Kraton My Build Thread - Kraton 6s V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, its an awful video as I am making it quickly before work on my phone, but it should give you a general idea of what everything looks like when working correctly. I started the video with showing you factory reset, binding, etc. But check around the 2:53 mark to see if your servo is acting the same way as mine is FIRST, then go through the other steps to see if any of it helps. Also, you will be manipulating the TX a lot so probably a good idea to have your motor wires disconnected so you don't drive it off your workspace like I almost did with mine. Just keep in mind that when your motor wires are disconnected it wont make the loud clicking noise on start up (that's from the motor pinion) and will just flash the green lights.

Link:

I hope this helps. Reply with what isn't matching up for you or with any questions.
You’re the man! Thanks bro! I’ll see how it goes this evening when I get a sec.

My servo is turning left and right without the horn attached appropriately, however, once I attach the horn the wheels automatically go fully left and when I turn the wheels to the right, they only go to the center. The servo is fully stressed left and sounds horrible when I power it on, then when I turn wheels to the right, they only go to the center position and again servo again sounds awful. I’m thinking I may have over tightened the servo saver clamp or something. I’m going to take out the bellcrank and inspect.

Last edited:
You’re the man! Thanks bro! I’ll see how it goes this evening when I get a sec.

My servo is turning left and right without the horn attached appropriately, however, once I attach the horn the wheels automatically go fully left and when I turn the wheels to the right, they only go to the center. The servo is fully stressed left and sounds horrible when I power it on, then when I turn wheels to the right, they only go to the center position and again servo again sounds awful. I’m thinking I may have over tightened the servo saver clamp or something. I’m going to take out the bellcrank and inspect.

It just doesn't make any sense that attaching the servo horn would cause any "input". If the servo is in its neutral position when you put the horn on, the neutral position shouldn't change. Try turning on the ESC, give it a couple left-rights to get it centered, then put the horn on without turning the ESC off. Give it some left-right, then turn it off and on again. Unless the servo is broken in a way that I simply don't understand. Try changing the servo (if you have an extra) before removing the bellcrank assembly. If you can move the wheels and bellcrank assembly just fine when the horn is off, there is no reason it should impact the servo.

Dumb thing, just make sure ST TR is in the middle neutral postion when you do any binding or taking off the horn etc

Last edited:
It just doesn't make any sense that attaching the servo horn would cause any "input". If the servo is in its neutral position when you put the horn on, the neutral position shouldn't change. Try turning on the ESC, give it a couple left-rights to get it centered, then put the horn on without turning the ESC off. Give it some left-right, then turn it off and on again. Unless the servo is broken in a way that I simply don't understand. Try changing the servo (if you have an extra) before removing the bellcrank assembly. If you can move the wheels and bellcrank assembly just fine when the horn is off, there is no reason it should impact the servo.

Dumb thing, just make sure ST TR is in the middle neutral postion when you do any binding or taking off the horn etc
Finally got it fully ripped down again and while I was taking out the left steering rod pinion, I noticed that the pinion ball itself was pushed out of the bushing. I pushed the bottom of it out and it was not freely able to move. I’m hoping this is all it was and I’ll post back once I get it back together.

E8A69246-2628-4791-858B-2F10EFF18349.jpeg

This is all it was. Rod was not seated properly. Geez, sorry for all the questions. A learning experience for sure! Thank you @Sargent_Horse for your amazing video and for all your help!

*** Any moderators; please acknowledge that this user, @Sargent_Horse went above and beyond to assist me and he is a true staple to this forum! 👏🏽

Last edited:
Finally got time to install @Camaroboy383 ESC/heatsink mount (beautiful, custom mount, thanks man!) along with some high powered 40mm fans. Now, time to see if the body will even fit properly. 🤔 I may have to remove the 3D motor/heatsink mount I made. Fan bolt holes don’t line up at all. May just mount fan directly to heatsink. 🤷‍♂️

B4BE48C8-DCE4-44B3-82FA-1063411CB309.jpeg

269457A2-87B2-48AE-9C89-BE5D6E6B1AE6.jpeg

56F2A2B9-9F74-4580-9D4D-BFA79A62748B.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back