Felony My felony stutters off the line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneTC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
I have stock electronics. Stock diff fluid gp5 front and back. One million stock 46t center diff. 24t pinion. don't matter if im running rubber or foam or a locker in center. It got a LITTLE better with punch down to 3. Still run a 2.1 but i wanna b under 2 to b able to compete with the other cars. Whats my issue? Thanks in advance.

If what you are describing is Cogging, it's normal with the stock electrics and your gearing. The fact that you reduced some of the cogging by turning Punch down, points to this. It is just normal. It gets worse with more taller gearing. With Speed running setups, this is common.
All because the stock ESC and motor are not Sensored.
BTW, Punch should be all the way down for speed running anyway.!

Could i fix it with a bigger esc. Or i need a whole new combo? Plan on going 8s eventually.
Thank you for the response SrC

Advancing timing will have more rpm/top end.. Heat and stress will accompany this, retarded timing will add more torque/bottom end, cooler temps with longer run times..

Last edited:
Advancing timing will have more rpm/top end.. Heat and stress will accompany this, retarded timing will add more torque/bottom end, cooler temps with longer run times..
Cool. Might have to play with that. Cause at 132 feet im not doing speed runs. Takes further than that to hit top speed. Im RIGHT behind the guys running xl2x's on 8s with my stock electronics. Theyre running 1.9-1.7. Im running 2.1 even with the "cogging" don't exactly NEED the top speed. Need the initial launch.

It all your doing is 132s you can definitely gain some by dropping a few teeth

Also why are u running that pinion, im assuming your drag racing?
24t is super high, i know that thing isnt doing 70+ in 132ft??
Cause i really don't know what im doing. Other guys are running bigger. 40/40 and the like. I went down from the "speed" gear(27) and up from 42 back to 46 on the diff/locker. It comes with a 16 pinion stock. Might try going down again. Im learning man. Im new to the hobby (6months)

🤣🤣🤣
ME EITHER!!
I would def drop to like a 20, and up the punch back to the higher end of like 8.. Maybe still retard timing after a couple trials just to play and learn, im still scared to open my diffs!! 🤣🤣

No. I don't understand that setting so i have not messed with it. I have the tuner card. Just not sure what that setting affects
Leave timing alone for now. At default value. Has nothing to do with cogging. And until you understand it better will cause your motor to run hotter without considering proper gearing.

@SrC only if he advances it?? We were discussing retarded timing.. Anyway could play a role in the cogging IMO.. But prolly doesn't in this case, cuz that 24t is for speed!! Stock is 16t and she has quite a good dig out the box, i run 2 100s spektrums so she hauls the mail from a dig!!

@SrC only if he advances it?? We were discussing retarded timing.. Anyway could play a role in the cogging IMO.. But prolly doesn't in this case, cuz that 24t is for speed!! Stock is 16t and she has quite a good dig out the box, i run 2 100s spektrums so she hauls the mail from a dig!!
I will definately play around with all that. Without buying a combo that costs around the same as the car did theres only so much i can do. The thing flies. Just not off the line. Just so i understand..... Retard means to slow so that means go DOWN in number yeah?

I am open to many ideas. (y)
My experience, timing is just not indicative to cogging. I just never saw any relationship. Whether you go up or down with timing. Cogging doesn't change. But hey if you want to drop it down, I say go for it. don't raise it thats for sure.

If i were you, like @SrC stated.. I wouldnt fool with timing yet, i would drop pinion size and see what that does, i think timing is irrelevant rn! Do you know what your mph is?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back