My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banks, why is it that if I deposit my paycheck after 3pm on a Friday I can't access my money until Tuesday? If I deposit my check at my credit union before they are closed on Friday I have access to it immediately. Do I need to call JG Wentworth?
View attachment 41622

Why is that money comes out immediately or the next day when I use a card but doesn’t get refunded for 3-5 business days when I return something....even if it’s back to back transactions????

Change banks. I can use my phone app to make a mobile deposit up to $10k daily and have funds available the next business day.

Deposits made after 3pm will post at the end of the next business day. I really don't understand why banks do this. If a credit union can post your paycheck and have funds available instantly irregardless of when you deposit it why can't a bank? And it's not like we are talking a small town backwoods bank in the middle of BFE, this is US Bank ffs. If I get to the bank before 3:00 on Friday my money is available instantly, but if it is after 3:00 it just shows as a pending transaction...........

Luckily I only deposited half of my paycheck but still pisses me off that I can't get to half of my money.
Why is that money comes out immediately or the next day when I use a card but doesn’t get refunded for 3-5 business days when I return something....even if it’s back to back transactions????
I think this has more to do with the retailer than the bank but I could be wrong.

The receiver of any transaction is generally going to see a delay. The payer is usually debited immediately.

For example, you go to a store and buy something with a card. You are charged immediately (usually) and the merchant will be paid in a few days.

The opposite is also true when you make a return. You return an item and the merchant is debited immediately and you are paid in a few days.

We have 6 employes and my boss doesn't want to do direct deposit :(
You just have to make the numbers sound in your favor. "I know for a fact that AT LEAST 16.67% of employees would like direct deposit." That number sounds like a lot of people lol.

We have 6 employes and my boss doesn't want to do direct deposit :(
Tell him its 2019 and the paper check train is leaving and never coming back. Our company has eight people and we went direct deposit years ago.

You just have to make the numbers sound in your favor. "I know for a fact that AT LEAST 16.67% of employees would like direct deposit." That number sounds like a lot of people lol.
I'm pretty sure I could get everyone at work on board but the boss still wouldn't do it.
Tell him its 2019 and the paper check train is leaving and never coming back. Our company has eight people and we went direct deposit years ago.
We still use time cards and a time clock...................

Is that a “Mint Condition “ drip on the table in picture 6? ?

What a joke. One look at that truck says it all. Lazy owner with zero maintenance practices. But you do get a new upgraded radio, outstanding!
It's an STX2 lol.

Someone had a V2 Typhon roller on there for $80 once, but it sold before I had a chance to buy it :(

It's an STX2 lol.

Someone had a V2 Typhon roller on there for $80 once, but it sold before I had a chance to buy it :(
Yeah I seen it was a STX2, hence my joke. I can never wrap my head around someone trying to sell a RC and not clean it up for sale. The airfilter says it all. My neighbor has a black Lexas sedan for sale on FB. Never washed it, has mud all up the rear quarters from being in mud, no armor all on tires or interior cleaned. Seen a couple people come look and drive it but its been a couple months and not sold. Its a nice car, just needs to be detailed. Lazy and stupid.

2 pairs of Backflip LP tires from Horizon Hobby $59.98.
2 pairs of Backflips LP tires from a chop shop $71.98.

tenor (3).gif

2 pairs of Backflip LP tires from Horizon Hobby $59.98.
2 pairs of Backflips LP tires from a chop shop $71.98.

View attachment 47508
Both were mounted? Someone must be buying from the choppers cuz they’re rarely in stock. Kind of like Typhon 6S shocks.

Oh well. I bought both sets I have from HH, delivered to my door the next day. I did have to pay tax but it still beats the choppers in spades. My LHS still can't order them from HH or Amain :rolleyes:, some Hobbytown they are . . . & whenever I do have them order parts for me, it takes the better part of a week. But I have to keep them in business.

I don't get it either
IMG_1493.PNG

I'm also seeing chop shops asking $100-120 for a full set of hoons, while you can buy 2 at a time new in the package for $30

My LHS has ALL the Hoons anyone would ever need $59.98 a set. Now if they only had LPs or Copperhead 2s . . .

I spent 7 years in the payment industry. The typical payment is next day and we now have same day ACH if you get it in before cut-off. They setup as a default a 3-5 day hold on refunds in case you dispute an original charge. (If their system is "smart" it would look for the original transaction number and void the pending refund)
We saw people refund money and then have original transactions return for a college to the tune of $26k. Oddly they couldn't reach the student after that. He made out well on that deal...

I spent 7 years in the payment industry. The typical payment is next day and we now have same day ACH if you get it in before cut-off. They setup as a default a 3-5 day hold on refunds in case you dispute an original charge. (If their system is "smart" it would look for the original transaction number and void the pending refund)
We saw people refund money and then have original transactions return for a college to the tune of $26k. Oddly they couldn't reach the student after that. He made out well on that deal...

Why would he need to finish college, he just found a way to make 26k in what, a day?

Back