my limitless road speed car.

I'm about ready to build a 10ft ramp and launch this thing over my house into the wetlands behind me.. Time to "just bash it"..
Dude... If you don’t get video of that...

I’m gonna hunt you down!! ???

So what's is the status this ZTW/HOBBYSTAR 12s paired with hobbywing 800kv motor. Is everything still working good. Just asking I do have a few builds for kraton 8s platform and one of them is a 12s sensored build. I think by the looks of the build and the video of it running, its probably still in good shape.

So what's is the status this ZTW/HOBBYSTAR 12s paired with hobbywing 800kv motor. Is everything still working good. Just asking I do have a few builds for kraton 8s platform and one of them is a 12s sensored build. I think by the looks of the build and the video of it running, its probably still in good shape.

Still runs like a top! The HW motor still makes plenty torque (y) I've been running a 38T, seems to be the sweet spot in power and temps. It's nice to be able to crack up a wheelie already moving along between 55 and 60;) Top speed on that pinion is about 68 on badlands that hardly balloon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back