Felony My felony tuning journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I took my felony for it forst run yesterdy and didnt end well. The rear tires were always breaking loose and i smacked extremly had into a curb. The damage was minimal.
A0F193FC-AFA8-49BE-81E3-4BF454E7F101.jpeg

My first thoughts were i don't have enough downforce. I had nothing in the rear diffuser hole decided to put one of the optional parts that came with it. Changed the front shock oil from 1500 to 2000cst loosened the rear suspension and put more load on the front.

Took it put today It drove a bit better i was using the handbrake to get the car to spin and drift but it wasnt doing reliably. I tap it at the entry of the corner and then get on the throttle. A lot of the time it just under steers or oversteers. Its very scary driving it i don't feel confident driving the car. Its not like my other trucks that i know very well what the car will do before i make the commands with the radio. My 6s trucks have LSD and open rear diff on them. This is my first true experience with RTR diffs/open diffs. My baterry lasted an hour thats how scared and conservative i was driving😅

I tried to fill the crack with superglue and the black paint started reacting to it. Tried on scrap lexan with other colours and they didnt reacT. So i think its going to be a no no reinforcing the area with shoegoe. Gorilla tape will be the go..

Maybe try different tires. I ran my sons slash yesterday on stock BFGs and then on trenchers...night and day difference. the trenchers had virtually ZERO grip compared to anything else.

Maybe try different tires. I ran my sons slash yesterday on stock BFGs and then on trenchers...night and day difference. the trenchers had virtually ZERO grip compared to anything else.
Im on silver hoons. I have the original set of white hoons but they are going to burn quick
It’s gonna suck but that is part of the hobby.
I know but im not going to let that happen. Im not going to be doing speedruns with it. So i might just go down in pinion size. I will never go full throttle with this thing.
I change the gerometry of the rear im running talion stu axles So its more wide now in the back. I noticed if i get into the sligest of dust or little rocks i immediately do a 360

Im on silver hoons. I have the original set of white hoons but they are going to burn quick

I know but im not going to let that happen. Im not going to be doing speedruns with it. So i might just go down in pinion size. I will never go full throttle with this thing.
I change the gerometry of the rear im running talion stu axles So its more wide now in the back. I noticed if i get into the sligest of dust or little rocks i immediately do a 360
removed the handbrake from my infraction not needed for drifting after some practice in a large parking lot you can just use the throttle to control and drift the car . [ I run GRP S7 tyres as i find they last longer and are half the price of hoons in the UK ]

removed the handbrake from my infraction not needed for drifting after some practice in a large parking lot you can just use the throttle to control and drift the car . [ I run GRP S7 tyres as i find they last longer and are half the price of hoons in the UK ]
The goal of the handbrake to me was to not destroy my tires by power drifting. When i try to do that i understeer. I go half throttle when i try to drift without the handbrake

Its not going to be fun if i wreck my work🤣 its my baby
You will wreck it for sure.:LOL: The chassis can tweak real easy when hit, if its the stocker one.
Many have said the same about the Felony, how it drives. The Big Rear 53/107 tires are not all that.. There are several threads here in regards. I would not focus on the Handbrake for now. Just work on your driving skills more. Drop ESC Punch down all the way, then evaluate.(y)
Hand brake sucks anyway. IMHO. Its hard enough to drive as it is. The Button for the HB was not ergonomically thought out well enough. Kind of awkward using it how you hold the Radio and all. And it causes drivetrain issues down the road. Must use No trigger brake or throttle when using the HB. Kind of hard to do effectively enough. IMO. Per the manual they state this. Just me.
Open diffs are easier to drive and dial in vs. EXB LSD diffs. FWIW.

Last edited:
You will wreck it for sure. The chassis can tweak real easy when hit if its the stocker one.
Many have said the same about the Felony, how it drives The Big Rear 53/107 tires are not all that.. There are several threads here in regards. I would not focus on the Handbrake for now. Just work on your driving skills more.
Hand brake sucks anyway. IMHO. Its hard enough to drive as it is. The Button for the HB was not ergonomically thought out well enough. Kind of awkward using it how you hold the Radio and all. And is causes drivetrain issues down the road. Just me.
I tuned channel 3 on the dx3. I just hit the B button with my thumb. Followed the spektrum video on how to program the endpoints of channel 3. Stock you have to move ur thumb ackwardly upwards to hit the button that activates the handbrake
i wasnt expecting the road cars would have drivetrain issues with the low grip and tiny tires. I hope ur wrong 🤣
Im confident i can turn this thing to do exactly what i want it to do and i have the confidence like my other trucks. I drive my noto and kraton like an expert. Well for me lol i can drift slide do everything i want with them
For now im going to change the front diff oil to 30k or 60k. To fight the understeer on power
And not to reduce the spin out when the terrain changes a bit.
I can also play with the links positions and other things

Last edited:
The goal of the handbrake to me was to not destroy my tires by power drifting. When i try to do that i understeer. I go half throttle when i try to drift without the handbrake
got to admit my infraction sucks power drifting left but drifting right im in full control . i get between 8 to ten packs using GRP s on 6s don't even bother drifting on 8s gets real expensive real quick I found out the hard way. i also don't run a gyro

Last edited:
You will wreck it for sure.:LOL: The chassis can tweak real easy when hit, if its the stocker one.
Many have said the same about the Felony, how it drives. The Big Rear 53/107 tires are not all that.. There are several threads here in regards. I would not focus on the Handbrake for now. Just work on your driving skills more. Drop ESC Punch down all the way, then evaluate.(y)
Hand brake sucks anyway. IMHO. Its hard enough to drive as it is. The Button for the HB was not ergonomically thought out well enough. Kind of awkward using it how you hold the Radio and all. And it causes drivetrain issues down the road. Must use No trigger brake when using the HB. Per the manual. Just me.
Carbon splitter dead . bent chassis . go pro hero dead all part of a very expesive learning curve . but when it comes good its :eek:

I wrecked my Lim many times. I bought 2 Lim rollers to kit-break them. It was even cheaper than Going the JennysRC route or Arrma retail parts after I did the math. I've had my share of bad carnage, believe me. Always with speed running it.
I'm not scared of it.
I say that I respect it.:LOL: Because my wallet said so.:giggle:

Last edited:
I wrecked my Lim many times. I bought 2 Lim rollers to kit-break them. It was even cheaper than Going the JennysRC route or Arrma retail parts after I did the math. I've had my share of bad carnage, believe me. Always with speed running it.
Its all about control and that comes with experience . every one is going to wreck at some point all part of the hobby . took me a long time to handle the infraction .

Expo on the throttle may help, but ultimately you have a ton of power and have to get used to driving the throttle gently.

I will say that GRP tires are way better for grip!
You would have to swap the front or rear diff to use GRPs and do a Kraton hex /hub in the rear to get the width back that you need to fill the wheel arch.

“Likewise, decreasing toe-out (even to the point of running zero toe) will give the car more initial steering response. This is usually only done on tight, low-speed tracks.
Mark says, “If you run toe-in (at the front), your car won’t come out of the corner very well, and initial turn-in will be too darty. If you run toe-out, it will turn in and come out of the corner much smoother.”
Might explain why turns like crap on power.
8CB25C8B-B9FF-40A7-B013-F145589C4731.jpeg

Expo on the throttle may help, but ultimately you have a ton of power and have to get used to driving the throttle gently.

I will say that GRP tires are way better for grip!
You would have to swap the front or rear diff to use GRPs and do a Kraton hex /hub in the rear to get the width back that you need to fill the wheel arch.
Im on punch 2 reduced it from 3 because it was not great

So i messed with the toe link screw position, gave it tiny bit of tow out and front camber. It made a substantial difference at the same test spot. With a tap of the handbrake i can start a drift and finish it. At the corner exit i can remove my hand of the steering wheel and it goes straight like how a real car would. Still pretty hard to start a drift with the throttle only unless i rev it harder . I lacked the space to try with heavier throttle. I noticed a bit less spin outs.
the rear camber links holes could fix this remaining problem but for now ima leave it as is. The diffs are running 12k/100k/20K

The rear doesn't break loose when i want if it does it swing way too much. This isnt very scientific but i clesn my rcs with a blower when i come back and my tires were all white from the dust i put it in my workbench and i started pulling and pushing ont the camber links. The front sticks more than the rear. More turning is needed but i remain confisent im going to get it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back