My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it people driving SUV's and 4x4 trucks go the slowest over speed bumps? :banghead:
Oh I freakin’ HATE THAT! It’s like dude you have a 4 foot high jacked up truck and your slowing down for a sleeping Bobby 🙄 dumb ass rednek.

Why is it people driving SUV's and 4x4 trucks go the slowest over speed bumps? :banghead:
IDK man, my '19 2500HD Crew cab with an 8' service bed CRASHES over speed bumps unless I crawl 'em. Something about it being a 10k lb truck makes the suspension work hard to mantle at speed. It'll go anywhere and do anything on the jobsite, as long as I give it the time it needs. Sprung vs Unsprung weight.

When co-workers get into a leadership position and it goes to their head and they change. They turn into an arsehole. I think this behaviour must have been underlying in their personality before the promotion. The type of person that retains information to benefit themselves and have something over others.
I can't work for a person like this.

I really appreciate people that keep a level head in a leadership role. The type of boss that can still talk to the guys like a mate not an overlord. Someone that remembers where they came from.

Last edited:
Let's talk parking...
Other day in the Wally world lot... dude in his tahoe /escalade whatever suv backing into the angled parking stall... taking 4 or 5 tries to get it in there (but still not between the lines) Of course people had to wait on him cause ya know he had to go down the aisle the wrong direction just so he can get that spot...
You'll never convince me it is easier backing in between 2 parked cars than it is backing out between 2 parked cars..
SMH!!

1954, car port, 2 bedroom 1 bath house with unfinished basement that is on top of an underground river that makes it leak........$500,000.00 I'm talking about my childhood home, looked it up on zillow.

This market is such BS.

1954, car port, 2 bedroom 1 bath house with unfinished basement that is on top of an underground river that makes it leak........$500,000.00 I'm talking about my childhood home, looked it up on zillow.

This market is such BS.
Yes it is and has been like this before but typically in certain ‘upper end’ markets such as parts of California and the east coast etc. Now it’s everywhere and it’s extremely unsettling.

I became a realtor in San Jose/Santa Clara CA (Silicon Valley) back in 1993. A couple years after the big crash where homes that had gone up quadruple+ their value quickly lost half of it suddenly and harshly. It was a good market to start off in because it was hard and I had to work my ass off to stay in it. Back then I loved to research historical cycles so I studied the real estate market going as far back as records were available. It helped me understand the pattern for the next 26 years.

Saw several bubbles and crashes, all following the same pattern. Until the last few years. I have no clue what’s going to happen for the first time. There is just nothing similar to this historically in such scale and it just keeps getting worse. For the first time the worse the world gets the harder the real estate market gets. WTF?? All I know is we are on the brink of drastic change and the harder we try to stop to change the harder it’ll be when it finally happens.

Thankfully I am done with this crazy roller coaster. All I do now is a few rental houses here and there and the occasional seller or buyer. People used to ask me when we would be the best time of buy or sell a house, I could shoot off an answer and it was typically right. Now I just say fiddlestick if I know.

But all that aside, my gut still gives me answers. When pressed I say ‘right now is the best time to sell (but it’s near impossible to find another house) and by 2024 it will be a better time to buy’. I just don’t know if I believe myself 😑
Rant over.

Yes it is and has been like this before but typically in certain ‘upper end’ markets such as parts of California and the east coast etc. Now it’s everywhere and it’s extremely unsettling.

I became a realtor in San Jose/Santa Clara CA (Silicon Valley) back in 1993. A couple years after the big crash where homes that had gone up quadruple+ their value quickly lost half of it suddenly and harshly. It was a good market to start off in because it was hard and I had to work my ass off to stay in it. Back then I loved to research historical cycles so I studied the real estate market going as far back as records were available. It helped me understand the pattern for the next 26 years.

Saw several bubbles and crashes, all following the same pattern. Until the last few years. I have no clue what’s going to happen for the first time. There is just nothing similar to this historically in such scale and it just keeps getting worse. For the first time the worse the world gets the harder the real estate market gets. WTF?? All I know is we are on the brink of drastic change and the harder we try to stop to change the harder it’ll be when it finally happens.

Thankfully I am done with this crazy roller coaster. All I do now is a few rental houses here and there and the occasional seller or buyer. People used to ask me when we would be the best time of buy or sell a house, I could shoot off an answer and it was typically right. Now I just say fiddlestick if I know.

But all that aside, my gut still gives me answers. When pressed I say ‘right now is the best time to sell (but it’s near impossible to find another house) and by 2024 it will be a better time to buy’. I just don’t know if I believe myself 😑
Rant over.
@Velodromed you are spot on! after 2008 Iand how the market rebounded sooo fast I knew we learned nothing...Wish I bought back then, now all the wife and I can do is wait for the pop because I refuse to buy in this bubble and lose half to 3/4's value on a home. Of course rent right now out here is stupid as well, I literally watched the average jump $500 in 2 weeks. We got told at the start of May we needed to be out so the owner could sell and we could not find anything...ANYTHING half decent below $2,500 a mo, the area we used to live before are going for $3-$4K a mo... Man I messed up not getting into restate when I was younger. My uncle treid to sell me my childhood home for 120k when I got married and I told him I wouldn't spend more than 65k because of all the damage that needed repair (roof, foundation, leaking etc).... In hindsight I Should have done it.

BTW just to show I wasn't BSing this was my Childhood Home

Crazy prices have been a thing here for a while. Check out these RENTALS for example.
asks mr bean GIF

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/search/kau/apa

@N.Mango
Crazyness man but you do have better scenery than most, I wanted to hop on the 10k a mo 4bdr but then I remembered I haven't won lotto yet

@Velodromed you are spot on! after 2008 Iand how the market rebounded sooo fast I knew we learned nothing...Wish I bought back then, now all the wife and I can do is wait for the pop because I refuse to buy in this bubble and lose half to 3/4's value on a home. Of course rent right now out here is stupid as well, I literally watched the average jump $500 in 2 weeks. We got told at the start of May we needed to be out so the owner could sell and we could not find anything...ANYTHING half decent below $2,500 a mo, the area we used to live before are going for $3-$4K a mo... Man I messed up not getting into restate when I was younger. My uncle treid to sell me my childhood home for 120k when I got married and I told him I wouldn't spend more than 65k because of all the damage that needed repair (roof, foundation, leaking etc).... In hindsight I Should have done it.

BTW just to show I wasn't BSing this was my Childhood Home
Come on out to longmont, nice apartments for about 1800 lol. I say that but when we moved out here at the start of the pandemic our rent was like 1550 and now its like 1750 and we're still slightly lower than people who come in new. I think they're charging new people like 1800-1900. Housing market sucks but I guess it sucks a little less for us rn as we don't have a down payment saved yet anyway. Hopefully in 3 years when we're ready, homes will be cheaper.

Come on out to longmont, nice apartments for about 1800 lol. I say that but when we moved out here at the start of the pandemic our rent was like 1550 and now its like 1750 and we're still slightly lower than people who come in new. I think they're charging new people like 1800-1900. Housing market sucks but I guess it sucks a little less for us rn as we don't have a down payment saved yet anyway. Hopefully in 3 years when we're ready, homes will be cheaper.
Yup three years is a good time frame. He’s an interesting stuff that happens though between now and then. It’s a good you’re not getting hit very hard. Here in San Antonio it’s always been very affordable. But housing values increased more than 30% and rents have done the same in less than two years. And with the rock bottom low inventory for both sales and rentals it’ll continue for another year, possibly a bit more.

Longmont Colorado, right? Colorado is beautiful and I love it there but unfortunately my nerve damage makes it so that I can’t handle cold temperatures. Once it gets below 60 I start having trouble. I prefer it hot lol.

I have 2 friends who always want me to explain what the physics teacher  just explained 5 minutes ago.
My teacher talks way to fast, so they can't keep up, but I already know most of the stuff, so they basically depend on me to explain it to them.
But sometimes, I have all these tricks and shortcuts I know because I've got lots of practice, and I don't know how to explain stuff in simple ways to help them 😐

They're not dumb people. Once they get it, they work faster than me. But it takes them a while to get it.

Sample of my daily volume of people wanting to buy my place, which is not for sale and never was....
Florida is a hotspot and they will buy your house from under your a$$. I'd sell, but impossible to find a new place at a decent price.
Usually 5-10calls/day plus the obligatory car warranty. DO NOT CALL list my $%#@&:mad:

Feel free to dial them up, but be warned it's all the same group, and they will bombard you with calls. They buy a bunch load of local numbers and blocking is increasingly difficult.

Screenshot_20220529-133003_Should I Answer.jpg

I love it when you’re sitting at a bar enjoying something to eat listening to the music and some idiot is listening to their phone full blast. Of course I say something. I always say something. Idiot 🙄

Back