Mojave My Ever Growing Mojave EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFuzz1542

Tweak and Upgrade everything!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
This is my Mojave EXB build log how ever this baby has a lot more work on the way! As of right now I have the common Spektrum Firma 150 Amp ESC and the 4270 - 2050kV motor with a 19 tooth pinion for the wet conditions the next few months are going to bring but for the dry time racing and bashing I use the Hobbywing XeRun XR8 Plus combined with the XeRun 4274 - 2250kV sensored motor for its ability to be fine tuned down to the littlest option and the data logging. I was super close to ordering the MAX 6 for its ruggedness but after checking out the differences in the tuning and logging ability I decided to go with the XeRun XR8 Plus. Also, I currently have the Xerun XR8 SCT Pro in my Senton that is built for street / dirt combo racing I do with my group and I have nothing but great things to say about it so I just got the beefier version for my Mojave. The Servo is a Zoskay waterproof 35kg core-less motor servo with a operating speed of 60 degrees per 0.11 sec @ 7.4 volts. The receiver is a radiolink R7FG 6 channel with two way telemetry and gyro (which I don't use on the Mojave). I'm currently upgrading most of the plastic pieces to the Hot Racing version even the parts they don't have listed yet for the Mojave. There is way more compatible parts for the Mojave then what they have listed you just have to look under the 1:8 Arrma truck section and check part numbers, just remember that they only list the BLX parts not the EXB so the diffs are not compatible as the EXB uses 29mm shafts and are too large for the HR version. I currently have the Hot Racing steering blocks (However I used the original metal tie rod link plate as I like the red metal look better), servo link, center diff mount and the center diff cover. The next Hot Racing parts I get are all five suspension arm and pin mounts, the bulk head casing, the bulk head cover, sway bar mounts, rear hubs and the servo mount just because I love the way it looks... plus gotta make it match :). I have installed the T-Bone Racing front bumper and the front & rear mud guards (and yes, the new version of the front mud guards have been fixed to solve the steering and body fitment issue). I am also using the very popular Powerhobby heat sink with the twin turbo fans however I made a major adjustment to it. It is never good to restrict the flow as much as they did by the way they had them mounted so I drew up and 3D printed a two piece manifold which greatly increases the air flow over the fins and also redirects some of the air down over the side fins as well. After much testing this has further increased their cooling ability. I am absolutely loving this beast and I love working on / upgrading it! I will be sure to continue updating my build log as this thing continues to get more expensive :D, be sure to check out the upgrade pictures below and thanks for reading!
IMG_1929.jpg
IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg
IMG_1896.jpg
IMG_1884.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg
20201221_135240.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back