Kraton My castle Momba upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sroy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So.. as I’ve posted previously. I upgraded my Kraton 6s V5 with a castle motor and Momba 8 esc. First time using I had my arrma 19t pinion on there. After receiving my 8s arrma heat sink and fan I decided to put my 22t gear on. Well it didn’t go on easy. I’m from the automotive world and I’m used to having to press things on and at times get a bigger hammer. Long story short I damaged the castle motor. See picks. Lol. Destroyed it getting. The gear off and the mount. Question I have is do these have different size motor shafts?

B707774B-052C-4CD1-A124-1209ACB88FCD.jpeg

4FAFF0C8-E5DA-43F6-9723-899F99C65EAC.jpeg

69EA30C5-C442-4D53-B30B-64D0FC5632DC.jpeg

CEC5457E-965C-40A5-87FA-CB24021C8EEB.jpeg

Shaft is standard 5mm but the pinion is a 'Safe-D pinion' which doesn't have a round bore. Those do not work on castle motor without modifying the 'lip' on the shaft. Bigger hammer is not always the right answer, especially when you install things. Take a look at the pinion, one side is flat.

Shaft is standard 5mm but the pinion is a 'Safe-D pinion' which doesn't have a round bore. Those do not work on castle motor without modifying the 'lip' on the shaft. Bigger hammer is not always the right answer, especially when you install things. Take a look at the pinion, one side is flat.
Learned a valuable 200 dollar lesson. I used my 19t from arrma and didn’t have a problem used my 22t from arrma and it didn’t fit. I lined up the flat spot/ set screw. Should have just put my 19t back on. I’m learning quick. And my wallet is yelling at me to knock it off. Haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back