Notorious My first 6s rc car, what would be some good first mods to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudeNation

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
Basically looking for some add-ons/mods to make it stronger exp. the tires & have a better overall experience.
20220220_094050.jpg
20220220_161847.jpg
20220220_162609.jpg

I think most will tell you that for what this truck is meant for. The stock tires are the best of the best especially for the price. If anything, people may suggest using the Backflip LPs from the 4s model.

Set the steering endpoints, recalibrate the throttle, and run it.

Know that as a new driver, you will break a lot of stuff that may not really need to be upgraded, so maybe make your first round of replacements stock parts. If you break something twice, then upgrade it.

My 6s trucks are mostly stock. I bash them pretty hard, but not like Duperbash hard.

I depends what is your intention is and your budget.

As @Jerry-rigged wrote, running it stock at first and see what breaks is probably the sensible thing to do. Maybe only reinforce the body with Gorilla tape or Drywall tape + ShoeGoo.

Depending on what you already have at home, I'd first buy good tools, a good charger, batteries...only then I'd consider upgrading stuff.

If you really want to upgrade stuff on it to make it stronger, I'd say high quality chassis braces, chassis, shock towers, Ackerman plate, should be the first things to consider upgrading. My advice would be to avoid half-assing the upgrades. Either do or don't, but avoid going in-between to save a few bucks. For the metal upgrade parts, go for the high-end 7075-T6 stuff like M2C, GKA, KC-RC, etc. and avoid lower-end stuff like EXB, GPM, Integy, etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back