Kraton My build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smaller 46 tooth count, you can fit bigger pinions. Mostly used for high speed street bashing or speed runs. In an off-road Kraton you still have plenty of options though, so it’s certainly not necessary. Just bring your temp gun and shoot your motor so you know if your gearing is on point for the kind of bashing you do.
And you certainly don’t seem ignorant. You’ve obviously done a lot of research for this build and made great choices, even down to your tools. I wish I would have started with MIP’s like you did, it would have saved me the money I spent on like 5 prior sets of hex drivers and the aggravation of many stripped hexes.
Thanks Dan for the suggestions and kind words.

i'm officially addicted now. Just bought the Notorious body for my Kraton and I REALLY can't afford it. But I can eat soup till I get paid next Friday. I just love this body.. I can't afford the Outcast EXB RTR so this is the next best thing and it's 700 bucks cheaper...

Screenshot 2023-02-10 161017.png

Last edited:
PXL_20230212_145525191.jpg

Ordered from Jennys RCs and got my diff and steering set, all covered in bubble wrap. The shipping was quick and the communication was great letting me know when it got here. I will be buying a lot more stuff from there. I plan on taking the diff apart and putting in 500k oil and seeing how much of a difference that will make in my truck. Also I will look if there are bushing in the steering set and if so, replace with bearings and tighten up that servo saver with some shims.

Notorious body came and I sliced off parts of the tail to get it to fit. I raised the body posts in the back and just need to cut the holes and make some small cuts in the front where it's just barely rubbing. Went jumping at the skate park and got some good practice jumping but pushed it a little too much and lost a screw on a body post and landed so hard the motor fan broke. Looking at stronger motor fans and replaced screw for body post. I love the way this body looks on my truck, won't jump it with this body till I get better. Making jumping ramp for the truck this weekend.

PXL_20230216_205806273.jpg
PXL_20230216_205846818.jpg
PXL_20230216_205856543.jpg
PXL_20230216_215936115.jpg
PXL_20230216_215945139.jpg
PXL_20230216_215952511.jpg

Last edited:
Nice 👍🏼 jumpin is by far my favorite thing to do. It gets the juices flowing. 🤟🏼
yeah, and it's easier on my truck when there isn't a cement landing area...
That launch angle looks to be a Lot more than 45°.. ⚠️🧐
There might have been a "slight" miscalculation...:p:p:oops: I'll see how well it works. I drew a straight line at the top of 45 degrees and then bent the rod so I would have a nice curve going up, I've been jumping off a large half pipe and it's not as sharp of an angle as that, so we will see, I can alway make another with less angle is this doesn't work.
To the moon!
black and white moon GIF
As long as I can stick the landing...

Last edited:
yeah, and it's easier on my truck when there isn't a cement landing area...

There might have been a "slight" miscalculation...:p:p:oops: I'll see how well it works. I drew a straight line at the top of 45 degrees and then bent the rod so I would have a nice curve going up, I've been jumping off a large half pipe and it's not as sharp of an angle as that, so we will see, I can alway make another with less angle is this doesn't work.

As long as I can stick the landing...
You wouldn't necessarily have to make another one, you could just lop off the last bit of the top to lessen the angle

Calling SpaceX Mission Control..
He's going to launch his rig right over Falcon Heavy at that vector!
If there is going to be any RC going over the moon then I have the perfect one for that mission..it's top secret and we must not let china find out.👍😁

IMG_20230214_203321049.jpg

IMG_20230214_204143861.jpg

Let's keep this .top secret 🤫🤫🤫🤫

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back