Felony My felony tuning journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use silver hoons. The white hoons last only a few packs
Today testing findings:
-My adjustments made the steering push and understeer worst.
I adjusted the rear shocks to have more pre load into them and put the priginal setting on the camper links
- rear became a bit tail happy but still unpredictable into corners
Another problem i noticed stock gearing top speed is 65mph and its just WAY too much. Idk what im going to put on yet maybe a 13T.
Im going to attack the rear diff and center diff. Going for 30k also in the rear. I did 30k in the front i hope it wasnt for nothing. Might have to go back to 10k. My first Crash sold me on the rear has no enough traction. That obviously not the issue.
Im aiming at 55mph top speed gearing. People going full throttle while drifting and we wonder why the tires just burn up so quick. A lower gearing means more torque so idk how that is going to effect what im trying to do. But one thing at the time

It's your choice but I would not drop to a 13T pinion. Between 60-65 is fast for drifting and exactly why I do not need any more pinion upward. If you have a DX5C, you can reduce some of that power to the throttle.

Yes at full throttle is a rush and thrill and takes some time to get used to that power even in an open lot and I do drift around the parking lot islands and have come close to kissing some curves. Why I have 100% ESC brakes set that I use sparingly.

Yes, it comes at a cost. Tires! New set on for first full bash. Next bash front goes to the rear and the rear in the trash and a new set on the front. The same process again so two-pack of tires for 3 runs.

As I said I am juicing it all the way, no stupid donuts all long runs will sweeping drifts full power....a crowd drawer each time at the mall.

I would not drop the diff fluids but if you're not driving it like you stole it so might work for ya.

Keep up the testing!

It's your choice but I would not drop to a 13T pinion. Between 60-65 is fast for drifting and exactly why I do not need any more pinion upward. If you have a DX5C, you can reduce some of that power to the throttle.

Yes at full throttle is a rush and thrill and takes some time to get used to that power even in an open lot and I do drift around the parking lot islands and have come close to kissing some curves. Why I have 100% ESC brakes set that I use sparingly.

Yes, it comes at a cost. Tires! New set on for first full bash. Next bash front goes to the rear and the rear in the trash and a new set on the front. The same process again so two-pack of tires for 3 runs.

As I said I am juicing it all the way, no stupid donuts all long runs will sweeping drifts full power....a crowd drawer each time at the mall.

I would not drop the diff fluids but if you're not driving it like you stole it so might work for ya.

Keep up the testing!
My rear tires still look like they have no wear. The fronts the outside corners are goinf a bit bald. I now have 1 degree carber like how it cane stock. Worn because i keep having understeer on power. Now Running 30k/100k/50k going to see what happens now

Test 5: no improvements. Hand brake became almost usseless now. Still a lot of understeer. Car is unpredictable in the corners. When i was at 30k/100k/10k i was able to sometimes let off the steering and the car will correct itself at the corner exit. Im going to go back to 10k in the front. One side of one tire corner is almost worn off completely while 80% of the threads are still there

Test number 6: Amazing!. Added a tiny bit more front toe out and changed the front diff oil to 10k. 10k/100k/50k seems perfect so far. Tested it for 10mins wanted to quickly test my changes and i felt a lot more confident driving i was even able to take a street corner sideways in perfect control. Understeer is gone. My notorious suffers similarly from understeer. I know what i have to do if i want to fit it in the future(atm 30k/100k/12.5k). But its a lot more menagable. I also got a camber gauge from rpm a must have. Cant believe i didnt get one sooner. I got a metal oner from amazon that was junk.

This is all a nice learning experience. im going to play with the suspension if i feel like it. I have my starting ground established now.

Last edited:

Keep up the testing!
Videos would be amazing! :eek::ROFLMAO::cool:

Wish i could my brother filmed it
I still have sometimes understeer or the drift dies after a period of time as i lose speed. The front tire are 80%% done my front right is on its way out
20220419_023023.jpg
while the rears are at like 50%. 6 packs through.
20220419_023027.jpg
I think im going to go up in center diff fluid but m going to kep running im going to upload a little drift i did around my brother
I feel a lot more confident with it i can drift and go straight like a freaking arrow its just insane. None of my trucks does this they always turn to the left or right depending on the road angle and i always have to trim to go somewhat straight.

Last edited:
I am NOT this guy and never claim to be him...and I have no GpPro yet to film myself but I will.

If I could find an example that matched how I act a fool with the infraction in the mall parking lot this is it. I smoke the tires and rip back/forth, side to side like this. In this example, tires are toast there are no 6 packs and I do not do donuts...that's stupid to me. I can get 11/2 to 2 runs out of a tire if lucky.

In this manner, tires do not last...this is not how others do it. In many videos, guys play with the throttle they don't hold it and they let off it. My finger is locked and 100% I get about 7-9min of bash. In 2020 I hit some curbs and lost control, hell yes. Now in 2021-22, I learned how to control it at full blast and have not kissed a curb. You have to ask how you hit a curb in an open lot...going too fast and not judging stopping distance or my drift was too wide I side smacked the curb.

I promise I will get a video working on a GoPro FB bid now...

So new topic droop! From what i understood. More droop in the rear give more foward traction. More droop in the front gives more traction in the rear. My droop was a little bit off in the rear. Might explain why one side has more wear than the other. Decided to limit my front droop.

That in consequances would give me less rear traction in the rear but allow me to run the front a bit more stiffer without raising the ride height in the front. I still felt i had way too much steering with front silver hoons. The grps made it even more clear with old rear hoons. I remeber the first time i crashed was my first ever attemps to drift. I was running 1000cst front shock fluid instead of the 2000cst. Came to turn rear gave up and i went spiraling out of control into the curb. Since i went back up to 2k in the front i have a bit less grip in the front when turning off power. I might try to go up to 3k in the front.

I took a huge step with the rear diff and front diff tuning. Now my goal is to get closer to the goal post. I might still have one pack left on my front hoons. I was maybe thinking making a cinematic video on a burnout. But i think for the sakes of the testing im doing i need to use them to compair the difference.

Less steering correction when drifting. The drift are a lot linears and smoother. Got a 14th pack trought with the belt showing up in a few spots on my front tires🤣. Ima squeeze a 15th

I did 2 packs today on brand new silver hoons front and rear. I do have some funky tire wear. These were brand new hoons. Did a rear suspension tuneup from what i noticed i have too much camper gain the inside edge and outside edge of the rear tires are really worn. The threads on those edges are almost gone. My left front also has a lot more wear than the other tire in general. Idk why is that. I think i had more preload on it than the other. But the stability is quite insane. My drifts are Always started with the handbrake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back