My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s your setup?
Suboptimal
20230127_172422.jpg

LOL

Those Wellers have the power but I don’t find them easy to use for smaller connectors. Grab a Hakko or Weller station. I have the Hakko FX-888D. I solder QS8’s with ease and everything else also. I just adjust the temp accordingly.

Last edited:
Those Wellers have the power but I don’t find them easy to use for smaller connectors. Grab a Hakko or Weller station. I have the Hakko FX-888D. I solder QS8’s with ease and everything else also. I just adjust the temp accordingly.
I have been able to get okay solders when I had the kitchen table at my disposal. Everything spread out and room to work without stressing the back. But then I got banished to the garage due to smell. Hard to get a good angle and not kill my back. I have a project to build a workbench, but that's not happening for a while.
Also you may be losing a lot of your heat in the metal vice grips. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah probably. About the only thing I have to hold pieces in the mean time. Might try the wood board with drilled holes trick.

Pick up some helping hands... They work wonders for holding thing still.
Something like this: KOTTO Helping Hands Soldering, Third Hand Soldering Tool PCB Holder Four Arms Helping Hands Crafts Jewelry Hobby Workshop Helping Station Non-Slip Steel Weighted Base https://a.co/d/iOu1n9A
I had heard mixed reviews about using those, so I never really looked into one seriously. Might consider it though.

In the end, its not the best solder ever done, but it'll do the trick.
20230127_183834.jpg

20230127_191252.jpg

I find soldering easier than trying to put those EC connectors together. I tried to use EC connectors for my rcs but got pissed off at them and tossed them in the garbage. XTs are just so much easier for me.

My back gave up on me this weekend. Had a lot of pain this past week, and this Saturday my wife drove me to the emergency room. Got a lot of pills now, but my left leg feels "beat up" and num... And when I walk, I have to lay down after 50ft... Sitting is not an option.... So... This sucks....just as the weather is starting to clear up, and not so much rain. Would be awesome to drive the Mojave this weekend...oh well.... We'll see how this goes.

My back gave up on me this weekend. Had a lot of pain this past week, and this Saturday my wife drove me to the emergency room. Got a lot of pills now, but my left leg feels "beat up" and num... And when I walk, I have to lay down after 50ft... Sitting is not an option.... So... This sucks....just as the weather is starting to clear up, and not so much rain. Would be awesome to drive the Mojave this weekend...oh well.... We'll see how this goes.
That does really suck. Hope you mend soon.

Yesterday while I was enjoying a nice day outdoors in one of the local parks, I was a dude walking his dog, he let his dog take a giant dump, then he just left that nasty stuff right there so someone like meses will step on it, or roll over it with my RC. Some people are really just nasty and lazy. Then we have the people that just leave trash all over the place, and the trash can is right there. 😡😡. I don't say anything to these people because that would be a fight for sure, or at least a nasty argument. You just mumble to yourself. And I'm always packing heat, so yeah. Those situations have to be avoided at all costs. These people though. I can't live with myself throwing trash everywhere, and leaving my dog crap all over the place!

At least it's biodegradable :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Gone through one of them full blast before. Infraction - right up the Infraction diffusor. :mad:

Just wait. Your time will come...
Stare Staring GIF by MOODMAN
Hell you don’t have to be old. In my early 20’s at college I took a rather large bong rip and started coughing. Coughed so hard I threw my back out. Was horizontal for a week.

These days it’s different. Just getting up in the morning starts off with, “Arrrghh. Ahhh. Dammmmnnn”.

Hell you don’t have to be old. In my early 20’s at college I took a rather large bong rip and started coughing. Coughed so hard I threw my back out. Was horizontal for a week.

These days it’s different. Just getting up in the morning starts off with, “Arrrghh. Ahhh. Dammmmnnn”.
I work at the post office, everyone's back, legs, neck, you name it, hurts! From the younger 20yr Olds to the oldest people we have. I'm in the middle at 47 (I think 😅). Even the people that are in shape and go to the gym hurt. 😂

Had to take a second shower this morning after a hard cough. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

That was after I went 4 times already… idk wtf I ate. 🥴

Back