My durability and drivability discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get my U-joint so I can get back out there. It's looking like Monday. I think I found a cool location yesterday to go run too.

Just wanted to update this post with some cool stuff.
So I threw some stuff on the Nero but the most fun recent change was a mamba monster x and an external Bec. My goal was to use the Bec to give 7.5 volts to the servo and use the mmx to give 6 volts to everything else and to have data logging.
The driveability upgrade is that the servo gets very fast and powerful with its own power, and the durability upgrade is the data logging.
How is that durability, you ask.
Well with data logging I can make any change I want, run a batter pack, and then pull the data and see what changes occurred to the car quantitatively. For example I was curious about heat with this set up because the mmx can pull a lot of power and I changed some of my timing settings.
With the low timing setting my temps on the motor never went above 150. This was after about 3 sets of batteries.
It was a lot of fun, no breakages , and as I do some more changes this week to the settings I'll keep this updated.

Just wanted to update this post with some cool stuff.
So I threw some stuff on the Nero but the most fun recent change was a mamba monster x and an external Bec. My goal was to use the Bec to give 7.5 volts to the servo and use the mmx to give 6 volts to everything else and to have data logging.
The driveability upgrade is that the servo gets very fast and powerful with its own power, and the durability upgrade is the data logging.
How is that durability, you ask.
Well with data logging I can make any change I want, run a batter pack, and then pull the data and see what changes occurred to the car quantitatively. For example I was curious about heat with this set up because the mmx can pull a lot of power and I changed some of my timing settings.
With the low timing setting my temps on the motor never went above 150. This was after about 3 sets of batteries.
It was a lot of fun, no breakages , and as I do some more changes this week to the settings I'll keep this updated.

Nice! I picked up a castle BEC to toss in with my servo upgrade as well. I'm also eying up that MMX esc and really eyeballing that new sensord castle motor.

It is a great spot! It's literally 40 feet away from a community outdoor rc track too! The tracks a little small for such a big truck but it's still fun. The BMX track I took this video at is an awesome spot for jumps. I'll try to mash up a decent video this week and post some (sloppy) backflips

It is a great spot! It's literally 40 feet away from a community outdoor rc track too! The tracks a little small for such a big truck but it's still fun. The BMX track I took this video at is an awesome spot for jumps. I'll try to mash up a decent video this week and post some (sloppy) backflips
You're lucky, we have a sweet BMX track in town but they hold National ABA races...etc there and don't allow bashers to use. There's a few tracks and a BMX jump park 30-45 min away I need to hit. I was really into BMX and motocross back in the day and love launching these rigs! I'll check out your vids for sure if post any.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back