My DX5C is acting weird.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
The last few times I have had my DX5C out it has been acting a little weird, the battery voltage goes up and down, it will randomly just start scrolling through the menus or selecting things on its own. Has anyone else had anything like this happen before? It's nearly 3 years old now which means the warranty on it is long gone so I can't send it back in. Should I just chuck it in the bid and get a new one?

Buy a Futaba 😉
A man after my own heart. ;) :D

@slick2500 I'm assuming you've tried all the normal procedures things like try new batteries, maybe even try to give it a good cleaning to ensure none of the buttons are stuck.

Otherwise I'm going to agree with @BashingBrian - Futaba is where it's at. I sure do love my Futaba 4PM that I bought when I got my Mojave EXB ;)

Sounds like the flux capacitor fell out of spec of the 1.21 jigawatts. Try jump starting it with a 6s battery in reverse polarity. That will engage the smoking cleaning feature lol

Obviously something wrong with the electronics. Moisture, bad cap or some other corrosion on the main board. Take it all apart and re-seat everything, look for bulged caps or just get a new controller. Have never seen or heard about a symptom like this one.

Think I have found the problem, page 18 user manual, trouble shooting..

Screenshot 2021-07-18 at 16.08.28.png

😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤙🏼

Take battery's out and see if they look rusty on the connection tabs and pull battery tray off and check wire that's connected to battery tray underneath if that don't work I guess times up buy new. Least I have 2 more yrs left on mine
I think if it was a power issue it would turn on and off by itself.
It's Horizon messing with you from a far 🤣🤣🤣

Buy a Futaba 😉👍🏼
I have 10 cars connected to my DX5C I would need like $400-500 just for receivers.

A man after my own heart. ;) :D

@slick2500 I'm assuming you've tried all the normal procedures things like try new batteries, maybe even try to give it a good cleaning to ensure none of the buttons are stuck.

Otherwise I'm going to agree with @BashingBrian - Futaba is where it's at. I sure do love my Futaba 4PM that I bought when I got my Mojave EXB ;)

I would like to get a Futaba but it would cost a lot to convert over. Even going with something cheap like the Radiolink RC6GS V2 I'm still looking at almost $200 just for receivers. The dumb thing is that I was going to get a Futaba instead but I only got the Spektrum because I already had 2 vehicles that had Spektrum radios and I thought I could bind the receivers to the DX5C, boy was I wrong. So until I find the dog that poops money I'm stuck with Spektrum.

It may be damp/water damage?

Nope.

Not sure about the battery voltage but I think my scroll wheel is done :confused:

I have 10 cars connected to my DX5C I would need like $400-500 just for receivers.

I would like to get a Futaba but it would cost a lot to convert over. Even going with something cheap like the Radiolink RC6GS V2 I'm still looking at almost $200 just for receivers. The dumb thing is that I was going to get a Futaba instead but I only got the Spektrum because I already had 2 vehicles that had Spektrum radios and I thought I could bind the receivers to the DX5C, boy was I wrong. So until I find the dog that poops money I'm stuck with Spektrum.

Nope.

Not sure about the battery voltage but I think my scroll wheel is done :confused:
Just get the new radio and slowly push onto the new receivers as you can afford them. It'll help keep the whole transition from being a huge chore, too.

Nope.

I'm in the same boat, I have Spektrum in everything 😩 to change now will cost me a fortune in rx's but I may just bite the bullet and start to slowly swap over to Futaba soon 😎

Just get the new radio and slowly push onto the new receivers as you can afford them. It'll help keep the whole transition from being a huge chore, too.

I was actually thinking about that after I posted.

If I was to get the 4PM does anyone know what all receivers work with it and are there any budget receivers that work with it like the OrangeRX?

Last edited:
If you go with the Radiolink RC6GS (around $70) you would only need additional nine receivers, and the six channel Radiolink receivers are only $14.99 each on Amazon. I have the Radiolink RC6GS running my both my Typhon 3s and my Redcat Wendigo rock racer, and the range on it the RC6GS is fantastic - 600 meters, or roughly 1900 feet.

If you go with the Radiolink RC6GS (around $70) you would only need additional nine receivers, and the six channel Radiolink receivers are only $14.99 each on Amazon. I have the Radiolink RC6GS running my both my Typhon 3s and my Redcat Wendigo rock racer, and the range on it the RC6GS is fantastic - 600 meters, or roughly 1900 feet.
The Radiolink only does 10 cars.

The Radiolink only does 10 cars.
I forgot about there being a limit of 10 on the Radiolink, and I'll not likely ever approach that number (I'm only running two right now). My FlySky GT5 can store up to 20 models (I'm running four), but the receivers for the GT5 cost right around $20.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back