Senton My First Arrma (Senton V3)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRS184crown

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
So I just got a my first basher/ short course rc and I liked the style of the Senton so when with it. I bought it used and tbh the chassis does not seem like it had a hard life from inspecting although the body has a crack in but, I reckon that is to be expected on this type of vehicle.
IMG_20211223_110339_749.jpg
IMG_20211223_110339_707.jpg

IMG_20211223_110339_646.jpg

I have already started ordering 👀
One of them is a 1978 chevy c10 body from proline.
_lg-pl3510-00.jpg

I love the c10 truck irl, so I had to buy this when I came across it. Talk about impulse buys I couldn't find anywhere in the UK with it in stock so I ordered from the good ol USA (I'm from florida, but the family decided we were all better off living in a wet cold climate 🤷🏾‍♂️)

I also have a friend 3D printing a cover for the centre drive shaft keep gunk and dirt away from it and the bearing. Will get a photo of that when it arrives.

Before I run a lipo through this truck I wanna strip it, clean, regrease the usual maintenance stuff. I prob won't upgrade any bits unless it breaks. I've been doing my research and finding wisdom in different places one thing I've read that's common is the car parachuting alot, so I might cut some vents in the body to help that problem.

Welcome to the forum. I love that Proline body...I've got one sitting on the shelf while I try to figure out what I want to do with paint. The Sentons are great rigs, I think you'll be pleased. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you guys come up with on the center shaft cover. If it works well, I bet there's a market here for you and your friend to make a few bucks!

Welcome to the Forum!

That Senton looks clean, nice find!

The tires are not stock, and I don't recognize them. Before your next tire purchase, be sure to pull them and measure the hex. Stock the senton comes with 14mm hex, but frequently people will swap them for the more common 12mm hex. 12mm is nice as there are more (and cheaper) tire choices, but they are not as strong.

Looks like a good buy.. Looks like it needs some shock adjustments.. Fronts high, maybe pull the collars off.. Plan on a steering servo in the near future.. Many upgrades to be had!!😎

Welcome to the forum. I love that Proline body...I've got one sitting on the shelf while I try to figure out what I want to do with paint. The Sentons are great rigs, I think you'll be pleased. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you guys come up with on the center shaft cover. If it works well, I bet there's a market here for you and your friend to make a few bucks!

Thanks. Luckily the dealer i work with have paint codes for almost every manufacterer so i have too much to choose from. I'll get a photo up once i get the cover so yall can see what its like.

Welcome to the Forum!

That Senton looks clean, nice find!

The tires are not stock, and I don't recognize them. Before your next tire purchase, be sure to pull them and measure the hex. Stock the senton comes with 14mm hex, but frequently people will swap them for the more common 12mm hex. 12mm is nice as there are more (and cheaper) tire choices, but they are not as strong.

I do have Traxxas trx4 hexs and they are 12mm i might try them and see if they fit snug.

Looks like a good buy.. Looks like it needs some shock adjustments.. Fronts high, maybe pull the collars off.. Plan on a steering servo in the near future.. Many upgrades to be had!!😎
Well i managed to get it 130 below retail so happy days. I'll have a look into the shocks. Im sure i have a 35kg servo lying around somewhere that came out of a crawler I had.

So I just got a my first basher/ short course rc and I liked the style of the Senton so when with it. I bought it used and tbh the chassis does not seem like it had a hard life from inspecting although the body has a crack in but, I reckon that is to be expected on this type of vehicle.
View attachment 188039View attachment 188040
View attachment 188041

I have already started ordering 👀
One of them is a 1978 chevy c10 body from proline. View attachment 188042
I love the c10 truck irl, so I had to buy this when I came across it. Talk about impulse buys I couldn't find anywhere in the UK with it in stock so I ordered from the good ol USA (I'm from florida, but the family decided we were all better off living in a wet cold climate 🤷🏾‍♂️)

I also have a friend 3D printing a cover for the centre drive shaft keep gunk and dirt away from it and the bearing. Will get a photo of that when it arrives.

Before I run a lipo through this truck I wanna strip it, clean, regrease the usual maintenance stuff. I prob won't upgrade any bits unless it breaks. I've been doing my research and finding wisdom in different places one thing I've read that's common is the car parachuting alot, so I might cut some vents in the body to help that problem.
The c10 does look great on the Senton. I have, or had, the same body.
20210228_194626.jpg
20210403_213444.jpg

Welcome to the Forum and be sure to share videos and pics of your Senton Shenanigans!

Welcome! Great first car👍 I started off with two K6s than bought a senton n have been hooked on it since😂. I actually traded 1 Kraton for a new Mojave exb bcuz I liked the senton style so much lol. As you stated plenty of wisdom here to get you through just about any issue and if not just ask!. You may also want to look into scorched fenders or a dust cover to keep things out of chassis area 👍

Welcome! Great first car👍 I started off with two K6s than bought a senton n have been hooked on it since😂. I actually traded 1 Kraton for a new Mojave exb bcuz I liked the senton style so much lol. As you stated plenty of wisdom here to get you through just about any issue and if not just ask!. You may also want to look into scorched fenders or a dust cover to keep things out of chassis area 👍
Thanks for the Welcoming. I find myself researching alot before i go off asking. I have already ordered a Dusty Motor chassis cover so that box is ticked. ;)
So i've been trying to think of ideas for the paintjob on the C10 and i came accross this. I used to watch this show when i was younger so i might go ahead with it unless I figure something and decide otherwise. Also thought of doing a nascar truck paint job as well. 🤷‍♂️

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Ive found this which might be more suited to what the truck is actually going to be doing when i have it running. If i go this route im going to have to find someone who can print all these decals
1985-Steve-Kelley-TS-photo.jpg

Steve-Kelley-1986-Fireworks-250-885x598.jpg

b496e00a82764ad71b9f7482f59a4037.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the Welcoming. I find myself researching alot before i go off asking. I have already ordered a Dusty Motor chassis cover so that box is ticked. ;)
So i've been trying to think of ideas for the paintjob on the C10 and i came accross this. I used to watch this show when i was younger so i might go ahead with it unless I figure something and decide otherwise. Also thought of doing a nascar truck paint job as well. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 188088

View attachment 188089
Ive found this which might be more suited to what the truck is actually going to be doing when i have it running. If i go this route im going to have to find someone who can print all these decalsView attachment 188116

View attachment 188118

View attachment 188119
SANFORD AND SON!!!! DUDE THATD BE SOOOO BADA$$!!!

haha loving your reaction to this. Atm its a toss up between Steve kelly's baja c10 and the sanford and son truck
Im not sure of Kelly's truck. Sure its nice and all. But man really! Won't hold a stick to Sanford or his Son 😆. Either way I'm sure you will have a nice rig bud. 👍

Edit: just seen you already had the pics posted 🤣😜. I get all excited when Sanford and Son gets brought up. 👊. Lots of memories 👍

View attachment 188088

View attachment 188089
Ive found this which might be more suited to what the truck is actually going to be doing when i have it running. If i go this route im going to have to find someone who can print all these decalsView attachment 188116

View attachment 188118

View attachment 188119
Right on! I dig both of those either one would look awesome👍. I run a dusty cover as wel does a fine job keeping things clear of chassis, mine did how ever rip in a few spots(pretty sure from hitting tires) but the Velcro has held up pretty good to my surprise especially when it gets wet/dirty.

Right on! I dig both of those either one would look awesome👍. I run a dusty cover as wel does a fine job keeping things clear of chassis, mine did how ever rip in a few spots(pretty sure from hitting tires) but the Velcro has held up pretty good to my surprise especially when it gets wet/dirty.
I just got home and my dust cover just arrived. Buzzing!!

Few other bits came as well for my mug rig (brushless wraith) and rock crawler (trx4) I'm a happy lad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back