SOLD / FOUND My dad is looking for projects and stuff to "fix" and needs some rivets. (sorry not RC...yet)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Where can I get a dozen 3/16" diameter, 3/4" long, round head, aluminum solid rivets?

He doesn't need to buy a giant bunch but I will pay for a man to send us some.

He wants to fix a 40+ year old aluminum crawfish boiling pot that the handles have come off of. I told him to buy a new pot but he wants to fix this family heirloom that has given us memories. He can buy a new one but wants projects to stay busy at home.
I'll get him fixing RC if it's the last thing I do....lol Meantime, this is what he wants and I told him I'd try.

Thanks, friends.

Sent Dad the post I made and he corrected.

1584590575473.png

You guys are stellar! Thank you so much for your help. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Last edited:
be happy to help if you cant find them my friend..? is there any left that i can see? if its that old it will be nice to try to match the heads as close as possible...

I'll get photos and post. Sorry I didn't do that initially.
Edit: no heads left from any rivets on the pot. All removed so kinda clean slate. He's kept the handles and the pot and I'll get photos.

I'll get photos and post. Sorry I didn't do that initially.
Edit: no heads left from any rivets on the pot. All removed so kinda clean slate. He's kept the handles and the pot and I'll get photos.

ask him if he remembers the shape of them, dome bridge rivet style or flat head... if he does have him draw the profile out on a napkin.. after all thats the best blueprint available.. usually is for me anyway..??? ... figure out a couple measurements on the head and shank and it should be no issue..

the next task would be being able to compress them.. do you have a way to do so?

ask him if he remembers the shape of them, dome bridge rivet style or flat head... if he does have him draw the profile out on a napkin.. after all thats the best blueprint available.. usually is for me anyway..??? ... figure out a couple measurements on the head and shank and it should be no issue..

the next task would be being able to compress them.. do you have a way to do so?

He would do that I bet no prob and does it daily for his sales work. Wish you could meet him. Industrial engineering sales and service....valves, actuators, etc. I can't remember why he didn't ask the regular guys he works with but maybe wants to not bother them with smaller stuff? I absolutely hope I'm not bothering you guys with it and I promise after the screen shots and emails I've sent him since this started, he's fired up.
Really means a lot to me. Thank you so much. Really nice of you to offer help, I appreciate it so much.

any time buddy.. thats what we are here for to help each other and have fun... ? don't ever think for a minute its a bother! ? sounds like your father is a intelligent man, your lucky to have him sir!

Here he is when I was about 24 years old (1994) after he got his ground up resto MOPAR. I had younger brothers and the youngest was allowed to drive it to high school. I was never allowed to drive because I'm all about WOT no matter what ?❤? They think I'm too wild. haha

1584593826318.png

that picture was a great one! be even better with smoke rolling out the quarters...??

No doubt. Ill see if he has more photos. This is all I have but we have time now to go through old photo albums.?
You guys would be great friends.

No doubt. Ill see if he has more photos. This is all I have but we have time now to go through old photo albums.?
You guys would be great friends.

if i ever had the chance, it would be an honor to meet him... ??

If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Sounds like Camaroboy 383 has you well covered though.

Dad's worked with the fab man today and apparently they both need the same rivets now...lol McMaster-Carr he said tonight and the machinest fab man is buying in a bunch.
Meantime he's got me a deck figured out to go in front of my shop... We were talking about an angle iron frame to support drop in 2x6 treated lumber and just suspend over some cinder blocks.,,,like a bed frame was my plan. It'd get my 8'x6' of decking on front and Dad drew it all up to show the fab man ....But now after he showed, the Man has other ideas and I'm excited.
I sent screens to dad of the help you guys have offered and I can't tell you how much it's meant to us both. Thank you biggest for bringing it, friends.
When I get him on RC, (because he may have to do it now stuck at home...lol... ,) we'll have accomplished what I've been trying to do for three+ years. He needs to experience the power and the possibilities and then he'll be on it.

help is here any time you guys need it...?

You're a good man for offering and I appreciate it more than I can show. Wish I were closer to share some prepared food...it's really my best asset. lol

You're a good man for offering and I appreciate it more than I can show. Wish I were closer to share some prepared food...it's really my best asset. lol

i appriciate the kind words brother! and if im ever in your area ill take ya up on that my man.. this fat boy loves me some food... ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back