My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand people who can't admit when they're wrong. They must be right and no matter what facts you put in front of them it's pointless because they stick their fingers in their ears and scream lalalalalalala like a 7 year old. It seems so emotional and childish to me.

Good thing I'm not an admin because I'd definitely ban people for it. 🤣
I know everything, I just can't remember it all!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Why is it that pinion grub screws strip out so easily ( I'm using MIP's too ) yet when you need to drill them out they're as hard as Adamantium..!! :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
I switched to these early this year. Flat tip so better connection to the shaft and the 5mm length gives more for the hex to bite into. There are different lengths also if clearance issues. Haven’t stripped or spun one out so far. I only use each one once and then toss it to be safe.
60Pcs M4x5mm Grub Screws Flat Point Socket Set Screws High Tensile 12.9 Grade Steel Black Oxide (60Pcs, M4x5mm) https://a.co/d/gNBH8Vv

DE742F79-B076-4AC9-AF07-EAE43C78CB75.png

Why is it that pinion grub screws strip out so easily ( I'm using MIP's too ) yet when you need to drill them out they're as hard as Adamantium..!! :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
Were you thinking positive thoughts while your doing it?😆

Why do stock fans have to suck? And I mean really really suck.

One run with my brand new Max6. It's like the one of the blades just ripped apart. Like it was made out of cheese. And no, there was no rocks or debris inside.

That really pisses me off that they don't bother to even try.

20220807_212329.jpg

20220807_213349.jpg

One run with my brand new Max6. It's like the one of the blades just ripped apart. Like it was made out of cheese. And no, there was no rocks or debris inside.

View attachment 234702

View attachment 234703
Looking at your pictures this is a design flaw for hobbywing. Blade moves too far upward in jumps and catches the grill (and snap!). Lost 2 or 3 blades myself. Glued a small spacer on top center of the new fan blade and so far so good. I have seen some drive a screw through the center of the fan shroud (top down) to serve the same purpose.

Next go around I might do some cutting and try a 40mm server fan.

Looking at your pictures this is a design flaw for hobbywing. Blade moves too far upward in jumps and catches the grill (and snap!). Lost 2 or 3 blades myself. Glued a small spacer on top center of the new fan blade and so far so good. I have seen some drive a screw through the center of the fan shroud (top down) to serve the same purpose. Next go around I might do some cutting and try a 40mm server fan.
I replaced it with a charred 35mm aluminum case rocket fan that was in my spektrum 150 when it exploded. Seems to still work fine. $10 bucks says it lasts longer as being a charred fan than the stocker did brand new :unsure:

I switched to these early this year. Flat tip so better connection to the shaft and the 5mm length gives more for the hex to bite into. There are different lengths also if clearance issues. Haven’t stripped or spun one out so far. I only use each one once and then toss it to be safe.
60Pcs M4x5mm Grub Screws Flat Point Socket Set Screws High Tensile 12.9 Grade Steel Black Oxide (60Pcs, M4x5mm) https://a.co/d/gNBH8Vv

View attachment 234618
I thought I was being super wasteful tossing grubs after one use but I definitely feel like it's helped me to strip them a little less. Matter of fact, I have a stripped one right now and it was the first grub I tried to reuse in a while. Of course, it stripped lol. Only saving grace is the pinion thats stuck on it is kind of great so it works for now lol.

View attachment 234702

View attachment 234703
haha that has happened to me so many times. 1-2 runs on a new esc and rip a fan blade. It's even happened to me with castle escs in on road cars. :eek:

Todays pet peeve......Leaf Blowers! You should have to take a class and be licensed to operate them. I am so sick of all the jerks who just blow crap from one yard to another without raking it up, or the jackasses who just blow it into rush hour traffic. Whew, glad I got that outta my system.

Todays pet peeve......Leaf Blowers! You should have to take a class and be licensed to operate them. I am so sick of all the jerks who just blow crap from one yard to another without raking it up, or the jackasses who just blow it into rush hour traffic. Whew, glad I got that outta my system.
Yep that blows

Toronto Maple Leafs GIF by PUCKerUp Sports

I'm tired of the f*$#ing sun! I'm tired of 103 degree days with 70% humidity on top of it. Go away and bring on the abnormally cold winter with excessive snow so I can complain about that next.

View attachment 234618
I hate to burst your bubble, but flat tip grubs tend to hold the weakest of any style...

I have a surpluss of cupped grubs, but I'll definitely be getting pointed or serrated (knurled) grubs next time I have to restock.

https://www.bolts.co.uk/guides-and-tips/screws/guide-to-socket-head-sets/

Back