Felony My felony tuning journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got to admit my infraction sucks power drifting left but drifting right im in full control . i get between 8 to ten packs using GRP s on 6s don't even bother drifting on 8s gets real expensive real quick I found out the hard way. i also don't run a gyro
An unbalanced and improperly aligned rig will often have uneven L-R Steering response. It can be dialed if you have the patience for it. So many factors involved to get it perfect. My best example of this is my TLRT. The best of all my rigs. Even better than my LIM and Infr. But if Speed running straight, doesn't truly matter as much.
Gyros can work some. But often overrated and honestly not needed at all. With or without does not make or break the rig in hand. Only complicates matters for some. Patience and understanding Gyros is key.
Gyros for surface RC's only became a thing because of the 1/10 Drift car crowd. Where standalone Gyro's all started to appear many years ago.

An unbalanced and improperly aligned rig will often have uneven L-R Steering response. It can be dialed if you have the patience for it. So many factors involved to get it perfect. My best example of this is my TLRT. The best of all my rigs. Even better than my LIM and Infr. But if Speed running straight, doesn't truly matter as much.
Gyros can work some. But often overrated and honestly not needed at all. With or without does not make or break the rig in hand. Only complicates matters for some. Patience and understanding Gyros is key.
Gyros for surface RC's only became a thing because of the 1/10 Drift car crowd. Where standalone Gyro's all started to appear many years ago.
Gyros create understeer i don't use it anymor. Even at 10%

In theory, there is no Understeer or Oversteer with a Gyro. The whole objective with a Gyro to begin with.
But we can see in reality, they can be a nuisance and are far from perfect.
What Gyros that do work for me, have usually 10% or less "Gain". With trial and error I always end up with little gain needed . Runs best. Too much and the servo just Oscillates. A fail . :(

In theory, there is no Understeer or Oversteer with a Gyro. The whole objective with a Gyro to begin with.
What Gyros that do work for me, have usually 10% or less "Gain". With trial and error I always end up with little gain needed . Runs best. Too much and the servo just Oscillates. A fail . :(
Well it pushes on the corners. I call that understeer. Everytime i turn the gyro on it just fights what i want to do.makes my drift radius on my kraton for example instead of making it easier

Well it pushes on the corners. I call that understeer. Everytime i turn the gyro on it just fights what i want to do.makes my drift radius on my kraton for example instead of making it easier
@SrC said it best on his first post on page 1. Man, I "really" wish you the best and you find the fix we have not found with the Felony and that hated rear end (SrC said lots of posts on that subject even from me). I sold mine but I went down the hole of suspension adjustments, racking, new parts like stiffer springs, shock weights, weights, tires, diffs changes, etc., and never could get control of the rear.

For those Felony guys that just drive it and not like me or Rich Duperdash and 100% throttle all the time, they are cool...no issue. If you drive it like you stole it, might as well say you are caught it will spin out!

Personally, I think the issue for me is the Infraction v1 was my first rig and it is a dream to power drift just well balanced as heck even better once you dial it in more. I did not expect the Felony to be the exact same each rig has its own strong point but the Felony for drift was disappointing if you are aggressive like me when bashing it. The rear is uncontrollable and does those stupid spin-outs under heavy power. Speed runs sure it's cool.

Please do find that fix...wishing you the best that I could not find my friend!

“Likewise, decreasing toe-out (even to the point of running zero toe) will give the car more initial steering response. This is usually only done on tight, low-speed tracks.
Mark says, “If you run toe-in (at the front), your car won’t come out of the corner very well, and initial turn-in will be too darty. If you run toe-out, it will turn in and come out of the corner much smoother.”
Might explain why turns like crap on power.
View attachment 210381

Im on punch 2 reduced it from 3 because it was not great
Your front tires appear to have much uneven tire scrub. Perhaps work on the Front alignment better?
Also might want to adjust the "Roll Center" at the rear.
Adjust your Steering Ackerman center plate. (centerlink) For more Turn-In. Using the other pair of holes where the Tie rod ball end attaches. Evaluate the turn-In.
Even try a TLRT Ackerman plt..7075, has 4 Positions, stock has only 2 for the Ackerman setting.
Rake the car less. Remove the rear sway bar. And evaluate what it does for you. All droop must be equal length in shock pairs, Fronts equal and Rears equal. Use a caliper. Best.
Just some tweaks you can try to dial it in better. It may drive more predictable, the way you want. Trial and error.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/steering-rack-cnc-7075-aluminum---tlr/ARA340185.html

Last edited:
Your front tires appear to have much uneven tire scrub. Perhaps work on the Front alignment better?
Also might want to adjust the "Roll Center" at the rear.
Yeah those marks are now gone. I modified the droop in the front and put more preload. I should have a bit less front traction and a bit more in the rear. I moved moved the rear camper link down hub side so i should get more camber gain as a result.
image.jpg

@SrC said it best on his first post on page 1. Man, I "really" wish you the best and you find the fix we have not found with the Felony and that hated rear end (SrC said lots of posts on that subject even from me). I sold mine but I went down the hole of suspension adjustments, racking, new parts like stiffer springs, shock weights, weights, tires, diffs changes, etc., and never could get control of the rear.

For those Felony guys that just drive it and not like me or Rich Duperdash and 100% throttle all the time, they are cool...no issue. If you drive it like you stole it, might as well say you are caught it will spin out!

Personally, I think the issue for me is the Infraction v1 was my first rig and it is a dream to power drift just well balanced as heck even better once you dial it in more. I did not expect the Felony to be the exact same each rig has its own strong point but the Felony for drift was disappointing if you are aggressive like me when bashing it. The rear is uncontrollable and does those stupid spin-outs under heavy power. Speed runs sure it's cool.

Please do find that fix...wishing you the best that I could not find my friend!
Yeah but today i was sitting on my bed and droop screw rang in my head. I can put more front Pre load without raising the front im getting the hang of it it drift and all but not to my taste. But its a lot better than the first run. I went to the came curb i crashed. A lot more confident and the rear didnt spin out of control. Its a traction issue. The front has too much and the rear has too little in most cases.

Balance the traction front to rear better.
Adjust the roll center. (rear)
Try different tires in the rear.

43/106's:

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ggy-tires-mounted-17mm-black-2/PRO906921.html

:whistle:
Gyro never fights you if you are moving the wheel. It is only autonomous when there is no ST input. Either you are in control or The Gyro is. And you have priority when you turn the wheel. That is how mine is dialed.
Also adjust the roll center. This may help drive the way you want.

Last edited:
Balance the traction front to rear better.
Adjust the roll center. (rear)
Try different tires in the rear.

43/106's:

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ggy-tires-mounted-17mm-black-2/PRO906921.html

:whistle:

Gyro never fights you if you are moving the wheel. It is only autonomous when there is no ST input. Either you are in control or The Gyro is. And you have priority when you turn the wheel. That is how mine is dialed.
Also adjust the roll center. This may help drive the way you want.
I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of tires. If i ever change the tires it will be hoons of the same size all around. Proline is just ridiculous expensive price of two sets of hokns for a set of proline
What you mean by roll center?

Change the position of the rear camber rods. There are videos how to do it. Explains how Roll Center adjustments can affect traction and chassis rotation.

Change the position of the rear camber rods. There are videos how to do it. Explains how Roll Center adjustments can affect traction and chassis rotation.
Yeah i did that. I didnt know what that was called lol. I moved one hole down hub side in the rear. Link same lengh should have more camper into the corners in theory

In 99% of the time I don't use gyro. But when the underground is such that the rear is too tailhappy I sometimes use the gyro. I have the Dumbo radio and turn the gyro CH6 just a bit (guestimate 20-25%). The difference is very noticable.

In 99% of the time I don't use gyro. But when the underground is such that the rear is too tailhappy I sometimes use the gyro. I have the Dumbo radio and turn the gyro CH6 just a bit (guestimate 20-25%). The difference is very noticable.
I have 2 dumbo radios and a dx3. Problem wi gyro its that my car becomes unconsistant. I like mcas to acs the same way every time i perform a move. I keep turning the gyro on to 5-10% to help me drift my kraton it amke almost every time just worst. The gyro has been good for going full speed in a straight line other than that i don't use it really

Interesting reading...looking forward to a positive outcome...reading it is like living it again. You are making progress so keep it up (y)

I like using AVC on all my Arrma rigs Kraton EXB, BR, Losi DB, Infraction, etc. I do agree with you there was so much going on with the Felony it was the one-time AVC made it worse. Not because of AVC because with no AVC the issues were still there so adding AVC was a cluster F... of hell to get control.

Keep it up, my Man! I'm pulling for a W for ya!

Last edited:
I asked jason if they plan to make the c8 splitter available to buy seperately. He sais he wasnt aware of that issue. He will try to get that fixed. 🙏🏻. He is truly amazing. I believe that is one major concern of c8 owners once that splitter is done or worn they cant get another one unless you buy a new body

haha I still haven't even used my stock c8 splitter. I went straight to a StupidRC kit.

Have to admit i run a gyro on my Tamiya tt02 drift build but thats how i set the car up also run hard drift tires . but thats not requred on a over powered 1/8 scale car

First time I took mine out i was blown away but i also use to race sports cars on the track and understand throttle control and grip. This is an expensive car to run because the tires simply do not last. I just bought my 4th set today and i do not care one bit lol.

growing up i had a bunch of onroad cars even dragsters from Bolink, Associated, Mugen and Kyosho and the Felony destroys them all in every way in regards to fun. I also think it is the perfect size.

First time I took mine out i was blown away but i also use to race sports cars on the track and understand throttle control and grip. This is an expensive car to run because the tires simply do not last. I just bought my 4th set today and i do not care one bit lol.

growing up i had a bunch of onroad cars even dragsters from Bolink, Associated, Mugen and Kyosho and the Felony destroys them all in every way in regards to fun. I also think it is the perfect size.
Use silver hoons. The white hoons last only a few packs
Today testing findings:
-My adjustments made the steering push and understeer worst.
I adjusted the rear shocks to have more pre load into them and put the priginal setting on the camper links
- rear became a bit tail happy but still unpredictable into corners
Another problem i noticed stock gearing top speed is 65mph and its just WAY too much. Idk what im going to put on yet maybe a 13T.
Im going to attack the rear diff and center diff. Going for 30k also in the rear. I did 30k in the front i hope it wasnt for nothing. Might have to go back to 10k. My first Crash sold me on the rear has no enough traction. That obviously not the issue.
Im aiming at 55mph top speed gearing. People going full throttle while drifting and we wonder why the tires just burn up so quick. A lower gearing means more torque so idk how that is going to effect what im trying to do. But one thing at the time

Last edited:
Use silver hoons. The white hoons last only a few packs
Today testing findings:
-My adjustments made the steering push and understeer worst.
I adjusted the rear shocks to have more pre load into them and put the priginal setting on the camper links
- rear became a bit tail happy but still unpredictable into corners
Another problem i noticed stock gearing top speed is 65mph and its just WAY too much. Idk what im going to put on yet maybe a 13T.
Im going to attack the rear diff and center diff. Going for 30k also in the rear. I did 30k in the front i hope it wasnt for nothing. Might have to go back to 10k. My first Crash sold me on the rear has no enough traction. That obviously not the issue.
Im aiming at 55mph top speed gearing. People going full throttle while drifting and we wonder why the tires just burn up so quick. A lower gearing means more torque so idk how that is going to effect what im trying to do. But one thing at the time
I wish I could think 65 mph was too much. :ROFLMAO: I think almost all of my rigs are geared to go at least 70.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back