My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get any stickers with my ovanics batteries ???
Like @Megasty mine came with 2 stickers in each box as well. Wonder why yours didn't.
20190614_103555.jpg

Also, Hot Racing hasn't been sending any "HR" decals with their stuff lately...has paper and sticky tape become a hot commodity?!? ????

Recently at LHS I over hear the "Tech" tell a customer, who's buying a new Senton (y), that "You only need to balance charge your LiPo every once in awhile...like once a month." WTF!?! The "tech" is actually a nice guy so I didn't want to be a D so I tried to correct the bad advice with starting a conversation about LiPos and how important balance charging EVERY time is. The "tech" responded with "Really?...every-time?" :facepalm::banghead: I later told the customer that you need to BC every-time and to do a little research about LiPos as there are safety protocols that need to be followed. I think he believed me.

I guess this is a rant bc I am not an experienced RCer, especially with electric, and even I know the basic D and Ds about LiPos and this guy is selling them and owns several models apparently, including some Arrmas, yet he's giving such bad advice to customers. ?

Recently at LHS I over hear the "Tech" tell a customer, who's buying a new Senton (y), that "You only need to balance charge your LiPo every once in awhile...like once a month." WTF!?! The "tech" is actually a nice guy so I didn't want to be a D so I tried to correct the bad advice with starting a conversation about LiPos and how important balance charging EVERY time is. The "tech" responded with "Really?...every-time?" :facepalm::banghead: I later told the customer that you need to BC every-time and to do a little research about LiPos as there are safety protocols that need to be followed. I think he believed me.

I guess this is a rant bc I am not an experienced RCer, especially with electric, and even I know the basic D and Ds about LiPos and this guy is selling them and owns several models apparently, including some Arrmas, yet he's giving such bad advice to customers. ?
Guess the tech doesn't mind wrecking packs before their time.

I have seen on a couple of sites that someone has instructed to someone new the same thing. If you have a balance charger, I can't figure out why someone would not balance charge everytime. Maby it comes down to plain ole laziness.

Last edited:

Heh, sounds like D-bag way to get customers back prematurely to buy new lipos...

I didn’t know at first about balance charging every time. My charger and battery instructions gave similar bad advice. Thanks to y’all I know better.

I don't balance charge only if I'm in a hurry.

Anyway, spent half an hour looking for magnetic mounts off my cwarler. Took them off for no reason, had them in my hands today, now nowhere to be found. Effing magnet gnomes :mad:

Also, Hot Racing hasn't been sending any "HR" decals with their stuff lately...has paper and sticky tape become a hot commodity?!? ????
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Hot Racing a while ago and 1 package out of 5 or 6 had a sticker.

I don't balance charge only if I'm in a hurry.

Anyway, spent half an hour looking for magnetic mounts off my cwarler. Took them off for no reason, had them in my hands today, now nowhere to be found. Effing magnet gnomes :mad:
Balance charge my dude!
Guess the tech doesn't mind wrecking packs before their time.

I have seen on a couple of sites that someone has instructed to someone new the same thing. If you have a balance charger, I can't figure out why someone would not balance charge everytime. Maby it comes down to plain ole laziness.
I think it's just blind ignorance but it seams you'd come across some indication that LiPo is not a "stable" power source or at least it requires some respect and protocol to use properly.

Last edited:
I hate stickers. End rant.
I'm the same way. I throw them into a pile on my workbench. The only "stickers" that I use are the decals that come with new bodies and even those I only use the "normal" ones like windows, lights, grill and door handles.

Banks, why is it that if I deposit my paycheck after 3pm on a Friday I can't access my money until Tuesday? If I deposit my check at my credit union before they are closed on Friday I have access to it immediately. Do I need to call JG Wentworth?
its-my-money-and-i-need-it-now.jpg

Banks, why is it that if I deposit my paycheck after 3pm on a Friday I can't access my money until Tuesday? If I deposit my check at my credit union before they are closed on Friday I have access to it immediately. Do I need to call JG Wentworth?
View attachment 41622
Change banks. I can use my phone app to make a mobile deposit up to $10k daily and have funds available the next business day.

Back